Jedi, Princesses and Disney Geeks...Oh My!! The Sweet Sixteen go to Disney!6-11 New

I love the ABC Family Christmas Movies every year. They are so much fun, I look forward to them every Christmas. :santa:

The Mint Matchbooks look really neat!

I put the schedule on my fridge so I can keep track of the ones I really want to watch. I am looking forward to making the mint matchbooks. I will post pics when they are ready.

For some reason, I wasn't getting emails when my Dis friends were posting. I think I've finally gotten all caught up on my subscriptions.

So, tell me, how do the mint matchbook thingies work? That sounds like a great idea. Since we are from Louisiana, I am thinking about buying a whole bunch of the mini Tabasco bottles and adding thank you tags to them to give to CMs.

I saw the Family Channel movie countdown advertisement this weekend too!

Okay, I'm off to check out the Black Friday website. Tah-tah!

The mint matchbooks from what I have read are pretty easy to make. I think I have a site bookmarked that gives step by step instructions. I will have to find it. Black Friday shopping is a yearly tradition for us. :santa:

WELL looks like we will now have to wait to see if we get a code for the photopass, they are only offereing the pre sale 45 days out and they have to offer it to you and only if you are staying at a disney resort. :mad:

WELL looks like we will now have to wait to see if we get a code for the photopass, they are only offereing the pre sale 45 days out and they have to offer it to you and only if you are staying at a disney resort. :mad:

What! I hadn't heard that! I hope that we can get a code. I hate when Disney makes crazy rules.:confused3

They talked about it on the last podcast...it's obnoxious. Apparently, if you've gone through a TA (which we have) or any other method of making reservations than calling them directly, you won't get the offer. I don't understand why they insist on doing things just to annoy some of their most enthusiastic customers!!! Hopefully, they'll get it straight before we head out.

Picture Time!

This was our first time golfing at Winter Summerland. It was so much fun! I loved the theme. They played Christmas :santa:music and we got a candy cane at the end. We did the winter side first and we had so much fun that we decided to do the summer side too.

DSC04463.jpg

DSC04472.jpg

DSC04742.jpg

Another first for us was going on the Keys to the Kingdom tour. It was a blast! I picked the earliest time so we could get into MK without the crowds. It was so strange to see the almost empty streets. The tour was GREAT! I love learning about all of the history and details that make MK so special.

100_1996.jpg

100_2009.jpg

100_2017.jpg

100_2051.jpg

Those finished mint matches are so cute! Those are such a great idea.

I think what they are doing with photopass is stupid. I don't get it. I mean they are still making $100 bucks of people who pre-order it!

Those finished mint matches are so cute! Those are such a great idea.

I think what they are doing with photopass is stupid. I don't get it. I mean they are still making $100 bucks of people who pre-order it!

I can't wait to make them and see how they turn out.

I agree about the photopass. Disney is making a lot of money so I don't understand why they are changing things like that.

Keys to the Kingdom Tour is on my list for sure! :thumbsup2

Yes!:goodvibes It is so much fun! Especially since you are into history you will love it! Someday I would love to do the Backstage Magic tour which is all day. I will have to really save up for that one.

Hey there! I figured that you'd had enough of a break (to process the information overload), so I could come back and introduce a few more folks that will be traveling with us!

First of all...my mom:

100_2214.jpg

This is her with Jack about a year ago from his pre-k "Special Person Day." She's a pediatric RN who will hopefully be all but retired by the time we get to this trip. If she goes through with it, I'm getting her an "I'm Celebrating" button! She keeps my dad busy with all kinds of projects around the house, since he retired several years ago. She's a doting grammy, and loves to spoil my kids absolutely rotten. They live in my hometown about 40 minutes south of us, so we get together as much as we can. This is a rare flattering picture of her - she has a knack for contorting her face in weird ways when the camera flashes. She does everything she can to hide from the camera, but she's not going to be able to at WDW!!

My aunt (one of her seven siblings) is also coming along, but I need to find a good picture of her! She's an LPN and the office manager at a large health clinic in eastern IN. She was my childhood babysitter (as we grew up next door to my grandparents), my confirmation sponsor, and my cheerleader as I competed in the ISSMA (high school music association here) contests every year. It's been tough as she's farther away now, and because she had the intense task of caring for my grandmother when mini-strokes robbed her of all of her personality/faculties slowly over 10 years. Gram passed away last May, and Deedee (everyone else calls her Dee, but I just can't) is now my grandfather's best friend and entertainer. :rolleyes: She's never been to Disney before, and can't wait. She's also simply one of the most fun-to-be-around people I've ever known!

My MIL and FIL:
100_6072.jpg

This was taken at 'Ohana at the Poly in 2007. We had such a great time with them! We don't have the typical in-laws relationship at all. They've even gone on a week-long vacation with us and my parents! My father-in-law comes down (2 1/2 hours) each week to babysit for us for several days straight. He's an amazing caregiver during the week. He retired from U.S. Steele in 2003, and has been coming down here since Jack was 10 months old. My mother-in-law still works up in their hometown, but heads down every chance she gets. I'm spoiled rotten, because when she comes down she cleans, cooks, and organizes! She just left today, and my garage and two of my closets are completely re-organized. :lovestruc

Bryan's Uncle (Un)

100_3665.jpg

Haley began calling him "Un" when she was very young, and it stuck. He's my father-in-law's brother, so we'll have three generations of brothers coming along for this trip! He's so attentive to and patient with my kids - Haley has had his hair in curlers, he's watched countless hours of video with Jack, and Will just climbs all over him. We don't get to see him near as much as we'd like due to his work schedule, so we're looking forward to seeing him for a straight week. He is an EXPERT photographer, and I know he's looking forward to taking lots of pictures (and we're looking forward to seeing them!). This isn't a great picture, but since he's usually behind the camera it was hard to find a good one. He's also a train enthusiast, so Shelley and I have been telling him about the train tour.

Bryan's Grandma and Great-Aunt:

IMG_0109.jpg

(This is them - the two to the left - with their sister-in-law)
We were pleasantly surprised when Grandma and her sister decided they'd be joining us. They're currently living in New Mexico, where they took care of their mother and step-father until they passed away (Great Grandma passed away last June...it was a rocky start to the summer!). They're now adjusting to their increased freedom. They've decided to stay the whole week instead of the three or four days they were originally talking about, and they're also staying with us at CBR instead of the GF because they want to be with the group (yeah, that's a sacrifice! :eek:). I know they're interested most in Epcot, and in watching the kids enjoy themselves.

Ok...I think that's everyone who hadn't already been introduced! You can see why we're so excited. It's such an amazing group of people!!! All of the ages, and sides of the family...we're coming from lots of different places...and we're hopefully all going to have a blast.

I hope your head isn't spinning now. I can always draw out a diagram for everyone to follow.....:rotfl:

Sounds like you have such a great group of people in your group! :goodvibes

I love seeing all their photos.

Jen, thanks for updating our tour group! I think we are going to have a blast!

LL, Thanks! They are a good group to travel with.

What! I hadn't heard that! I hope that we can get a code. I hate when Disney makes crazy rules.:confused3

They talked about it on the last podcast...it's obnoxious. Apparently, if you've gone through a TA (which we have) or any other method of making reservations than calling them directly, you won't get the offer. I don't understand why they insist on doing things just to annoy some of their most enthusiastic customers!!! Hopefully, they'll get it straight before we head out.
well my dad called them direct for our reservations, i hope we still get one, and that staying in the Campground has nothing to hurt those chances.

Let's take a "trip" to Downtown Disney today.

First we can eat at Wolfgang Puck Express:
Jen we have to go here!

DSC03535.jpg

Then we can do some shopping. Every trip we get a Christmas ornament.

DSC03544.jpg

DSC03537.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC03541.jpg

DSC03538.jpg

These pictures are so pretty:
DSC03555.jpg

DSC03554.jpg

DSC03560.jpg

I love this!
DSC03557.jpg

and this:
DSC03572.jpg

We could design our own hat.
DSC03570.jpg

Pick up some potato head parts.
DSC03587.jpg

Or start a collection.
DSC03580.jpg

DSC03575.jpg

Then we need to get dessert here.

DSC03534.jpg

This sounds like a great day to me! I hope you had fun too!:goodvibes

Shelley, your youngest nephew went NUTS when he saw those pictures. We've really gotten him trained early. He shrieks and points whenever he sees that Disney ad at the top of the boards - the one with Mickey in it? That's all it takes! :rotfl:

I love Downtown Disney! We've never gotten to spend the time there we'd like to. And I think the only two places we've eaten there are Rainforest Cafe and Earl of Sandwich. I liked Earl of Sandwich, but I really want to try Wolfgang Puck's. The menu there just looks great! The kids are taking their own money this trip (I've promised them that I'll match whatever they can spend...a concept hard for a five year old and an eight year old to comprehend, but still...plus I know a few relatives that are planning on giving them Disney Dollars), but we'll still buy them each a plush toy. It's kind of our tradition. We like to do it early on, too, so it's waiting in the room for them when they get back from the parks.

I think we might head to DTD the Saturday before our package starts, since we'll be staying at Pop that one night after we drive down and won't have park tickets. Plus, Jack is absolutely adamant that he's making a lightsaber at Once Upon a Toy. I have been telling people NOT to buy him lightsabers for Christmas - I just don't need that many lightsabers around the house! :rolleyes:

Sounds like you have such a great group of people in your group! :goodvibes

I love seeing all their photos.

As you can tell, Shelley and I are picture people! I'm hoping to use birthday money to spend on a camera that I can keep with me. Right now, we have a Kodak that's too bulky for my purse (and is not acting reliably at the moment), plus Bry usually uses it. I can't imagine how many pictures we'll take at Disney with TWO cameras, though! :faint:

well my dad called them direct for our reservations, i hope we still get one, and that staying in the Campground has nothing to hurt those chances.

Surely they'll send you one - Fort Wilderness is just as much Disney property as anywhere else! I have to go and check out your little guy's thread. Is he growing like a weed like Will?

Shelley, your youngest nephew went NUTS when he saw those pictures. We've really gotten him trained early. He shrieks and points whenever he sees that Disney ad at the top of the boards - the one with Mickey in it? That's all it takes! :rotfl:

I love Downtown Disney! We've never gotten to spend the time there we'd like to. And I think the only two places we've eaten there are Rainforest Cafe and Earl of Sandwich. I liked Earl of Sandwich, but I really want to try Wolfgang Puck's. The menu there just looks great! The kids are taking their own money this trip (I've promised them that I'll match whatever they can spend...a concept hard for a five year old and an eight year old to comprehend, but still...plus I know a few relatives that are planning on giving them Disney Dollars), but we'll still buy them each a plush toy. It's kind of our tradition. We like to do it early on, too, so it's waiting in the room for them when they get back from the parks.

I think we might head to DTD the Saturday before our package starts, since we'll be staying at Pop that one night after we drive down and won't have park tickets. Plus, Jack is absolutely adamant that he's making a lightsaber at Once Upon a Toy. I have been telling people NOT to buy him lightsabers for Christmas - I just don't need that many lightsabers around the house! :rolleyes:

We will make DTD a priority this trip. It is so much fun to explore. You will love WPE. I am glad that Will is catching on to our Disney obsession so young. Not that he has a choice!:laughing:

There will be a lot of Disney planning, dreaming and scrapbooking going on this weekend. Tim and I are going to visit Bryan and Jen and the kids. Jen's b-day is Sunday and we surprised her by coming down for a visit. Jen and I are going to a big "crop" on Saturday. I am sure Disney talk is on our agenda. We will post with any new developments.:thumbsup2

Love the photo tour of DTD! I am dying to try Wolfgang Puck Express!

Oooh, I bet lots of planning will be happening this weekend. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter