January 4, 2014 Fantasy, Trust, and Pixie Dust!

Since it seems that there is interest in having a facebook group, I went ahead and created one. I kept it a closed group, that way only members can see posts etc. (might be a little more private in terms of stateroom number information etc.)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/337544743022863/

let me know if this link works and request to join the group!

I just requested to join the group (Bonnie Green). Thank you. I am not interested in doing the FE, but my son and daughter-in-law are interested. I will relay the info to them since I'm the one who stays on top of things as I have the time to do so. It will be great to "meet" everyone on FB.

I am planning so far out too because I really don't have anything to plan in between! I haven't looked too much into wdw hotels but I am thinking a value resort maybe the art of animation!!! It will depend on the deals that they have going on when we book... I not sure which will be more cost effective... Buy a park hopper or upgrade my premium Disneyland ap to a premier.. I will decide on that once we decide how many days we will be at wdw.

We're booked at the Art of Animation Finding Nemo Suite. Heard a lot of good things about it.

We took a Fantasy Eastern Carribean cruise a couple weeks ago and loved the ship so much we booked this cruise!! (Had been on the classic ships several times, first time on the Dream Class). I have done a quick scan for FE information on this and noticed a bit. How is this being handled?? On our last cruise we had a Facebook group set up as well as someone had made a google doc that we could enter our information into. Made it super easy to keep track of, and then created an even easier list since our FE groups were split. Is there anything like this set up for this cruise? If not I think I still have access to the one used for our last group that I could copy over and we could use (not stepping on anyones toes if they have already volunteered :))

here is a link to the spreadsheet that we used on my last crusie for FE.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhtS_VzkxTPYdGRpMzRxUHhnbVkzUU92bW9sWEVnWUE&usp=sharing (You will have to ask for access). If this is something that the groups wants to do then we should somehow add the link and the link to the facebook group to the first post.

I just requested access to the google doc, as well as updated my very first post of this thread to include the facebook group link.

Just out of curiosity, did anyone else book through DU? and will you be using them to book WDW as well? Anyone planning on going to the DU welcome center?

I just requested access to the google doc, as well as updated my very first post of this thread to include the facebook group link.

Just out of curiosity, did anyone else book through DU? and will you be using them to book WDW as well? Anyone planning on going to the DU welcome center?

I booked through Small World Vacations. What do they do at the DU center?

I booked through Small World, also.

Ha ha I have no clue what they do at the welcome center.... That's why I am slightly curious what the point of stopping by would be. This is my first time using a TA though and so far I am very happy, she is great.

I am thinking about doing the fish extender thingy, what do people generally gift?

I have read a lot of the posts, i just dont want to be "that guy" that goes either overboard, or does junky stuff.

Pikezh638 said:
I am thinking about doing the fish extender thingy, what do people generally gift?

I have read a lot of the posts, i just dont want to be "that guy" that goes either overboard, or does junky stuff.

People do all kinds of stuff. Some make stuff and some buy. If you go to a search engine and put: 'disboards fish extender gifts' you will see posts about it. If you put this search in google images lots of good pics will come up.

I booked Old Key West 12/30-1/3 the other day. I would really like to find a house on the beach instead right after Christmas. Tho it will be my 60th birthday, New Years Eve at WDW sounds like a nightmare after Christmas!!

I requested to join the FB group.

It is currently -0.1 degrees F. Good thing I am leaving for 5 nights on the Wonder in 10 days, otherwise 11 months would be too long to wait. I will report back on our shore excursions in Cozumel and Grand Cayman. AND all the tasting I plan to do.

Stay warm everyone and dream of sunshine and beaches.

Karyn

Kabuli1 said:
I booked Old Key West 12/30-1/3 the other day. I would really like to find a house on the beach instead right after Christmas. Tho it will be my 60th birthday, New Years Eve at WDW sounds like a nightmare after Christmas!!

It is currently -0.1 degrees F. Good thing I am leaving for 5 nights on the Wonder in 10 days, otherwise 11 months would be too long to wait. I will report back on our shore excursions in Cozumel and Grand Cayman. AND all the tasting I plan to do.

Karyn

I own at Aulani so I have to wait until the 7th month mark to book. I'm thinking 2-3 nights. Starting the 1st or 2nd. Probably the 2nd because I don't know if I want to travel on NYD. I want an EPCOT resort but I think those will be hard to get.

Karyn

We're flying in NYE day. We wanted the excitement of WDW and Downtown Disney NYE. And that gives us 3 full days to visit 3 parks before the cruise. We know it will be crazy, but we have no choice. Can't do it after because of school for Elizabeth.

Luv - you will find it difficult to book in the Epcot area at seven months. Usually it clears out some on NYD but with the weekend two days away I think it will be tougher next year. Even OKW is tough at 7 months. I would love love love to get Boardwalk, but think I will have to be content with OKW.

Bonnie - What goes on at DD on NYE? Maybe we can head over there instead of a park.

I am planning to spend a few days with my family - kids and spouses before the cruise which is why we are talking about a beach place. one DS and DDIL are teachers that have to be back in school on 1/2.

Luv - you will find it difficult to book in the Epcot area at seven months. Usually it clears out some on NYD but with the weekend two days away I think it will be tougher next year. Even OKW is tough at 7 months. I would love love love to get Boardwalk, but think I will have to be content with OKW.

Bonnie - What goes on at DD on NYE? Maybe we can head over there instead of a park.

I am planning to spend a few days with my family - kids and spouses before the cruise which is why we are talking about a beach place. one DS and DDIL are teachers that have to be back in school on 1/2.

From what I read there are some game places that cost to enter. The stores do stay open. We're planning on an early dinner (currently thinking of T-Rex on our dining plan) and just walk around. We did read somewhere that there are fireworks, too. We're coming in from the West coast so we think we'll be able to stay up til midnight (body time 9pm)!

Kabuli1 said:

What might be available at 7 mos?

Luv2 - call right at 7 months and grab whatever you can - most likely Saratoga maybe OKW, but you might get AKL. you could do a wait list for an Epcot resort. If we decide to stay at WDW instead of the beach somewhere, that's what i will do.

Thanks for the info, Bonnie! I guess I could have just asked my DD since she lives there and works at WDW (AKL).

Karyn

Luv2 - call right at 7 months and grab whatever you can - most likely Saratoga maybe OKW, but you might get AKL. you could do a wait list for an Epcot resort. If we decide to stay at WDW instead of the beach somewhere, that's what i will do.

Thanks for the info, Bonnie! I guess I could have just asked my DD since she lives there and works at WDW (AKL).

Karyn

Which of those 3 is closest to Hollywood Studios?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter