Jedi Training or TSMM first?

pens4821

DIS Veteran
My nephew wasn't much of a Star Wars fan, until he saw the recent movie now he really wants to do the Jedi Training. It sort of threw my plans off a bit, looking for thoughts.

We are going to HS on an EMH morning on the 21st. I know it's said they aren't as hard to get, but we are going to EP in the afternoon for FP (start at 2) and dinner, so we don't want a later Jedi time.

I'm assuming the best thing to do is go straight to sign up, maybe try to get a the 1040 show, then head to TSM. From there we'd try to do RNRC and TOT. Do you think we'd have enough time to that and get the 1040 slot? We will be back at HS later in the week, but have no plans to be back in the AM. How late do they usually take sign ups until they all fill up? We could head over in the AM to sign up for a night show, then go about our day as planned elsewhere.

Or do you think it would be better to go to TSMM, then go to signup? Do you think there would still be times around noon left? I know there is no way to know for sure, just curious with others experiences.

A few weeks ago, we went to HS twice. We did Jedi Training on both visits. We arrived at the signup near 11am (with a 9am park opening). The only show open was the 7:10pm one. The next visit, it was supposed to rain all day long. We arrived at the sign up near 10:30am (another 9am park opening). This time, they were at the 3:10pm show. Our week was supposed to be a slow week and the weather wasn't great. HS was the recommended park on the first day and the second recommended park on the second day. In the past, nothing would have been open at 11am. So, it is easier to get into a show, but it does still fill up after about 2 hours.

We were there last week on a very slow day, and I think the first couple of shows were filled up within the hour of park opening, if not sooner. If JTA before a certain time is a must do, you should go there first. You can always ride any of those rides on your second HS day when you arrive late in the day, but once JTA is full, it is done.

Thank you both for your thoughts. I think going to sign up first would be the best plan of attack. A couple of us could go ride RNRC while someone goes with my nephew to sign up, then maybe meet up at TSMM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter