January 2013 car rental

So I finally broke down and rented from Payless Car Rental today. Didn't want to rent from them since you have to take a shuttle. I've rented from them before .... pushy trying to get you to upgrade but I just keep saying no.

Here's what I got using my perks account (5% off) and discount code CYBER26 (15% off which expires tomorrow).

Jan 13th - 19th mid-size $87.65 including all taxes and fees

Jan 19th - 26th mid-size $102.32 including all taxes and fees

I had to do separate rentals since it will be 2 different drivers.

I really wish Alamo or National would drop their rates but at least now I have something. :thumbsup2

I am getting over $800 for a minivan for 9 days with Alamo on the Costco site. What am I doing wrong? :sad:

Try Budget using travelocity code x474200 and e-coupon MUPZ044 for $40 off. I get $375 inc taxes after $40 e-coupon is applied when return minvan for 9 days.

I was just checking rates for our January trip and found quite a savings using the Car Care Center with Alamo as opposed to picking up at the airport. Which is strange since the airport has always been cheaper for me in the past

Here are my rates using just my Insider Club (free to all) discount (no coupons):

Jan 1-12 Economy-Size Car
- Airport (pickup and drop off) - $667 w. taxes
- Car Care Center (pickup and drop off) - $433 w. taxes
- Car Care Center (pickup) and Airport (drop off) $352 w taxes

I just priced economy, but other car sizes were also heavily discounted on property. Still too expensive for me as I have a much lower rate I got months ago, but best prices I've seen with Alamo in the last month. Hopefully this helps someone.

That makes a BIG difference in rates (over period Jan 10-15)when I checked for pickup at CCC, Swan/Dolphin or Shades of Green (who even knew there was an Alamo desk there?) and dropoff at MCO.

My current Dollar deal still beats it (it was a freaky 1 day find), so I'll still keep it. But I hope this bodes well for rates at MCO to come down.

Just got a standard car with Alamo for $140 including taxes and fee's for Jan 15-19 picking up at MCO dropping off at FLL. Previous best was $246 for the same dates and locations but the cheapest car class was a mid size SUV.

I used the Costco ID and Costco free upgrade coupon.

Shayne

WeLuvTink! said:
I was just checking rates for our January trip and found quite a savings using the Car Care Center with Alamo as opposed to picking up at the airport. Which is strange since the airport has always been cheaper for me in the past

Here are my rates using just my Insider Club (free to all) discount (no coupons):

Jan 1-12 Economy-Size Car
- Airport (pickup and drop off) - $667 w. taxes
- Car Care Center (pickup and drop off) - $433 w. taxes
- Car Care Center (pickup) and Airport (drop off) $352 w taxes

I just priced economy, but other car sizes were also heavily discounted on property. Still too expensive for me as I have a much lower rate I got months ago, but best prices I've seen with Alamo in the last month. Hopefully this helps someone.

Thank you! I'll need a car for almost the same dates! Jan 2-13

Anyone having any luck for the week of January 20th? I need a full-size, Jan 20-28th. The quote I am getting for a full-size from Alamo is almost $600 :rotfl:

The only thing I have seen is $20 off a five day rental through National. Hopefully, Santa will be bringing me an Entertainment Book. :)

Anyone having any luck for the week of January 20th? I need a full-size, Jan 20-28th. The quote I am getting for a full-size from Alamo is almost $600 :rotfl:

You may want to check Alamo using Costco ID 7014627 and E-Coupon AD2338FDF for $30 off. Total for a Premium is $301 inc taxes. If you are not a costco member you can use CARSLAND for the ID and same e-coupon for total $327.

Looking for a National coupon for January too!

Sign up for a KLM frequent flier number and you get access to their "Partner" contract codes for National. It's a significant discount that also includes: Full loss damage waiver and supplemental liability insurance.

Good looking out for that KLM discount, best rate so far! Though I think it will probably go down between now and then, our trip is Jan 4 - 13th. We will see.

BTW When I signed up for KLM it asked what country I was from, and I selected United States, it was an option in its pull down. So it knows I am from the US.

Jennifer

Good looking out for that KLM discount, best rate so far! Though I think it will probably go down between now and then, our trip is Jan 4 - 13th. We will see.

BTW When I signed up for KLM it asked what country I was from, and I selected United States, it was an option in its pull down. So it knows I am from the US.

Jennifer

I have used the code in June and November without a problem.

I noticed that Alamo's rates for our dates (Jan 12 - Jan 19) have come way down. Using the Entertainment code, the $25 off coupon, and logged in as an Insider, a standard SUV (the cheapest size) for our trip is $256 total. A few days ago, with the same coupons/codes, a midsize SUV was over $450. Try looking again at your dates!

I noticed that Alamo's rates for our dates (Jan 12 - Jan 19) have come way down. Using the Entertainment code, the $25 off coupon, and logged in as an Insider, a standard SUV (the cheapest size) for our trip is $256 total. A few days ago, with the same coupons/codes, a midsize SUV was over $450. Try looking again at your dates!

Would you mind terribly running my dates with your Entertainment code and tell me what it comes up as? Pick up January 3 and drop off January 9. I'm not asking you to give me the code, I'm just debating if it would be worth it to buy a book. If you don't want to or can't, I totally understand.

Would you mind terribly running my dates with your Entertainment code and tell me what it comes up as? Pick up January 3 and drop off January 9. I'm not asking you to give me the code, I'm just debating if it would be worth it to buy a book. If you don't want to or can't, I totally understand.

No problem at all! What time do you arrive/depart? What size do you need?

I checked Alamo using noon pick up and noon return. Using the entertainment code and a free day coupon, a compact is $367. Using a double upgrade coupon will get you a standard (up from the compact) for $434. With the $25 off coupon, a standard suv (the coupon's for convertible, suv, or minivan) is $555.

Let me know your specifics and I can get you a better answer. Or if you'd like me to check another company.

Alamo has dropped several times over the past few days for my dates. Jan 23 @ 4P to Feb. 2 @10A. Right now I have a standard for 10 days for a total of $223. That's pretty good. However, National, (My preferred choice) is double that.

Alamo has dropped several times over the past few days for my dates. Jan 23 @ 4P to Feb. 2 @10A. Right now I have a standard for 10 days for a total of $223. That's pretty good. However, National, (My preferred choice) is double that.

Are you using any codes?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter