January 2009. . . Calling all Snowbirds ~ Part V

Discussion in 'Countdowns and Live Reports' started by Momof2Disneyboys, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Momof2Disneyboys

Momof2Disneyboys DIS Veteran

:lmao:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Lil'Mermaid75

Lil'Mermaid75 DIS Veteran

I so agree!:worship:

:lmao: I laugh, only because I was trying to explain all this to my sister the other day. I was explaining the LGMH and all the friends I've met in the snowboard thread. She just laughed at me and said I was strange! I think SHE'S the strange one!! :lmao:

:scared1: 2 weeks of spelling!! He's really going to deserve a trip to Disney after that! :rotfl: But, you're right, better to get it done ahead of time!

4. Momto2PrncChrmgs

Momto2PrncChrmgs DIS Veteran

Meghan-Who would've thought those mini M&M's would be that difficult to find!?!?! I was shocked!:scared1:

I got mine at Quik Trip (I don't know if you have those in NY) but they were hidden at the edge. I bet I stared at the racks for 5 minutes. Then Hubby was at Toys R'Us and saw them there. Still only the small ones, not the bigger ones!:confused3

5. Momto2PrncChrmgs

Yeah, me and Andy had the LGMH discussion last night! He just laughed! Yes, I'm a dork and proud of it!! So then he joked that you all were my "peeps." :rotfl2:

6. drakes

drakes DIS Veteran

thank you - theyare on my list... last trip we only got the shells at the grotto! How could I miss the umbrella?????:confused3

thank you :goodvibes

7. Disney Mommy 3

Disney Mommy 3 DIS Veteran

Where is that wishing well? I think I manage to miss it everytime!! I forget about it----

Meghan---I saw those tiny M&Ms today at Toys R Us!!!

8. pamouselover

pamouselover “Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbo

It is located at the top near the castle. Go up the right pass the castle, and you will see it. :love: I made a wish ...of course to come back!

9. pamouselover

pamouselover “Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbo

This is the best picture I have ever taken at WDW!

I hope it gives you the :grouphug: warm fuzzy feelings!
    [​IMG]

Disney Mommy 3 GO RIGHT IN BETWEEN THESE TWO ROSE BUSHES TO GET TO THE WISHING WELL!

10. dundeehunter

dundeehunter Mouseketeer

Absolutely Breathtaking!:lovestruc

11. jenjolt

jenjolt Loves All Things Disney!

I can't wait to see that picture in person!! Thank you for sharing!! It's gorgeous!

12. Monny2AE

Monny2AE DIS Veteran

I love that pic of the castle!!!! I can't wait to see it in person next week!

We're driving too. Leaving 4am on the 23rd and checking in on the 24th!

Sorry to hear about the sick little snowbirdies. The pukes are going around in my area too. I'm keeping the kids in, avoiding playdates and germy public stuff like the train table at the library, and making them wash hands more than they like. I'm making my little daycare wash hers as soon as she comes in and 50 times a day- thank goodness she's part time- fewer days to share germs! We're taking our vitamins too. Both my kids still have a little leftover sniffle but I'm just hoping to avoid the stomach bug. We had it around Thanksgiving so hopefully we built up some immunity to it or something.

Meghan I hope you find a mini m&m tube soon. I got mine at Toys R US- small ones.

Thanks for the tip about washing mugs. I didn't know CBR switched to real glasses. I still have disposable Dawn dishwasher things from our last trip that we'll use to wash our mugs with.

I haven't explained what a LGMH is to my dh yet. I made mine and attached it to my backpack today. I used the luggage tags they sent us- we're driving so won't need them for the real purpose. One side is the luggage tag and the other side I tucked in my LGMH. I'll post a pic hopefully tomorrow.

Nighty night Snowbirds! Sweet Disney dreams!

13. Dancegrl624

Dancegrl624 DIS Veteran

Thanks for the tip ladies! I will definately head over to Toys R Us tomorrow after work. At this point I don't mind what size they are, as long as I find some!

14. dundeehunter

dundeehunter Mouseketeer

If worse comes to worse, we just use old prescription bottles and but the cute labels that we make over the bottles...Not as cute as the m&m's, but still workable. My girls have their packed already. Just an option if you can't find the containers you like.:confused3

15. Love Pooh Bear

Love Pooh Bear Mouseketeer

Hi Snowbirds!

I'M DOING THE SINGLE DIGIT DANCE!!!!
    :cool1: :banana: :woohoo: :yay: :dance3: :cheer2: :cool1: :banana: :woohoo: :yay: :dance3: :cheer2:

16. mana_liz

mana_liz Mouseketeer

I know it's late...but I wanted to say "HI"

I've been up printing window clings out...they look very cute...can't wait to see them up in 3 days...:cool1: :cool1:

I have a ton of Mickey heads from Home Depot...exactly what color or the LGMHs?

Also, some asked about dispensers in the showers...there are none on the DCL ships...they give out the wonderful H2O shampoos and conditioners...nice size bottles.

Meghan...I found M & M containers at Rite Aid...they were the big kind.

I'm off to bed...alot of packing tomorrow and errands tomorrow - bank, post office (postcard stamps...if anyone forgot those) and Target.

17. Momto2PrncChrmgs

Morning! It's the rare occassion that I have a few minutes before I actually have to leave for work. I'm usually 15 minutes late, but couldn't sleep.

Non-Disney question: Do any of your kids have problems with nightmares? Keaton (the 2 1/2 yr old) has woken up crying about 5 out of the last 8 nights. This morning, the first thing he said when I went in his room was "Dinosaurs get me." I guess I thought that was too young? He goes right back to sleep when I put him in our bed. Am I being manipulated or could he really be having nightmares? BTW: I'm going matress shopping today to get him a big boy bed so I'll have somewhere to sleep!!

Hope you all have a good Tuesday! One day closer to DISNEY!!!!! 10 days for me until we leave, 11 unti Disney!!! :banana:

18. Pluto_fan

Pluto_fan DIS Veteran

Good morning Snowbirds! :cool1: :cool1: :banana: :banana:

Post card stamps...thanks! :thumbsup2 My list keeps getting longer and longer and longer and I can't seem to get ANYthing crossed off! :eek:
    How much does it cost to mail a postcard these days, anyway? :confused3

My latest panic...well, background info first, we're going to be moving this summer--DH is military so this is not a surprise--and we're planning to rent out our house here (we bought it 2.5 years ago for a lot more than it would sell for now :headache: ). We posted it "For Rent By Owner" and have received a few inquiries about it, which is encouraging. However, someone is going to be in from out of town and wants to come see it...next week when we're at WDW! :scared1: And someone else wants to see it...the day we get back! :scared1::scared1: Now, I like to have the house clean when we go on vacation so we don't come home to a dirty house, but this time it needs to be "model home tidy", without all the clutter that we've become so used to. :rolleyes1 I can't complain, because I really am glad that we've had some interest in the house this far in advance, but I'm stressing over getting the house in shape before we go. Sorry to vent on you! :upsidedow

19. MAGGIED

MAGGIED DIS Veteran

Meghan... you can also try Wegmans... I have bought the mini m&m's there....

20. jenjolt

jenjolt Loves All Things Disney!

:banana: :banana: TWO MORE DAYS WOOT!!!!!:banana: :banana:

Well my t-shirt is finally done!! I've been packed for days!! I'm almost finished with my park plans on my notecards and all I really need to do is finish filling out my passporter!! I'm ready to leave for Disney!!

I pick up the rental car tomorrow night and then I'm off early Thursday Morning to arrive to my favorite place on Earth YAY!!!!!!!!!

21. crzyred

crzyred <font color=red>I'm lucky any of my clothes are cl

Morning from sunny Saratoga Springs. Well sunny for the next few minutes. Showers are expected today, but should be ending by early evening, which is great because we have Crystal Palace at 6:40 pm.

Stay warm everyone!