January the month of budget busters vent

gator75

DIS Veteran
So far this month has been bad budget wise. I had hoped i would be able to save some extra cash, but someone has other ideas. First of all the first part of january has included us needing a new water heater to the tune of 1000.00 dollars. Then yesterday i went to go somewhere and my van statrts acting up come to discover a big puddle of power steering fluid in driveway and can't get it in until next monday. I hope this dosen't set the tone for the rest of the year or it's going to be long and expensive.

So far this month has been bad budget wise. I had hoped i would be able to save some extra cash, but someone has other ideas. First of all the first part of january has included us needing a new water heater to the tune of 1000.00 dollars. Then yesterday i went to go somewhere and my van statrts acting up come to discover a big puddle of power steering fluid in driveway and can't get it in until next monday. I hope this dosen't set the tone for the rest of the year or it's going to be long and expensive.

Sorry for your bad luck. I would maybe reevaluate who you use for your plumbing because you can buy a water heater at Home Depot for $150. Even if you have a tankless water heater, those small new kind you can get those for less than $400. I have never seen a $1,000 water heater.

I feel your pain. 7 days into the new year I needed 4 new tires and front and back brakes.

Feel for you. Already we've had surgery for DS7, new tires for the car our teen boys share and Friday found water pouring through our downstairs ceiling from our kids bathroom shower fixtures leaking into the wall.

Know how you feel as that seems to happen all the tiime around here. When it rains it pours. Hope you are done with unexpected expenses for a while.

Sorry for your bad luck. I would maybe reevaluate who you use for your plumbing because you can buy a water heater at Home Depot for $150. Even if you have a tankless water heater, those small new kind you can get those for less than $400. I have never seen a $1,000 water heater.
I agree, they got ripped off heavily. We just replaced our water heater and it was $500 with installation.

If it makes you feel any better, which it probably won't, but maybe just knowing someone is out there going through poop too, lol. Either my daughter or boyfriend downloaded a virus on my desktop. We can't get rid of it, but weren't incredibly worried about getting it fixed because I do my school work on my laptop.

Over the weekend my daughter (she swears it wasn't her, but I'm not buying it, it COULD have been our dog chewing) but they cut through my laptop power cord. We were thinking about replacing it because it's old and needed to be updated, and we just replaced the a/c adapter two months ago. All of my homework for my math class is due Thursday, so this morning we went out and bought me a pretty new laptop.

I guess it could have been worse, I mean, we were thinking about buying one in a few months any ways ... but seriously?!

I'm sure things will get better. Just don't run your ankle over with the car like I did on Friday the 13th. :headache: I had the car in reverse not park. As I stepped out the door knocked me down and I watched as the car rolled over my foot, across the street, over the curb, and into the neighbors yard with my daughter in it screaming.:scared1: Lucky for me no one hit the car and I did not break one bone in my foot. I did tear it up a bit, have to wear a boot, and have cellulitis on my leg where the door hit me. It's a budget buster since I am off work and don't get paid time off or sick time (substitute teacher).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!