January 2009. . . Calling all Snowbirds ~ Part V

I had the same questions too! but I started in Oct so I had plently of time to screw up :lmao: So you get to learn from my mistakes :)

Sorry I haven't been in for a while...What type of T-shirt problems? If it's the Tye-dye shirt I had great luck with them and could help if you need any tips. Look at my little picture and my kids have on black and red Mickey tie-dye heads.

Hope I can help.:)

Good evening snowbirds, boy did i have a productive afternoon! I have my last load of laundry in the dryer as i type right now! I also have gotten a ton of stuff packed! I head back to work tomorrow, which i am actually excited about. I will be one day closer to WDW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I leave you people for 8 hours and you ditch me?!?!? :rotfl: PLUS up to page 5 already!?!?

Ok, Hello everyone!

Well we made an executive decision to drive down to Milwaukee tomorrow night. They are supposed to get some snow over night, and frankly, I just want to be down there so we don't have to deal with the driving and stuff.

Alright, I need to grab some dinner and finish up my last minute stuff!

I leave you people for 8 hours and you ditch me?!?!? :rotfl: PLUS up to page 5 already!?!?

Ok, Hello everyone!

Well we made an executive decision to drive down to Milwaukee tomorrow night. They are supposed to get some snow over night, and frankly, I just want to be down there so we don't have to deal with the driving and stuff.

Be Safe and have a great trip!!!

I just ordered our crocs and the "Guide to the Magic for Kids"! Yea! However, I knew I shouldn't have waited so long. I had to wait for the ok from my DH (I've been asking him about these for weeks!). They're currently doing a full inventory at crocs, so nothing can ship out until the 9th. But, they're giving free shipping because of that. It says it takes about 10 business days which puts me at the 22nd or 23rd!:scared1: We leave on the 24th! I'm keeping my fingers crossed they come quickly. Then, the book I ordered takes 1-2 weeks. I definately need it by the 24th. It's part of our surprise (I'll be discussing it in detail in my PTR!). At least they're ordered! Time is going by so quickly (a little too quickly sometimes!).

Ok, Hello everyone!

Shelli,
Smart move driving to Milwaukee. We are staying in the Howard Johnson's by the airport and doing the Park N Fly option. I think they quoted me $75.
I hope you have a smooth plane ride and a fabulous time in Disney! Can't wait to hear your reports when you get back:thumbsup2

Does anybody want to split on the photopass with me?? I will be able to make a copy of the CD and send it to you. Let me know :)
I am willing to share with you!!! I also will be in WDW the 20th to the 27th, but at Pop! Tell me what I have to do!

Since I hosted my DH's family's Xmas (all 45 of them) my house is really clean and I have ALL of my laundry caught up...which is a MAJOR deal for me! I was told this weekend that I normally have "piles" of stuff all over my house, but not anymore. I am trying to maintain my clean house. We are having a 17 year old girl stay at our house while we are in Florida. We have 3 dogs and a cat so it's easier to have her here rather than to board the animals. Plus she gets to spend a week away from her house. I also booked a Pampered Chef party when we return from WDW...so my house will have to stay clean until after that....I know, a bit crazy!:rolleyes:

Ok, Hello everyone!

I hope that you have a blast! Be safe driving. I can't wait to hear all about your trip.

Ok, Hello everyone!

I hope you have a great trip - be safe, and say hi to Mickey for me! We'll miss you! Can't wait to hear about your trip when you get back!

I've been quite forgetful lately, so I'm sorry if this question has been answered before. Can disney gift cards be used at the restaurants? I know that I should know the answer to this question, but I don't right now. Sorry! I know that I can depend on all of you! You're my most reliable source of WDW info!

I've been quite forgetful lately, so I'm sorry if this question has been answered before. Can disney gift cards be used at the restaurants? I know that I should know the answer to this question, but I don't right now. Sorry! I know that I can depend on all of you! You're my most reliable source of WDW info!

I think at the Disney restaurants but not ones like T-Rex or Rainforest.

Ok, Hello everyone!

Have an awesome trip Red! Give My Mickster a big hug for me and tell him I will be there in just 14 short days! :)

Does anybody want to split on the photopass with me?? I will be able to make a copy of the CD and send it to you. Let me know :)

Mel! I am so sorry! with everything going on I totally forgot about this! Can I still get in on this? please let me know! so sorry! :)

Geez ladies...page 5 of part 5 already!
~~Anyone heard if the sickies are still going around at WDW? I am terrified we are going to catch it.
I REALLY wish I hadn't heard about it b/c now it's all I'm worried about! I will be devastated if we end up sick at Disney!

Geez ladies...page 5 of part 5 already!

I REALLY wish I hadn't heard about it b/c now it's all I'm worried about! I will be devastated if we end up sick at Disney!

I'm worried too! Between everyone on here having something and then pretty much everyone at work has been sick, I'm terrified! I'm taking extra precautions....I WILL NOT BE SICK IN DISNEY!!!!!!!!!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes! I'll check in once more before we head out tomorrow night.

As for now, I'm off to bed. I have to work at 5am...BUT I'M GOING TO MICKEY'S HOUSE!!:banana:
(Are you sick of hearing me say things like this because I'm pretty sure everyone at work is!:rotfl: ...watch how much I care!)

I'm worried too! Between everyone on here having something and then pretty much everyone at work has been sick, I'm terrified! I'm taking extra precautions....I WILL NOT BE SICK IN DISNEY!!!!!!!!!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes! I'll check in once more before we head out tomorrow night.

As for now, I'm off to bed. I have to work at 5am...BUT I'M GOING TO MICKEY'S HOUSE!!:banana:
(Are you sick of hearing me say things like this because I'm pretty sure everyone at work is!:rotfl: ...watch how much I care!)

I started taking Lysine this week and starting next week I'm going to take Zinc and Airborne each day throughout my trip. I'm also keeping up on my vitamins...I refuse to get sick at Disney. The one nice thing is I am on my own so I can easily wash my hands and clean my table area and just worry about me. I'm also going to do a lot of driving around the resort (Have to remember to fill up on gas when I'm almost there LOL) so I can avoid public transportation when I feel like it.

My coworkers are too! Now the ones who aren't taking a winter vacation (which is most of them) are starting to get jealous and mad! I wish I was going sooner!
I've been washing hands and disinfecting things like crazy!! I guess that's about all I can do, besides stay away from sick people. I'd be okay if I got something now, I have three weeks to go. Three weeks from now, I'll be at MK EMH or going to sleep at CBR!!! Wahoo!

Hi Guys!! Well we are here and having a wonderful time:banana:

The weather is perfect...70's- low 80's during the day and low 60's at night. .the crowds are a bit heavier than I thought they would be. Wait times for the big attractions were about an hour but with FP its ok. I am hoping tomorrow will be a little quieter at MK. We have an early ressie in Crystal Palace at 8am and then plan to be first in line for dumbo;)

We are so happy at the Animal kingdom Villas. We have a full kitchen, master bedroom with a king bed, and a HUGE bathroom. I think it is bigger than my daughters bedroom at home.

Well..I just wanted to check in. I am almost jealous of you guys who haven't left yet. My husband is already asking when we can come back:thumbsup2

good night snowbirds, as my vacation draws closer, the sicker i seem to get....can everyone keep their fingers crossed that I get better by sunday? I have been using the zicam, theraflu and whatever i can get my hands on, I really don't want to be sick for this vacation!

Hi Guys!! Well we are here and having a wonderful time:banana:

The weather is perfect...70's- low 80's during the day and low 60's at night. .the crowds are a bit heavier than I thought they would be. Wait times for the big attractions were about an hour but with FP its ok. I am hoping tomorrow will be a little quieter at MK. We have an early ressie in Crystal Palace at 8am and then plan to be first in line for dumbo;)

We are so happy at the Animal kingdom Villas. We have a full kitchen, master bedroom with a king bed, and a HUGE bathroom. I think it is bigger than my daughters bedroom at home.

Well..I just wanted to check in. I am almost jealous of you guys who haven't left yet. My husband is already asking when we can come back:thumbsup2

Wow... weather sounds great... glad you are having a nice time.... can I borrow your DH.... mine is not a Disney fan.... he only goes when I beg him... he never ASKS to go....:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!