January 26, 2002 Magic Cruisers!!!!!!!!!

Okay...were not getting too many ideas...so...

How about:

DIS Meet
4:30 pm-ish
Starboard (right, closest to the terminal)
Deck 10, overlooking Goofy Pool (you can see your kids from this area if they want to be at the pool!)

Wear lime green ribbons or a name badge or even better, post a pic here in this thread so at least a few of us can recognize each other.

Here's who we are so far: (please correct me if I am wrong)

funetics (Nicole), DH, DD
Lisa7mike, DH, DD, DD
ktharris (Kathy), DH, DD, DS
badger5 (Patty), DH, DS, DS, DD
Alihall (Alison), DH, DS, DD
CyndiRae1, DF, DS, DS
krerd, DH
redpants, DH, DS
momofjenna, DH, DD
sjedelen, DW, DS
eeyorefreak (Shannon), DH, possibly DF, DM, DFIL, DMIL
Fishbone, DF
fl, DW, DD
Timon (Cass), DH

How many of us are arriving the day/night before? Where are you staying, how are you getting there, what kind of rates and how did you get them? I am looking for ideas and input!!

Thanks,
Kathy

Timon,

The meet sounds good to me....anything sounds good to me....I'm sailing on the Magic!! LOL

Kathy

Kathy,

LOL, I know what you mean! This cruise is my dream come true! I am SO EXCITED!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

We are arriving the Saturday before to spend a week in WDW before the cruise.

60 more days!!!!!!!!!

We are flying in the Thursday before the cruise to Orlando, renting a car from Avis, and staying at the Radisson. We are planning on going to the Kennedy Space Center on Friday, then off to the Carribean on Saturday. Can't wait!!

Patty

Kathy--We're flying in on the Friday and staying whereever disney gives us:D We think (based on these boards) It will be the Hyatt, then using Disney transfers to get to port.

Cass--the meet time sounds great!!!! Thanks for the info on the lime green:D

We make our final payment on Friday, looking very forward to it!!!

Nicole

We were supposed to post a picture of us, so here is one of us
Me (Nicole), DH (Tim) and DD (Alyssa)
funetics.jpg

We're in for the 26th too, Me and MY Husband and our Daughter who will be celebrating her 4th Birthday on the 30th! Will be very nice meeting you all!

Sincerely,

Hi Everyone -

This is my very first post on this forum. We will be joining you on the Disney Magic 1/26/02 Cruise - Me (38), my DH (38) and our DD (will be 4 on 2/16). We are looking forward to kicking back and relaxing and are also hoping our DD loves the kiddie club. Look forward to meeting all of you. Merry Christmas everyone! :bounce:

NJPhyl & mariane98 our DD are all very close to the same age. Our DD Alyssa will be 3 for the cruise(it's actually for her birthday) I hope you saw the posting about our meet time on the Saturday!! Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

I have seen that some people for the Jan 19 sailing have got their documents, I wonder if ours will be coming soon:rolleyes:
Nicole

Hello I and my dd(8) will be there we get into Orlando at 1am not sure how we are getting to port yet .coming from at this moment a freezing cold, wet S. Calif . Since I am sure my child will want to stay in kids club more then with me I will love to meet up with some other Dis people .

Me (39) and my kiddo (11) will be taking our 2nd Disney cruise (1st 7-day cruise!) on Jan 26th. We did the Land/Sea package last year (4 nighs at WDW & 3 nights on the Wonder). I worried last year that as a single mom I'd be surrounded by the more traditional families (mom, dad & kids) but I ran into a few (very few) single parents.

We're on Deck 6.

Any tips on how to handle the school's administration group when I tell them I am pulling my son out of school for a week? I did it last year and they gave me a very bad time!

LisaTxUsa - welcome to the DIS boards - glad to see that the link I gave you worked okay. I am not on this cruise with you though:( . You're question about how to approach the school administration is a very good question. May I suggest that you start a seperate thread on that topic to help you get a better variety of ideas.

Add us to the list. We are a group of 8, MIL, FIL, me (Diana) 36, DH (Toby) 36, DS (Brian) 14, DD (Ashley) 13, DS (Alex) 11, cousin (Tyler) 10.

This is our second Disney cruise and can not wait. The cousin we are bringing has never been to Disney and never on a cruise!! I am excited for him especially.

Diana

I have had someone else ask me how I got the picture here on the website and I had someone help me do it. The person who helped me did a great job and I was just wondering if they could write down all the steps, so everyone else could do it too. Thanks
Nicole

Well, I guess that's me :)

The picture has to be uploaded to a server before you can look at it. Thanks to Pete, everyone on the DIS can create their own web pages right here at the DIS! You must upload your picture and then your image will have an address (For example: www.wdwinfo.com/cassandtimon.jpg) It's pretty easy once you register your name...just follow the directions.

Then when you post here, click the IMG button and type in that address.

If you have NO CLUE as to what I was just mumbling about yet you want to include a pic of yourself for the Jan 26th cruise post, just e-mail me the picture and I will upload it for you onto the DIS server and you can post it!

:D

Alihall ... I have an 11 yr old son (he'll be 12 in a few months) .. he'll be looking for somebody to pal around with ! So will I, for that matter !! Any other single moms on the cruise ?? :earseek:

That's great. My son's in seventh grade but not into the teen scene yet. Still likes video/computer games, legos and goofing around-pool and stuff-not much into sports. His e-mail is dhall2@twcny.rr.com. He's just starting to get interested in this "cruise thing."

I've read with interest your posts on getting out of school. We never had a problem in elementary, but now that he's in middle school I'm worried about the response. We plan to fill his teachers in right after the holiday break.

Timon, I'll try the web page thing today, I hope it works.
Thanks for your input.:bounce:

Alison, sounds like our sons have alot in common. I'll have my son email yours .. right after he finds out we're going ! He doesn't know yet :) It's a surprise for Christmas. Last year I woke him up the morning we left ... he really didn't believe we were doing it until he got on the plane to Orlando !!

Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter