January 2009. . . Calling all Snowbirds ~ Part V

Sheree.... try wetting a sponge then wring it out... put some dish soap on it and letting it dry... then cut it up in pieces and put in a ziplock bag.... I do this with old sponges and then just toss them when I am done with them at Disney.... and put out fresh new ones at home!

You like know every small trick in the book...its amazing!!! I'm in awe!! LOL

Wendy~ I think that your dd moving is for the best!! I bet she will be much happier without all the stress!!! How uncomfortable for her!!!!!(The boyfriend thing)---I bet her GPA goes up too!!!:thumbsup2 Sounds like a smart girl!!!!

Sheree.... try wetting a sponge then wring it out... put some dish soap on it and letting it dry... then cut it up in pieces and put in a ziplock bag.... I do this with old sponges and then just toss them when I am done with them at Disney.... and put out fresh new ones at home!

I don't care what anyone says about my DIS addiction - this is GOOD STUFF!! I can only imagine how much less I would know to do if I didn't DIS!
I will say that I found a wand for $1 at Target. But I like the throw-away idea!!

I don't care what anyone says about my DIS addiction - this is GOOD STUFF!! I can only imagine how much less I would know to do if I didn't DIS!
I will say that I found a wand for $1 at Target. But I like the throw-away idea!!

Amen to that...the stuff I know now because of the Snowbirds and the DIS boards...its priceless!!! I'm going to try to hit up target either tonight or tomorrow...I want to try to find that wallet that Meghan was talking about for my trip!

Are any other snowbirds driving down like us? We're leaving on the 22nd and will arrive in WDW on the 23rd. I'm thinking I may even stick a LGMH on our van just to keep in the spirit of things.

Also, for those of you who printed off your t-shirt designs from the DISigners, I need help. I don't want to sound like a moron, but how do you get the actual design? I see the DISigners posting the requested DISigns on their threads, but how do you then get them print to your transfer paper? Is it as simple as a cut/paste type thing?
TIA.

Yep, we are! We're leaving THIS SUNDAY and will get there on Monday 1/19, around dinnertime. We're really looking forward to it and expect nothing but smooth sailing on the way.

I was thinking of decorating the car, but I don't want strangers to see us as tourists on the road, although our WDW license plate and PA tags MIGHT give it away :rotfl:

I haven't read the whole thread now, but you have to right click on the design to save it to your computer. Then insert it into a Word document, or any graphics program to print it. If you're using the "clear" transfers, you have to print them as a mirror image. If you're using the white (for dark color) transfer, then DON'T do them as mirror image. I just printed out a bunch last night.

I'm another snowbird that is driving...of course its only a 7 hour drive for me since I live in the Panhandle...but I'm driving!!!!!!!!!
Make mine that x2 - I'm jealous of your "short" drive!

Mornin' Birdies!
:goodvibes So I feel like the worst mother in the world today!:guilty: DD7 told me this morning that her tummy hurt and she wasn't feeling well. I encouraged her to eat her breakfast anyway and told her that because she was going to miss 2 weeks of school for our trip, she wasn't allowed to stay home today. Well, on the way to school IN THE CAR, she says Mommy my tummy really hurts I think I am going to throw up! AND SHE DID! IN THE CAR! :scared1: so gross! Poor kid! she is in the tub right now blowing bubbles! I had to cancel all my daycare kids for the day and now I have to go clean the vomit out of the car before it freezes! mmmmm frozen puke! :scared: Hope everyone else is having a better day than I am! ;)

I did the exact same thing last week. DD7 woke up with a tummy ache, but we had to take DS11 to school for his student council meeting so I told her to go ahead and get ready for school and she would probably feel better after we had breakfast (I take the other 3 to breakfast after we drop of DS11). Well she promptly puked as soon as we dropped of DS11. Fortunately, she is a pro at puking in the car and we always keep extra shopping bags handy since she is prone to motion sickness (like her mother). She ended up being fine the rest of the day, but threw up once more around 1am the next day so she had to stay home for 2 days. Of course, DD3 then came down with it the very next day. I've been making all the kids wash their hands as soon as they come in the door from school so we aren't sick at Disney (hopefully)! Good luck to all of you who are trying to keep winter illnesses at bay!

Yep, we are! We're leaving THIS SUNDAY and will get there on Monday 1/19, around dinnertime. We're really looking forward to it and expect nothing but smooth sailing on the way.

I was thinking of decorating the car, but I don't want strangers to see us as tourists on the road, although our WDW license plate and PA tags MIGHT give it away :rotfl:

I haven't read the whole thread now, but you have to right click on the design to save it to your computer. Then insert it into a Word document, or any graphics program to print it. If you're using the "clear" transfers, you have to print them as a mirror image. If you're using the white (for dark color) transfer, then DON'T do them as mirror image. I just printed out a bunch last night.
Thank you! I knew the snowbirds could help :goodvibes

Hey Sharadoc - I see that you have the ASMu Family Suite - did you have to call to book that? I've not seen them as an option online. And do you know how many there are? We're considering that for a future trip if we have one or two extras with us (like a grandparent) and really don't know much about how to get one.
TIA

Hey Sharadoc - I see that you have the ASMu Family Suite - did you have to call to book that? I've not seen them as an option online. And do you know how many there are? We're considering that for a future trip if we have one or two extras with us (like a grandparent) and really don't know much about how to get one.
TIA

I also need to do some research for this...apparently once everyone found out I was going to Disney I became the go to person for future trips and a family at much church needs to either have the suites or are looking to stay at the Fort Wilderness cabins!!!

I'm also helping a friend of my mom's and her boss with tips on how to plan a good trip LOL!!

Not to mention I'll be planning my next trip (before Christmas) HEHEHEHEHE... I'm so excited!!!

Amen to that...the stuff I know now because of the Snowbirds and the DIS boards...its priceless!!! I'm going to try to hit up target either tonight or tomorrow...I want to try to find that wallet that Meghan was talking about for my trip!

I too have found out tons of tips on this thread. What would I do without all of you? As for that wallet, it was with all the other wallets, but it had a clearance price tag on it. I believe it came in white and black as well. I snatched up the last pink one at my Target!

I have officially given up on looking for those mini M&M's. I looked at Target, Walmart and two different grocery store chains. Nothing. :sad1: I'm a little bummed to say the least.

I have officially given up on looking for those mini M&M's. I looked at Target, Walmart and two different grocery store chains. Nothing. :sad1: I'm a little bummed to say the least.

What about at a gas station or corner store? :confused3 That's where I found mine :confused3

Meg, If I found one I will let you know. We use to use them also at WDW.

I too have found out tons of tips on this thread. What would I do without all of you? As for that wallet, it was with all the other wallets, but it had a clearance price tag on it. I believe it came in white and black as well. I snatched up the last pink one at my Target!

Hi everyone,
Working:headache: No more disney planning for me.:sad2: Though an DC at DS party was telling DH about them buying into DVC. SO NOW HE is intrested. Of course, because somone else told him it is a good deal. That is always the way with him. he sent for the DVD.
Hope everyone is getting ready for their trips. Many of you will be leaving soon. Enjoy it, is goes so darn quick.

Meghan - I have four tubes and I only plan to use two. If you want, PM me and I can mail them to you.

Well, my sickie girl has not been sick again since this morning! :woohoo: She is currently watching Episode 6 Return of the Jedi! She has already watched Star Wars AND The Empire Strikes Back! :) She is in her happy place and I have been able to do lots of packing today! :yay:

Please tell me not to panic :scared: ! I just called CRO to see about upgrading to either CBR or WL just for grins and was informed that there was no availability! The only Mod or Deluxe that availability was POFQ. This really worries me about the crowd levels when we're there! Did I mention DH & I hate crowds? I know it is all good since we'll be in Disney, but I really wanted lower crowds in Jan. At least we won't be roasting, right?

Good morning Snowbirds! :cool1: :cool1: :banana: :banana:

ONE WEEK from today we will be arriving at beautiful Shades of Green! Woo hoo! :woohoo: Not sure yet what our plan will be for the afternoon and evening. We were going to head to MK and see Spectromagic, but since we're using 5-day passes now instead of 7-day, we won't be doing that. IF it's warm enough we'll try Blizzard Beach. Of course DS10's definition of "warm enough" for a water park is about 50F...for me, more like 80F! :laughing:

We are! :wave2: :drive: We're in northern VA, so a tiny bit farther for us. We're leaving Sunday morning and stopping for the night in GA, and plan to be at WDW early Monday afternoon. I like the idea of a LGMH for the van! :thumbsup2 However, that would require 'fessing up to my DH about the DIS. He knows I've been planning for the trip, but I don't think he realizes how deep into it I've gotten! :laughing: Of course, I'll have to tell him anyway, when I tell him that the next item on our agenda is to go to a Snowbird meet!

This cracks me up! My DH came home the other night with some "tips" on Disney from a coworker who had just returned. I told my hubby that his coworker was only legit if he knew what a LGMH was. This meant I had to explain the LGMH to DH who then looked at me with raised eyebrows, pats me on the head, and tells me "it's o.k. to be you." :rotfl2: I think I scared him !:eek: Good luck with your "true confessions".

Please tell me not to panic :scared: ! I just called CRO to see about upgrading to either CBR or WL just for grins and was informed that there was no availability! The only Mod or Deluxe that availability was POFQ. This really worries me about the crowd levels when we're there! Did I mention DH & I hate crowds? I know it is all good since we'll be in Disney, but I really wanted lower crowds in Jan. At least we won't be roasting, right?

There could be a bunch of reasons for lack of availability, including the type of package you have. I wouldn't worry too much about crowds in January. The one thing we've learned from our last two January trips is that a busy January beats a busy July (In terms of both crowds and heat). So stay calm, don't panic, and like you said "It’s all good since we'll be in Disney.":thumbsup2

There could be a bunch of reasons for lack of availability, including the type of package you have. I wouldn't worry too much about crowds in January. The one thing we've learned from our last two January trips is that a busy January beats a busy July (In terms of both crowds and heat). So stay calm, don't panic, and like you said "It’s all good since we'll be in Disney.":thumbsup2

Thank you, I can breath now! FYI...our package is MYW base tickets with basic dining for 7 nights.

I just booked my enchanted phone calls :goodvibes I booked one for my kids and one for my Mom & Dad :rotfl2: I am getting them to call the morning we leave and we are going to video tape my son when he answers the phone so it should be fun! I am soooooo excited!!!

Only 8 more days!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

It will be fine! Maybe it's just the amount of people in your party, the package deals, etc. It absolutely can't be that crowded! The only days it will be busier will be MLK weekend. Just because people have time off. We were there last year for that Friday and it was busy, but we were able to ride what we wanted. Longer waits on Peter Pan, but that was it. You will be fine- it will be DISNEY!!!
::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo :tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter