January 2009. . . Calling all Snowbirds ~ Part V

Just a note to all my Snowbird friends, no matter when they're going:
Southwest has a 48 hour sale, with many of their flights going for $30 (0-400 miles), $60 (401-750 miles) or $90 (751 or more miles).
I think they may be booking until January now, but not sure. I priced out my flight and could get it for $90 each way - I'm lucky, though, because I actually got a cheaper flight!

Hoping this could help the budgets for all those flying!

Believe me, you'll need 2 of you to keep up with things before long! :laughing:

We are still working on things at the new house. We have moved some stuff, but the new carpet/flooring is coming tomorrow. After that we will be able to move a lot more. So by this time next weekend we should be all moved and trying to get all unpacked! :eek:
Yikes I hope we can keep up...we've got some big shoes to fill!
Hey Snowbird Friends! :goodvibes

Well, Ken and I are back from our Anniversary Trip! :love: We had a fabulous time and took lots of pictures! :) Hope all my American friends had a super 4th yesterday! We spent our Canada Day in Charlottetown, PEI!!! What a great city!:thumbsup2

I heard about the monorail accident! :scared1: How Sad! :sad2:

I also heard that our Mama Snowbird is now planning for November instead of January! Shelly, you will be missed! Hope November works well for your family! Hope to see you around here still! :hug:

Gosh, we've only been gone for 6 days and I feel so out of touch! What else did I miss? :confused3

Oh, something VERY COOL - we were in Halifax last night and heard Sir Paul McCartney playing an outdoor concert in the Halifax Commons! :) It Was LOUD!!! :upsidedow

Hope you all have had a great week and weekend! Check in tomorrow! :hug:
I'm so glad you had a wonderful trip!
I need a co-auntie!!! I need a co-auntie!!!:yay:
:rotfl: I'm so excited to be a Co Auntie Snowbird with you...as if I needed another reason to be addicted to this site any more than I already am! :rolleyes1
Oh my gosh!!! I haven't been on here in forever :rolleyes1 I had such Disney blues after we got back that when I came on here it made me so sad :sad1:

I am happy to say that I am going back in Jan :cool1: I decided to run the marathon :rolleyes1 So I'll be there for a very short visit from the 8-11. The part that scares me the most is I am traveling by myself :headache: I have never done this before and having 3 small kids alone time just doesn't happen for me....so I am a little scared.

I'm happy I will have some people to plan with again...I couldn't have done it last time without you all. Any tips on solo trips...I would love :love:
I had the blues too...I found planning another trip cures them pretty quickly!

I've never gone solo but I think if I were going anywhere alone, Disney would be my first pick of destinations!
Just a note to all my Snowbird friends, no matter when they're going:
Southwest has a 48 hour sale, with many of their flights going for $30 (0-400 miles), $60 (401-750 miles) or $90 (751 or more miles).
I think they may be booking until January now, but not sure. I priced out my flight and could get it for $90 each way - I'm lucky, though, because I actually got a cheaper flight!

Hoping this could help the budgets for all those flying!

Wow I may consider flying instead of driving with those rates! Thanks for the heads up!

thanks! I am going to check on that! I would like to use them...with the cheaper bag fare and all, but coming from Texas, we never get the great deals they offer for flights from the east coast.:confused3 Not sure why, but for us they are usually more $ than Continental...gonna check it out!!!!!

Hello Birdie friends! How is everyone doing? I'm doing alright here. I've been really busy with work. I got a promotion a few weeks back, however nothing has actually changed with my position, so that's frustrating. I just work more hours, which still isn't much of a change. So I need to find a way to talk to my boss about what my job description actually is now.

I'm starting to look at cars too. I want to get one by the end of summer. So I'm looking for opinions on all types. My main wants are safety (doing winter driving) and budget! I have some ideas, but I need to just get out and start test driving cars and see what kind of deals and loans I can get. But I love getting opinions from other people.:flower3:

Ok, I've been up since 4am. I'm off to sit outside and fall asleep...:cloud9:

Hello Snowbirds!

Well I now have brand new carpet and laminate floors in the new house!! :goodvibes

I may not be around much over the next week or so, so I went ahead and started the new thread since this one is nearing the end. So. . . .

The new "Snowbird Chat" can be found here ~ http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=32607486#post32607486 ~ We can all stay in touch here and talk about our upcoming January and non-January Disney trips! :cool1:

And the January 2010 Snowbird thread is here ~ http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2193816 ~ Kim & Soleil are taking good care of it! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!