January 2009. . . Calling all Snowbirds ~ Part V

Here's what I've been doing all day...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=29512418#post29512418

Boy am I beat:faint: ! But I am soooo excited now!!!! :woohoo: :yay: :cool1:

Perhaps tomorrow I will tackle making Autograph books?

Great job on the shirts and cups. I tried a sweatshirt, but I used a grey one and the transfer didn't come out too good. Now I dont want to do anymore in case I mess they up. I think I should have used a dark transfer sheet! Well, maybe I'll give it another try. Thanks for the inspiration :hippie: .

Thanks - I think I'm going to do that tonight - if DH ever lets me stop messing with t-shirt designs!

I'm going to be printing my transfers tomorrow and doing my shirt then!! I still have to wash the thing...man I am horrible at this t-shirt making business. Should have had Wendy make me more LOL...she did an amazing job!!!!

Great job on the shirts and cups. I tried a sweatshirt, but I used a grey one and the transfer didn't come out too good. Now I dont want to do anymore in case I mess they up. I think I should have used a dark transfer sheet! Well, maybe I'll give it another try. Thanks for the inspiration :hippie: .

What color grey was it...I have a light grey t-shirt and I bought just the regular transfers...maybe I should have gotten the dark transfers instead???

I ordered my crocs from the crocs website and I got them in less than 5 days if that helps relieve some of your stress!

I'm just worried about getting them on time due to the inventory they're currently doing. They're sending out orders in the order they were received. They haven't been able to send out orders since Dec 30th. I really hope they don't take up all those 10 business days to get here!

I'm just worried about getting them on time due to the inventory they're currently doing. They're sending out orders in the order they were received. They haven't been able to send out orders since Dec 30th. I really hope they don't take up all those 10 business days to get here!

Well I will keep my fingers crossed for all of you that they will arrive in a very timely manner!!

Well I just wrote this really long post but then computer crashed.

In a nutshell what I said was....Today was perfect:thumbsup2

Weather fab again at 82 degrees...went to MK at rope drop and rode everything first thing (first to ride dumbo:banana: )

got haircuts for the girls and hubby (hubby even got green gel and pixie dust too) I'll post pics at a later time.

Crowds were great in the morning, then picked up later in the day.

It was a magical day,my eyes misted a few times, esp at rope drop and waiting in line to get into MK when my 2 year old was screaming singing "i know you I walked with you once upon a dream"...it was really something else:lovestruc

We plan to get to MGM at rope drop tomorrow too to help with the crowds...the cast members say that crowds are way up from what was anticipated..Oh well..we are enjoying ourselves.

yes...Wendy, my husband says I can rent him out.;)

Sweet dreams everyone.

Hi everyone, I just found these boards from a link on my friend's blog. Anyway, we are going to be at WDW from January 12-27th. We are staying off-site at my parents.

My mom is joining us on our trip and then my sister is also going to m. eet up with us on the 18th. I have 2 dd's 15 months and 3 at the end of January.

We are all packed and already on our way, well DD1 and I are. Dh and DD2 are meeting us in Vancouver on Sunday., then we fly from Seattle to Orlando.

I have managed to get most of the character dinning that we wanted and we will be spending 10 days in the parks.

So far we will be doing MK for 4 days, AK 1 day, Hollywood 2 days, Epcot 1 day. Any suggestions on what parks to do again?

This is our 3rd trip to WDW MK in the last 2 years, but we haven't done any of the other parks because of length of stays and our kids ages.

Weather fab again at 82 degrees...went to MK at rope drop and rode everything first thing (first to ride dumbo:banana: )

got haircuts for the girls and hubby (hubby even got green gel and pixie dust too) I'll post pics at a later time.

It was a magical day,my eyes misted a few times, esp at rope drop and waiting in line to get into MK when my 2 year old was screaming singing "i know you I walked with you once upon a dream"...it was really something else:lovestruc

We plan to get to MGM at rope drop tomorrow too to help with the crowds...the cast members say that crowds are way up from what was anticipated..Oh well..we are enjoying ourselves.

Sweet dreams everyone.

Once again it sounds like you guys are having a great time!!! I'm a little selfish in hoping the crowds thin out a bit more by the time I get there...but I'm a Rope Drop girl so I hope to be able to ride the rides I really want!!!!

Glad you are having some great moments!

Hi everyone, I just found these boards from a link on my friend's blog. Anyway, we are going to be at WDW from January 12-27th. We are staying off-site at my parents.

My mom is joining us on our trip and then my sister is also going to m. eet up with us on the 18th. I have 2 dd's 15 months and 3 at the end of January.

We are all packed and already on our way, well DD1 and I are. Dh and DD2 are meeting us in Vancouver on Sunday., then we fly from Seattle to Orlando.

I have managed to get most of the character dinning that we wanted and we will be spending 10 days in the parks.

So far we will be doing MK for 4 days, AK 1 day, Hollywood 2 days, Epcot 1 day. Any suggestions on what parks to do again?

This is our 3rd trip to WDW MK in the last 2 years, but we haven't done any of the other parks because of length of stays and our kids ages.

:banana: :banana: WELCOME:banana: :banana: From the sounds of it around this board...I'm sure Animal Kingdom would be another big hit for your kids so you might want to add another day of that for exploring!

Just checking in...went to the Dr for exam and blood tests. When we got to the lab we "encouraged" then to use a vein finder...Their reply to my hubby, "Oh Andy we don't ever use those." I told them-you get one try then you get it. This will not be a fishing expedition. THEY GOT IT!! I was so relieved. We waited around town, ran some errands, ate at McD's, went back to the Dr-No results yet. But then Andy just called, they called him at work and everything came back 100% NORMAL!!! YEAH!!!

Thanks for all the encouragement, hugs and prayers. You guys are the best support system!!

(And we forgot the take the blanket for his lovie but he did get a present at WalMart-a CARS race set)! Gotta spoil the baby! He was great!

That's fantastic news! And, there's nothing wrong with a reward for being a brave boy!!!

:banana: 5 days! But no countdown to DIS meets because you're all meeting when I'm gone!

My alarm clock this morning was beat out by the chirpping sound of a smoke detector. Looks like I need a new 9volt. :upsidedow

Nothing will wake you up quicker than a chirpping smoke detector!!

Speaking of books, I bought myself "Multiple Bles8ings" by Jon and Kate Gosselin for the plane ride. I'm so excited to read it! I'll also have my PassPorter that I'll be rereading a million times! I probably won't take the UG. Too thick and bulky.

Ooooh...I might have to get Multiple Bles8ings for the plane!! We'll have our Passporter, too, but I'll only be able to read through it if I can get it out of DH's hands!!!:lmao:

QOTD - We like Comic Rays at MK. I'm looking forward to trying Caseys this time around.

Good morning Snowbirds.

Well the rain has come again. . . It is just plain nasty here. Just when I thought we couldn't get anymore, it comes again. And freezing rain. I can't believe we didn't have a school delay. And of course the bus was 10 minutes late, so we stood at the bus stop for 12 minutes. :eek: In the freezing rain! :sad2: I don't remember the last time we had snow. . . maybe early December. . . :confused3 Very strange. This mess is supposed to turn to snow later today though. I am really starting to get worried about flight delays! :scared:

Sweet dreams everyone.

Thanks for checking in! :goodvibes So glad to hear you had such a perfect day. Can't wait to hear more! :cool1: Have fun at DHS today - my favorite park!

:welcome: to the DIS and the Snowbirds!

Good morning all. It's yucky here today too. Last night, the freezing rain started. I thought for sure they would cancel school, but no. On the news, they keep talking about a ton of accidents. The city schools in Buffalo are closed, but not the schools in the suburbs. Bummer. I was planning on getting my hair done today, but now I don't know with all this yucky weather. I could wait another day or two.

I'm going to be printing my transfers tomorrow and doing my shirt then!! I still have to wash the thing...man I am horrible at this t-shirt making business. Should have had Wendy make me more LOL...she did an amazing job!!!!

ahhhhh... thanks.....

What color grey was it...I have a light grey t-shirt and I bought just the regular transfers...maybe I should have gotten the dark transfers instead???

there are certain kinds of transfers for different colors.... some transfer are made just for dark fabrics.... if I am transferring to anything but white I use the transfers for dark colors.... the only thing with the dark color transfers is you always have the white background... the ones I used for your shirts Jen is a clear background.... it was the first time I found that... love it... don't even remember where I got it...:confused3

Good morning Snowbirds.

Well the rain has come again. . . It is just plain nasty here. Just when I thought we couldn't get anymore, it comes again. And freezing rain. I can't believe we didn't have a school delay. And of course the bus was 10 minutes late, so we stood at the bus stop for 12 minutes. :eek: In the freezing rain! :sad2: I don't remember the last time we had snow. . . maybe early December. . . :confused3 Very strange. This mess is supposed to turn to snow later today though. I am really starting to get worried about flight delays! :scared:

The freezing rain came here to and we have NO SCHOOL.....:yay: my DS has a book to read and this is a great help.... he is in an honors English class... the teacher assigned each student a book to read and write a report on.... the book she assigned DS she didn't have, wasn't in the school library, wasn't at the town library, and Borders said it would take 10 days to come in.... the report is due in 2 weeks..... :mad: ... I was able to find the book at a library about 30 minutes from here... luckily they had ONE copy.... just a little annoying.... so after 5 days of looking her now has the book and has to read it all this week so he has time to write the paper... he hates to read...:confused3 ... obviously he doesn't get that from his mother...:rotfl: ten pages and he starts dosing off... its a 244 page book....:rotfl2: oh well....

The freezing rain came here to and we have NO SCHOOL.....:yay: my DS has a book to read and this is a great help.... he is in an honors English class... the teacher assigned each student a book to read and write a report on.... the book she assigned DS she didn't have, wasn't in the school library, wasn't at the town library, and Borders said it would take 10 days to come in.... the report is due in 2 weeks..... :mad: ... I was able to find the book at a library about 30 minutes from here... luckily they had ONE copy.... just a little annoying.... so after 5 days of looking her now has the book and has to read it all this week so he has time to write the paper... he hates to read...:confused3 ... obviously he doesn't get that from his mother...:rotfl: ten pages and he starts dosing off... its a 244 page book....:rotfl2: oh well....

OMG I think I would have told that teacher if she wanted him to read the book then she needs to find it for him!! :rotfl: Well at least he has an extra day now. My boys hate to read too. They can read, they just don't want to read. Must be a boy thing. They'd rather be doing something else, anything else. All my friends that have girls tell me that their girls love to sit and read. I can't imagine my boys "sitting" and doing anything!!!! :lmao:

Wow I hadn't really thought about it but I think I have a meet almost every day at some point LOL!!! I think Friday I might not hmmmm...but you have a resort meet LOL..that's going to bring a large amount of numbers LOL!! :rotfl:

Hey, I'll still be there on Friday! ;)

Bib #16417 :) Thanks for supporting the runners! It really does help to hear the cheers!

Quick question, I see some discussing here about Downtown Disney hours. Do the resort buses run that late? Like if DTD is open until 11:00PM do the buses run that late too? Or will I need to take a cab? Thanks again!

Awesome! Thanks for the number! It's our third marathon (me only as a spectator). The buses seem to run as long as DTD is open. Would probably be bad form to encourage your guests to spend money but leave them behind!

I'm reading the 3rd book in the Eragon series. :goodvibes a bit childish but I can't help myself. I love the storyline.

I tried to read this... but I think I'll wait until book 4 and then read them both straight through! I hate cliff hangers, and I assume that book 3 has them!

Oooh, I love all this talk about books!

I have three fun ones i'm starting into right now. I'm rereading Marley and Me before I go see the movie. I started The Shack but yet to finish it. It was too deep for me right now; i'm in the mood to laugh, not think!

The one i'm bringing on the plane with me is Dewey, the library cat. I got it for Christmas and cannot wait to start it! We'll see if I can actually read on the plane though; I have a feeling i'll be a little too excited!:lmao:

I did love Dewey, to my surprise. I borrowed it from the library and it was SUPER-cute. It helps that it takes place less than 2 hours from where my DH grew up so I recognized a lot of the town names and stuff. It was definitely a nice read. :)

You'll have to let me know if you like Dewey! It looks really good and I might buy it :)

:thumbsup2 Thought it was fun!!

Good morning Snowbirds.

No kidding!! We had freezing rain over night... our street was a little slick. We turned left from our street on to a main road (always a challenge in good weather) and... a few hundred feet down the road was a city bus that had been in an accident. Looks like someone slid into the bus - I feel so bad for the driver (and the passengers!) when that sort of thing happens.

And now they're talking snow all day Friday - our flight is at 9:30pm. :scared1: However, it sounds like annoyance level and no accumulation? Hopefully I can flee!! Last time we went in January, we got 6" of snow from the time we left the house to the time our flight took off (let me tell you: not a fun ride). But we left a few hours late and got to this GORGEOUS 80 degree sunny day in Orlando. We knew we'd made the right choice!

Two days!!

ahhhhh... thanks.....

there are certain kinds of transfers for different colors.... some transfer are made just for dark fabrics.... if I am transferring to anything but white I use the transfers for dark colors.... the only thing with the dark color transfers is you always have the white background... the ones I used for your shirts Jen is a clear background.... it was the first time I found that... love it... don't even remember where I got it...:confused3

Well like Shelly said...at least he has an extra day to read it!!! I can't say I was like that...I loved to read although I'm not sure I would even assign a book report for a book I didn't have and thought might be hard to find!!! Not good planning on the teacher's part!!

I'm confused what you mean by the "white background"??? You can see the image I want to post
Haunted Mansion DISsign

I would like to do the top one and put it on a black shirt...what would be your best recommendation Wendy!!! Feel free to PM this poor soul!!!!

Good Morning,
It is snowy and icky here. A tractor trailer jack knifed just outside of work - Yikes!
I am wanting to get cros ordered as our store did not have them- but there is no news about shipping. I don't think I'd get them in a week! I am goign to try to search out the shipping polciies and prices today!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter