Jello ideas

Discussion in 'The Creative Community' started by SJCSuzyQ, Dec 19, 2005.

1. SJCSuzyQ

SJCSuzyQ Mouseketeer

Hi All :wave:

We're having Christmas dinner at our house and I'm looking for some great Jello recipes. We'll be having both a ham and a turkey and all the usual fixings, so we're pretty open to suggestions. Any great combinations that you like? Do tell.

Thanks,

Suzy

2. RangerPooh

RangerPooh DIS Veteran

Here's an idea that's more of a dessert:

take a large of box of Jello (Safeway brand works too) and instead of adding 3 cups water reduce it to 1.5 cups. Then add .5-1 tub whipped cream; reduced fat or regular (I have found that thawed works better than frozen). Whisk until melted. Refridgerate for a few hours. When ready it will have two layers. This is very yummy! :earboy2:

3. inky dinky doo

inky dinky doo <font color=FF6699>I've got the best cure for the

Here are a couple of my favorites . . .

Cranberry/Raspberry Jell-O

This salad is absolutely yummy with turkey!

1 small can crushed pineapple (do not drain)
    1 can whole cranberry sauce
    10 pkg. frozen raspberries, thawed
    6 oz. pkg. raspberry Jell-O

Dissolve Jell-O in 2 c. boiling water. Let Jell-O partially set. Stir in remaining ingredients. Chill and let completely set. Enjoy!

My Favorite Jell-O Salad

This is great with ham, and sometimes I'll make just the topping, thin it down with a bit of extra pineapple juice, and use it was a dip for fruit. Ummmmmm!

2 small pkg. orange Jell-O, water as directed on package
    3 bananas, sliced
    1 2-lb. can crushed pineapple (reserve juice)
    2 or 3 C. mini marshmallows

Prepare Jell-O until syrupy. Add bananas (sliced), pineapple, and marshmallows. Pour into a 9 x 13" pan. Refrigerate until firm.

Topping
    1/2 c. sugar
    1 egg, beaten
    1/2 c. pineapple juice
    1 T. butter
    8-oz. Cool Whip
    In saucepan, beat egg. Add sugar and pineapple juice. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Add butter. Cool and fold into Cool Whip or Dream Whip. Put on Jell-o mixture.

Mandarin Orange Salad

8 oz. Cool Whip
    17 oz. pineapple chunks, drained
    17 oz. mandarin orange slices, drained
    24 oz. cottage cheese
    6 oz. pkg. orange-flavored Jell-O
    Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir together thoroughly. Do this gently, so as not to break up the fruit. Place in a mold of your choice and let set in refrigerator for several hours before serving.