January 4, 2014 Fantasy, Trust, and Pixie Dust!

I'm in Santa Clarita so we are all really close and used to the same weather! :goodvibes:

From what I've read about January the water at CC is too chilly to go into. That's a bummer. I was really looking forward to going in. :(

I'm in Santa Clarita so we are all really close and use to the same weather! :goodvibes:

From what I've read about January the water at CC is too chilly to go into. That's a bummer. I was really looking forward to going in. :(

It is a Small World after all!:rotfl: My son lives in Santa Clarita (off of Sand Canyon).

I'm with cantsitstill, one of the sons x)

To be honest, I feel like boat never stopped rocking, even if it was a little bit. On the Magic, I could barely feel it, so it might have been the waters. (doesn't bother me)

Anyways, I'm Austin! Nice to meet y'all! It's crazy how many are from CA, since last week, I didnt meet anyone from CA xD

Also, the water on CC felt pretty nice to me, chilly, but you can get used to it! :) I just hope the Sea-Doo excursion isnt cancelled next time! :O

I think my huge suitcase is going to be pretty full since I have to pack for all weather conditions plus all the extra Disney goodies :-) shouldn't be as heavy as when I am going on an Alaskan cruise though!!! Planning on bringing one carry on with the FE stuff, door magnets, and some alcohol.

Welcome to the new Californians! Nice to hear you guys had a great trip.

Anyone know what the typical water/rocking situation is like on the western itinerary? Last year when I went on the eastern on epic I could hardly ever feel the motion. Not that it really matters, I will certainly have my patch on (only thing that works for me) I get really sea sick if I don't have thy thing. I have sailed all locations of the ship before and since I am usually in bed sleeping when I am in my cabin stateroom location and amount of rocking does not matter too much.

I just started a crazy semester at school... One of my professors posted on the slide, "life is hard, and then you die" she said that pretty much sums up this semester.... Glad I have this cruise to plan for to keep me alive!

Disneylandfanatic said:
Has anyone started to think/plan excursions for each of the ports?

Going to do the package on CC and beach excursions everywhere else. My son is too young for much else.

What is the CC package? Water sports, bike etc?

I think we are planning a visit to the ruins, a day at an all inclusive beach, probably another beach type day and planning on just roaming around cc possibly snorkeling if the water isn't too too cold, and I don't chicken out :-)

I think we're leaning toward beach days. The package on CC sounds good. Thinking of Paradise Beach on Cozumel. Although my son wants my granddaughter to do a dolphin excursion...the push and pull...actually swimming with them. Any recommendations which is the best?

Disneylandfanatic said:
What is the CC package? Water sports, bike etc?

I think we are planning a visit to the ruins, a day at an all inclusive beach, probably another beach type day and planning on just roaming around cc possibly snorkeling if the water isn't too too cold, and I don't chicken out :-)

I haven't looked but I've heard that there is a package that includes all kinds if stuff. Maybe we will also so the stingray thing. My son isn't really into that though but will see as he gets older.

I pretty much like to do Disney excursions because the Disney CMs who go are so great with the kids and helping me out with him. So I'll do whatever beach excursions they have. May do the turtle farm one though too.

I'd love to do the ruins but that would mean leaving my kid on the ship. No way am I doing that.

I'm with cantsitstill, one of the sons x)

To be honest, I feel like boat never stopped rocking, even if it was a little bit. On the Magic, I could barely feel it, so it might have been the waters. (doesn't bother me)

Anyways, I'm Austin! Nice to meet y'all! It's crazy how many are from CA, since last week, I didnt meet anyone from CA xD

Also, the water on CC felt pretty nice to me, chilly, but you can get used to it! :) I just hope the Sea-Doo excursion isnt cancelled next time! :O

:welcome: cruiseman son of cantsitstill :wave2:

No definite plans yet, but DD wants to do a dolphin swim somewhere... not sure where yet. DH would like to see ruins at one of the ports. We've already seen the ones on Cozumel, so we might do that in Costa Maya. CC day will be beach day & snorkel (DH will go in the water no matter the temp) I would like to bike on CC. Haven't got to do that yet.

Dolphin swim would be fun. How were the ruins in Cozumel?

It's kind of funny how many ca ppl there are. Wish we were able to have more ships out here :-(

Dolphin swim would be fun. How were the ruins in Cozumel?

It's kind of funny how many ca ppl there are. Wish we were able to have more ships out here :-(

Here are a few pictures of the ruins we visited in Cozumel in October 2010

P1010321_zps244af658.jpg

P1010334_zpsdcbcde0d.jpg

P1010342_zps9447336c.jpg

P1010349_zps8a8efdc2.jpg

P1000488_zpsea13f812.jpg

P1000504_zpsccc7be7e.jpg

Anyone thought about Norovirus? Any reported breakouts on DCL lately? Just read about its prevalence in the winter and remembered that its called the 'winter vomiting virus'. We've never had it here in this house..thank goodness!

Thanks for the pics of the ruins! Looks awesome.

In terms of noro...I haven't thought about it any more than any other time I travel. My attack against noro is great hand hygiene :-) I also boost up on vitamins when I travel (emergen-c, or airborne) and wipe down the stateroom and airplane tray table with Clorox wipes to ensure a fresh clean bad germ free surface. The best thing to combat noro is hand hygiene though... Before eating, before going through the buffet and immediately free touching all those spoons! After the bathroom, and any other time you touch a railing a bar, etc. that hand sanitizer gel will be my bet friend...(how prominent are those gels on DCL?) are they just at the dining locations, or are they in the elevators etc?

Been thinking about booking concierge again because I've decided I want a cabana. I hear they are almost impossible to get after 120 days. Anyone booking concierge?

Disneylandfanatic said:
Just out of curiosity... How much is a cabana?

Looks like the ones on the adult beach are $399 and the ones on the family beach are $499.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter