Jawa Trading question... As a parent how would you feel

Status
Not open for further replies.

erinch

Parsing the same ee cummings poem for 20 years
...if a stranger offered you unwrapped trinkets to trade with the Jawas. My 20 yr old) DD picket out a bunch of dollar store items. We had fun trading a couple, but it was evident the Jawas will trade only a couple of items. So we have a bunch left.

As a parent, if a stranger offered you unwrapped ire,s for trading would it bother you? It would not have bothered me, but a lot has changed since my kids were little.

I would appreciate it, especially if I didn't know that trading with the Jawas was a "thing," which I'm sure many people don't.

I would think it was really sweet. I think it is different when you are standing with your child at WDW as a family and an adult offers them something to be nice, than if your child was by themselves somewhere outside of WDW and a stranger was giving them something. I would appreciate it if we had no clue about the Jawas and someone gave DD something to trade.

@erinch - it's very thoughtful and most families will be grateful, especially if you find a child who didn't come prepared.

what is this? ive never heard of it
At the Star Wars Launch Bay in DHS, the Jawas will make trades with guests. They accept trinkets (no money/coins) in exchange for droid parts, pins, or recycled trinkets. Sometimes they are stingy and will reject your offering.

It wouldn't bother us at all. We often find ways to gift families with a little magic at Disney. We'd appreciate it back too.
For us, it's no different than strangers offer paper FP they aren't going to use

This is one of the few situations in which I would find it appropriate to offer an item to another family. Glow sticks at parades & the old paper FP would be the others.

I would appreciate the gesture, but only if the adult offered to ME the adult. Not if the stranger offered the trinkets directly to my children to trade.

I would appreciate the gesture, but only if the adult offered to ME the adult. Not if the stranger offered the trinkets directly to my children to trade.

100% agree (emphasis added to original quote). And in reading the OP, it seems like that's exactly what they were proposing to do, so yes, it seems like a kind gesture on your daughter's behalf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter