JANUARY 2013, Who Else is Going?

Hey all! I just got back from our best DL trip we've ever taken (Sep 1-8) at the GCH. Because of our long dates there we bought AP's so we are going again in January when there aren't blackout dates:)

We are going Jan 10-13 at the GCH
Myself, DH, DS 11 and DD 7.

Hey all! I just got back from our best DL trip we've ever taken (Sep 1-8) at the GCH. Because of our long dates there we bought AP's so we are going again in January when there aren't blackout dates:)

We are going Jan 10-13 at the GCH
Myself, DH, DS 11 and DD 7.

So jealous! I love seeing people who like Disney as much as I do. We don't get to go with your frequency (only one trip per ~2 years for us), but maybe one day I'll get to that trip rate. That is awesome.

So jealous! 2 Disney trips and a Disney Cruise in 2012 and going in January 2013, including 10 nights at the GCH. That is awesome.

It's been an AWESOME year:)

We had a 16 day trip in March/April which was so amazing. 5 days in Hawaii (we got married!- and visited Aulani which we loved), then 2 nights in VGC, 7 night Disney cruise and a night at PPH. Trip report in my sig.

Then 7 nights in GCH a couple weeks ago (our most amazing Disney trip yet- I am planning to write a trip report for that one this week!).

Our Jan trip is just to get use out of our AP's. I am bummed about only 3 nights (4 days) though. After 7 nights/8 days it will be hard to spend so little time in DL!

Our April trip is to Aulani (4 nights) and then to the North Shore where we stayed earlier this year (Ke Iki beach bungalows) for 4 nights.

We will prob try for another quick DL weekend trip in the summer too to get use of our AP's (they are unblocked the 3rd weekend in Aug...).

Yay for a year filled with so much Disney goodness! We have been blessed. We even did our family photos there a cpl weeks ago :) http://sarinalove.com/2012/09/disneyland-family-session/

We are planning a trip for Jan 6-10, staying at HoJo's. Someone asked about when CA schools go back. It varies, but we are in Central CA and go back Jan 14th. We've made a few trips the week after the Disneyland Christmas season ends. The hours are limited, but the weather is usually nice and HoJo usually has discounts that week. Otherwise I'd prob go right after New Years when the parks still have extended hours and shows available.

Well, I think I'm booking PPH today for Jan. 26-30. It's my first time staying on property since the early 80s!! First time ever for my girls. I can't wait!

Question- I was planning to book through Costco for the free character dining offer. Anyone know of any other deals? Experience booking through Costco? Should I book online, or is it better to call? Last question, I swear....should I book standard room and ask for an upgrade when I get there or go ahead and book upgraded now?

We'll be there 1/12/13 thru 1/18/13....staying at VGC....our first trip to DL...after many, many trips to WDW...taking our 11 yr old gs with us!

I'm surprising my kids (DS 5 & DD almost 3) with a trip to DLR January 8-15. It will be 3 surprises in one: flying in an airplane (we live in FL), going to DLR (My DS LOVES Cars) and seeing their grandparents who are coming down from Oregon. Current plan is to stay at the Staybridge Suites.

So, we're already listed for the beginning of January for a nice long trip and it's our family's Christmas vacation. :santa:

We're ALSO going to go for the long weekend. It's my BIRTHDAY (on the 18th)! :cake: The dates are Jan 18-21 and we'll be at HoJo's. It will be fun to go so shortly after and see DL in its "normal' non-Christmas state.

We start on 31 Dec, but will be there through the 5th at Paradise Pier. Everything I have read so far says it gets pretty dead for a few days after the 1st, so hoping for good crowds.

We start on 31 Dec, but will be there through the 5th at Paradise Pier. Everything I have read so far says it gets pretty dead for a few days after the 1st, so hoping for good crowds.

I think this year might be slightly different for crowds since the 1st falls on a Tuesday and many schools aren't returning until the 7th. I'm a hope for the best, expect the worst kind of girl. :)

Also, for anyone flying Southwest, double check your flight prices. Mine went down again! WOOT!

I think this year might be slightly different for crowds since the 1st falls on a Tuesday and many schools aren't returning until the 7th. I'm a hope for the best, expect the worst kind of girl. :)

Also, for anyone flying Southwest, double check your flight prices. Mine went down again! WOOT!

Jetblue went down too! I have a $90 credit that I can use when I book my trip to visit my son after bootcamp. ::yes::

When we went the first week in January in 2009 it was very quiet. However, I remember there were days that we took the kids out of school for that.

I think this year might be slightly different for crowds since the 1st falls on a Tuesday and many schools aren't returning until the 7th.

Our kids don't go back to school until the 8th this year. So... while it will probably be less crowded than the week between Christmas and New Year's (one of the, if not THE most crowded weeks of the year) it most certainly will not be "dead". Be prepared. ;)

We'll be there from Dec 28-Jan 7. :)

I'm trying to decide which long weekend to go next year.

First weekend (1/4), probably VERY busy, but Christmas is on!

Second weekend (1/11), probably the best crowdwise, but now I am reading many schools out to the 14th.

Third weekend (1/18), MLK weekend. I've done this and noticed the increase of crowds, usually like the weekend before better.

Four weekend (1/25), NAMM. Increased crowds and hotel rooms at a premium.

Right now I'm booked for the 11th weekend. I would love to hear other posters thoughts on a good weekend.

Add me to the list! When Southwest posted their 40% off sale this past week, the wheels started turning in my head. I thought a long weekend somewhere warm (or at least warmer...we live in Wisconsin!) in the winter would be wonderful. Plus, my husband and I each had $60+ vouchers on SWA to burn up.

With our vouchers, we got R/T between Milwaukee and SNA for $120 each. Plus, I have been traveling for work since April, so I have some free National car rental days and some Hilton points to use.

I thought long and hard about what weekend to go, and I picked 1/23-1/28. I thought it'd be better to go the weekend AFTER MLK day rather than before. However, after finding this blog...there is something called NLMM? Is this a conference or something? Any thoughts on if this just has an impact primarily on hotels or if it also has affected park attendance in the past?

We will have 4 full days in sunny California and we plan on doing Disneyland one day, DCA another day, a rest/sightseeing day, and a day at Hollywood Universal (we want to see the Transformers ride).

I can't wait to start planning! In the past year I have planned trips to Disneyland Paris this past May, our honeymoon trip to WDW in Sept...and now our Disneyland trip.

I'm trying to decide which long weekend to go next year.

First weekend (1/4), probably VERY busy, but Christmas is on!

Second weekend (1/11), probably the best crowdwise, but now I am reading many schools out to the 14th.

Third weekend (1/18), MLK weekend. I've done this and noticed the increase of crowds, usually like the weekend before better.

Four weekend (1/25), NAMM. Increased crowds and hotel rooms at a premium.

Right now I'm booked for the 11th weekend. I would love to hear other posters thoughts on a good weekend.

When does the Half Marathon fit into that schedule?

We've always been there for the end of the month (around my birthday which is on the 30th) and we've loved it.

Add me to the list! When Southwest posted their 40% off sale this past week, the wheels started turning in my head. I thought a long weekend somewhere warm (or at least warmer...we live in Wisconsin!) in the winter would be wonderful. Plus, my husband and I each had $60+ vouchers on SWA to burn up.

With our vouchers, we got R/T between Milwaukee and SNA for $120 each. Plus, I have been traveling for work since April, so I have some free National car rental days and some Hilton points to use.

I thought long and hard about what weekend to go, and I picked 1/23-1/28. I thought it'd be better to go the weekend AFTER MLK day rather than before. However, after finding this blog...there is something called NLMM? Is this a conference or something? Any thoughts on if this just has an impact primarily on hotels or if it also has affected park attendance in the past?

We will have 4 full days in sunny California and we plan on doing Disneyland one day, DCA another day, a rest/sightseeing day, and a day at Hollywood Universal (we want to see the Transformers ride).

I can't wait to start planning! In the past year I have planned trips to Disneyland Paris this past May, our honeymoon trip to WDW in Sept...and now our Disneyland trip.

The NAMM Show (http://www.namm.org/thenammshow/2013) can make hotel rooms very pricey, but the one year we vacationed during it, we didn't see a huge bump in park crowds.

Is this your first trip to Disneyland, Badgergirl?

Can we get the discount convention tickets during that time like people did for gay days? I know a few people who took advantage of that.

NAMM isn't open to the public, so I doubt discounts are available unless you are a member (music retailer).

I noticed rooms are at a premium that weekend. Rates are almost double in some places. I noticed more crowds in Downtown Disney, etc. The parks didn't seem as busy though.

I did call the YES program and it seems classes will be NAMM weekend, so that might be an option for discount tickets.

We decided to go the 1st to the 5th. The kids don't need to be taken out if school. We can enjoy the decorations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter