January 2013 Discounts

Discussion in 'Disney Discount Codes and Rates' started by Grumpy Grandma, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Giselle22

Giselle22 Mouseketeer

aaahhhh I'm so frustrated! I had been checking this board daily waiting for word of discounts, but over the last couple weeks I've been busy and haven't been checking, assuming that if a DV discount were offered I would get an email about it from Disney Visa...but wrong!! So I just found out today about the DV discount, and now I can't call to apply it since the reservations systems are STILL down! :( Totally bummed that now it looks like I will have to wait until tomorrow when it's released for GP as well...and have to get up at 4am to call since I'm in Cali :( totally kicking myself now for not paying attention to Dis!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. 1mama2three

1mama2three Mouseketeer

I just called (at 6pm here in IL) to ask some questions about my reservation...it seems that everything is up and running now. :)

4. Giselle22

Giselle22 Mouseketeer

ooh really? thanks, I will try calling! I've just looked online and the website still says everything is down. Fingers crossed! :thumbsup2

5. gabyta

gabyta Mouseketeer

What happens if I buy the actual package and they decide to release FD? Is there anyway to change promotions?

6. reking96

reking96 Mouseketeer

OK. So I have had my packaged booked since August.

2 Adults
    01/26 - 02/01 @ Beach Club
    DxDDp
    Park Hopper tickets

Since I have my trip booked already, will any of the discounts apply to my trip?

TIA.

7. AB6876

AB6876 Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if I already have a room booked through run Disney, is there a way to apply the package or room only discount? Do I have to call run Disney tomorrow or should I call general reservations?

8. Giselle22

Giselle22 Mouseketeer

Got in and got my discounts! :woohoo: I have 3 rooms booked at POR for 2 adults each; rack rate was $1410 and with DV RO discount came down to $998 each, so a savings of 30%. Very happy with that :thumbsup2 Good luck to everyone else!

9. erinkpoole

erinkpoole Mouseketeer

Yes, you have to call the reservation number and apply the Disney Visa discount to your trip. I would think that the room only discount might be best for your trip, 30-35% off. If you don't have a Disney Visa, you can call tomorrow at 7 am to apply the general public discount which should be the same!

10. reking96

reking96 Mouseketeer

Thanks so much. I was thinking the same thing, but then wasn't sure if the RO discount would apply because I have an entire package booked. Thanks again.:)

11. minniebeth

minniebeth <font color=green>I count on y'all to keep me up t

Unfortunately, I don't think you can. RunDisney is offering its own "discount" package therefore not eligible to apply another discount toward it. Like I said, I'm pretty sure you can't but it never hurts to ask. Another option is to cancel your existing RunDisney package and rebook with another offer if it ends up being a better deal.
    Call RunDisney... If you booked thru them general reservations won't be able to pull your reservation up since its supposedly done under a different system. (At least that's our experiences with booking quite a few packages with them.)
    Just know they have different business hours than general reservations.

12. AB6876

AB6876 Mouseketeer

Thanks. I think I will try. The rate of the room does not appear to be any less than rack rate. So I am hoping for a better one! Thanks again....

13. steves1019

steves1019 Mouseketeer

I don't think there is really any RunDisney discount. At least when I first booked it didn't seem like a discount. I would just call and try and book with the RO discount then call RunDisney and cancel that reservation. If you wait until RunDisney takes your call you're letting other folks beat you to the punch. Good Luck!

14. steves1019

steves1019 Mouseketeer

Just heads up that for me USAir and AirTran fares were very low today. I booked months ago, US Air charges a change fee so it wasn't worth it to switch. But AirTran gave me a travel voucher for future travel. I'm going Philly to Orlando for both airlines, different dates.

15. Lori-n-NY

Lori-n-NY Owner of Saratoga Springs Resort

Is the a code for the RO general public discount that hopefully will be released in the morning?

16. minniebeth

I think this is a good strategy, actually!

RunDisney "packages" are kind of quirky. True, it seems at times, there's not much of a discount at all. We just did the Tower of Terror 10 Miler and actually got a *really* good package (room and tickets) with them and I couldn't beat it no matter what other discount was offered for that time.
    It just shows you that you need to continue to keep your eye open for the best discounts and be willing to shuffle reservations around sometimes. It's worth it for the savings!

Good luck, AB6876!

17. AB6876

AB6876 Mouseketeer

Thanks!! I will be calling in the AM !!

18. jgates

jgates <font color=teal>Must vow NEVER to toggle the tags

OK - without hunting for half an hour - what is the number for room bookings? I know the dining # without even thinking about it!!!

Thanks!

Never mind - got it.

19. awelch25

awelch25 Earning My Ears

Does anyone know what time tomorrow the discounts will be posted?? I can hardly wait and sleeping will be tough, lol!!

20. 1mama2three

1mama2three Mouseketeer

I'm glad to hear that it all worked out for you! :cool1:

21. minniebeth

I wanted to get up early, but not this early!
    Wishing pixie dust for everyone to get the discounts that work for them if you are trying today or during this promotion!pixiedust: