Jedi training academy tips

DisneyMom234

Mouseketeer
I think my 2 boys would love this!! Any tips on how to get noticed and chosen? Best places to be for viewing? How far in advance of start to get there? Any info is greatly appreciated!! :)

We've only ever sat through it once and that one time we got chosen. Both of my boys happened to be wearing Star Wars shirts both with Darth Vader on them. We were there about 20 minutes early and there might have been just a couple of people there before us. We were front and center (well, at the front next to the walkway).

Yes agree with Star Wars shirts. We did the first one of the day - it wasn't that busy the day we did it in September. My son was also front and centre just to the left of the walkway. He wore a Star Wars shirt and also had a small sign (an A4 size piece of paper - he had it folded up small in his pocket) that he had drawn with something like the "The force is strong in me". The Jedi Master also said he was looking for lots of excitement. So when it was time my son wiped out his sign waved it around jumping up and down - he was the first one chosen lol.

Good Luck.

We did this last week, my daughter was chosen the first show we tried and my son the second. We got to the show about 30 minutes before start time so the kids sat down in the front centre next to the walkway (unfortunately in the blazing sun, poor kids were so hot). They both had Star Wars shirts and my daughter also had Princess Leia hair. Then they did lots of jumping up and down when it came time to be chosen. Actually my son didn't do so much the first time round, also he was pushed to the second row from the front by some other kids, but the second show he was in the front and did more jumping/hand waving and was chosen.

A couple of kids had signs and I think they were all chosen. Also some with knitted Star Wars hats.

This weekend they were doing a preregistration starting at 8:00. There were signs at the entrance to the park with details.

I think my 2 boys would love this!! Any tips on how to get noticed and chosen? Best places to be for viewing? How far in advance of start to get there? Any info is greatly appreciated!! :)

Our boys wore the R2D2 Mickey ears, sat in the front row and were chosen. They loved it. We showed up about 20 minutes early. Bring your video camera. Its SO adorable

This was up this weekend - don't know if they are doing this only on the weekend

12087205_1633082596958379_1747505727210249851_o.jpg

Our son was picked when we went to the first show of the day. I think we only got there about 10min early and sat our son in the first row. I've heard that the earlier shows tend not to be as crowded as the later shows. Good luck, and may the force be with you!

ok I am a little confused. I thought to do Jedi training you just need to put your name on the list first thing with whatever time slot is open. Am I thinking of something different? This kind of puts a little damper on our plans as I definitely don't think my shy daughter is going to get chosen.

ok I am a little confused. I thought to do Jedi training you just need to put your name on the list first thing with whatever time slot is open. Am I thinking of something different? This kind of puts a little damper on our plans as I definitely don't think my shy daughter is going to get chosen.

At WDW that is the case. At Disneyland the protocol has been that kids wave their hands, scream, wear Star Wars clothes, and hold up signs begging to be picked. They have done two tests recently where people can put their kids' names on a list and come back at the scheduled time. I am assuming that this will become protocol when the new show opens soon. Until then, I'd plan for the old way and then be on the lookout for a possible testing of the sign-up process.

Use a sign - a small piece of cardboard that easily folds up when not in use.
Some unique item of apparel that is easy for the Jedi Master to identify - brightly colored shirt or hat that stands out.

When we did it there was no rhyme or reason to it. They took some from one part then from another part of the crowd and then they came back to the parts of the crowd where they had taken kids already and took more kids. Still, it will be interesting to see how things change with this pre-registration thing.

DD wants to do this, we will be in DL from Monday onwards so will see if it is sign up or picking from the crowd

It's hard to predict. My kids have been chosen twice, once at an early show and once at the third show. They just sorta jumped around and got chosen. Nothing special about their shirts. My DD had an Olaf shirt one of the times, so I guess SW shirts are mandatory.

So is this only happening on the weekend? Will be there next week and was wondering what to expect.

So is this only happening on the weekend? Will be there next week and was wondering what to expect.

It's only happened for two different tests. It's not a permanent thing yet. You could ask a CM when you enter the park to see if they're taking signups, but I'd expect to have to do it the old fashioned way.

Both of my boys wore star wars shirts and waved excitedly...however they only chose my oldest. It was hard for my un-chosen younger son (tears were shed), but I took him to the star wars shop and distracted him there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter