Japanese Maples

Muushka

<font color=red>I usually feel like I just stepped
I have developed a passion for these trees!

I now have 6 of them. All but 2 are the small "lace leaf" varity. They can be pretty expensive, but boy are they beautiful.

I was thinking about trying to "build" one. Has anybody ever done this? (Attaching a branch of the laceleaf onto the trunk of another tree- I think!)

Anyone else out there a collector of these beauties?????

I don't have one, but I adore them. A neighbor has 2 and I am forever walking by just to admire them!

I am not a collector but do love these maples. I have a Redleaf Japanese Maple and a Red Threadleaf Japanese Maple. They are both very pretty trees.

I know the threadleafs are top-grafted on a 2 foot stems. But have never done any grafting.

Threadleaf = laceleaf, right?

What kind of 2 foot stems are they top grafted on to?

I have plenty of JM branches to donate to this project!

Thank you for any info you can give me.

I know grafting is suppose to be easy. I would do a little research on it. I think you need the wood stock from the same botanically related plant that you are going to graft onto. There are different types of grafting for different types of plant and trees.

Try this site

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter