January 2009. . . Calling all Snowbirds ~ Part V

Discussion in 'Countdowns and Live Reports' started by Momof2Disneyboys, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Momof2Disneyboys

Momof2Disneyboys DIS Veteran

:rotfl2: We would never ditch you!!!

Have a safe and magical trip!! :cool1:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. coffeehousemom

coffeehousemom Mouseketeer

momto2princecharmings Keep your chin up hope for the best. Does Keton have a special Lovie? If so take it with you or even better maybe he can go to the store & get a new stuffed animal or something for being such a "big boy". That's what I do with my little guy when they need to do blood work. Baby goes with us plus we get a new toy.

Well I have the day off so its off to run errands & take the dog to the vet. He has a bad rash on his back & wont stop chewing & scratching.

Wasn't there something listed that you can use your $200 gift card for anything at the parks? I hope so cause I plan on using it for paying for our food.

4. Momof2Disneyboys

We will be praying for you and your little guy. :hug:

5. Pluto_fan

Pluto_fan DIS Veteran

Good morning Snowbirds! :cool1: :cool1: :banana: :banana:

:lmao: :lmao:
    I need to learn to multi-task like that! :thumbsup2

Speaking of Disney dreams...Tammy, I just love that Disney-dreaming smiley in your signature! Where did you find that?

I got the boys the "Guide to the Magic for Kids" for Christmas. It's neat! As I recall, it arrived more quickly than I expected. :goodvibes

Big hugs and best wishes to Keaton...and you too! :grouphug: :grouphug: Keep us posted on how he's doing.

It sounds like I missed out on a lot of t-shirt discussion toward the end of Part IV...I guess I'll have to go back and read up! :surfweb: Or at least skim through and look at the pictures. ;) But I really shouldn't add another project to my to-do list... :rolleyes1

Overthemoon, crzyred, and everyone else leaving in the next few days...have a safe and magical trip! pixiedust: We can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!

6. jenjolt

jenjolt Loves All Things Disney!

I will definitely be keeping Keaton in my prayers!!!

I brought my transfers to print at work today (because I have a better printer at work) and of course I forget to put the images on my flash drive. Oh well I'll do it tomorrow LOL!! Today I need to try and not to forget to make my mousekeeping envelopes LOL!! Another thing to try and figure out LOL!!!!!

Oh well GUESS WHAT TODAY IS!!!!!

:banana: :banana: SINGLE DIGIT DANCE DAY!!!!! Today I am 9 days away from Disney!!!:banana: :banana:

7. Disney Mommy 3

Disney Mommy 3 DIS Veteran

Hello all! Well those tylenol pms really did the trick! I got up later than usualy--but headache free!! WOW! I could be their poster girl!! ha!!
    so, it's back to school this a.m. for me. Got my oldest son and my dd new shoe yesterday! They def. had grown some--so that's one thing down & about 25 to go!!!!Hope you all have a wonderful day--we are cold and raining here.

8. Momof2Disneyboys

Detailed ten-day forecast

Today
    Jan 06
    Details Clear
    Hi: 82° Lo: 64°
    Day: Sunny skies. High 82F, humidity 55%. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph.
    Night: Clear skies. Low 64F.

Tomorrow
    Jan 07
    Details Showers
    Hi: 75° Lo: 49°
    Day: Likely moderate rain showers with slight chance of thunder. High 75F, humidity 65%. Winds SW at 15 to 20 mph.
    Night: Clear skies. Low 49F.

Thursday
    Jan 08 Clear
    Hi: 69° Lo: 48°
    Sunny skies. High 69F and low 48F. Winds W at 10 to 15 mph.

Friday
    Jan 09 Clear
    Hi: 72° Lo: 47°
    Sunny skies. High 72F and low 47F. Winds light.

Saturday
    Jan 10 Clear
    Hi: 74° Lo: 53°
    Sunny skies. High 74F and low 53F. Winds light.

Sunday
    Jan 11 Clear
    Hi: 73° Lo: 53°
    Mostly clear skies. High 73F and low 53F.

Monday
    Jan 12 Partly Cloudy
    Hi: 66° Lo: 53°
    Cloudy with showers. High 66F and low 53F.

Tuesday
    Jan 13 Fair
    Hi: 62° Lo: 42°
    Sunny skies. High 62F and low 42F.

Wednesday
    Jan 14 Clear
    Hi: 65° Lo: 47°
    Sunny skies. High 65F and low 47F.

Thursday
    Jan 15 Fair
    Hi: 68° Lo: 47°
    Mostly clear skies. High 68F and low 47F.

9. Momof2Disneyboys

Two weeks from right now I will be arriving at the Orlando airport!!

:cool1: :woohoo: :cool1: :woohoo: :cool1: :woohoo: :cool1: :woohoo: :cool1: :woohoo: :cool1: :woohoo:

10. Mndisneygirl

Mndisneygirl DIS Veteran

I'll be keeping Keaton in my prayers! I'm sure it will be fine!:hug:

Carrie - I have this great image of you surrounded by t-shirts! I'll take your extras! I spent about two hours looking at Disigns last night. Then I tried to download and edit one - I don't know how to do that. I think I am going to contact one of the Disigners to do something for me.

Not sure if I should order the girls Tink mary janes because I'm worried they won't get here in time! I called my closest outlet - they don't have any. OH What to do?

Three weeks from now I will have enjoyed breakfast with Pooh and be riding at MK! :yay:
    I'm so glad we heard from Peanut that she is enjoying her trip! Best wishes and safe travels to those leaving today!

11. drakes

drakes DIS Veteran

Just a quick pop on as I check out some last minute FAQ's. DH is really into this journal we are orgianizing. hje finally is looking at my research binder! :surfweb: LOL

Count Down is On! DD is so excited, this is her second trip to the world and she is far more excited than her first trip.

Anyone have feedback for a 9 yo girl on mission space, she said she'd like to do the calm side after seeing the planning video- do you sit upright, and the seats shake??? I have never ridden? My 80 yo grandmother has, and she loved it... Feedback please.:confused:

12. jenjolt

Thank you for the update Shelly!! It seems like it is going to be a bit cool when I arrive at Disney. And yes I do find 68 to be a little cool LOL!!!!!! Oh well at least it looks like its going to sunny and no signs of rain (knocking on wood and keeping fingers crossed LOL)

13. Momof2Disneyboys

DS9 and I rode Mission Space for the very first time in May. We rode the less intense version. He loved it. It does shake and tilt, but it is nothing major. You do sit upright. My only problem was that I am a bit claustrophobic and I didn't care for being shut in there! He really wants to ride it again, but I'm not so sure!

14. trixiequilts

trixiequilts DIS Veteran

2 weeks from right now I'll be running around like a crazy person making sure EVERYTHING is packed! :laughing:

...and eating antacids by the handful...

15. jenjolt

I'm a much bigger fan of the calmer side and the only thing I'm missing is the G's I remember being knocked around and having most of the experience of the ride!! I always go on the green side LOL!!!!

16. jenjolt

Two weeks from now I'll be at Hollywood studios checking in for my lunch at 50s PTC WOOT and hopefully have a Fastpass for TSM to ride later in the day!!!!!:cool1:

17. Mndisneygirl

Mndisneygirl DIS Veteran

Jen- I have to say I'm a little bit jealous of your solo trip. I think I'd love to be able to do whatever I wanted, set my own schedule and eat wherever I want...I might be a bit lonely, but it's so nice that you have snowbird friends so you can meet up! (wish I could be there then too!) Will you be reporting live? When do you return - I can't wait to hear about it!! I'm guessing you get home before I leave, so you can tell me everything I need to know! I'm really excited for you! I can tell you will have a great time!

18. jenjolt

:hug: Sheree :hug: I will attempt to check in live a couple of nights when I call it an early night and head back to my room to relax!!! I have a ton of people to meet and I'm so not afraid to strike up a conversation with someone and I'm not afraid to have just a few moments of peace and enjoy the wonder and splendor of Disney!!!!! I return on the evening of the 21st and I hope to start my TR on the 22nd although I have no idea on a title yet LOL Thanks I'm so excited and I will definitely answer any questions you have.

I have to admit that I'm a bit jealous you're going on a cruise LOL!!!

19. Lil'Mermaid75

Lil'Mermaid75 DIS Veteran

:lmao: My son would LOVE a 1-1/2 hour bus ride!!! I, on the other hand, would not. But, the kids will be so excited about the trip, it'll fly by!!! On the way home, you can sleep (okay with 4 kids, maybe not, but it's wishful thinking)!

:banana: :banana: WHOOHOO!!! :banana: :banana: I hit double digits next week - while you're there!!

68 is a HEAT WAVE!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: Bring on the pool! :lmao:

20. jenjolt

It's 75 here today and I admit I might be able to swim in this weather...maybe LOL...however 68...that's cool and 47 when I would be swimming at night...umm NO THANK YOU!!! LOL :laughing: You Northern Loons can have the pool all to yourselves LOL

21. Lil'Mermaid75

Lil'Mermaid75 DIS Veteran

Ahhhh....admit it...you MISS being a Northern Loon! :lmao: