January 2009. . . Calling all Snowbirds ~ Part II !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will definately PM my picture tonight. I'm wondering how many pages I will have to read through later tonight! :) I have Open House for DD til 7pm. I love this thread and all of my fellow snowbirds!

EMH---I would be tempted as well!! That's a lot of money!!!$$$$$ I would have to weigh out the fact that Dec is busier than Jan--verses the $$$$. If that's really a great family time, Jan may be better. But, if the money is a big issue go for it!! If you can still get the resort and ADRs you want. Have you checked the resorts to see what's available? Let us know what you decide!!

Hooray for a new Snowbird thread! :cool1: :banana: The other one is already closed down...I'm always amazed at how fast the mods are about that sort of thing. Or maybe they just didn't want the snowbirds taking over the countdown board! :rotfl:

Hey girls~ Part I is officially CLOSED!!Wow!! That is soooo cool!! Shouldn't we win an award or something? "Most pages in the shortest amount of time!"
I think so!!!!Did anyone ever think of a QOTD? Maybe we should just wait til tomorrow!! I have GOT to get off here. I left for a while and somehow I find myself sitting right back in this chair!! That's funny.....I don't even remember coming in this room....How does this keep happening?

Well, I really gotta go!! We have fall decor to put out and dinner to plan, and church to get ready for......Also, I am trying to get us all back into a walking routine(exercise-wise) since it's now NOT too hot to breathe!!!! I wonder how many pages we can get to by tomorrow?

The only babies we have so far are two wonderful kitties!! If I can find cute pics of them I'll post my babies too!!

Jen, I also have is two kitties (and a dog). I call them my furkids. Melanchthon is my orange tabby and "firstborn". He is named after Philip Melanchthon, Martin Luther's buddy during the Reformation. Then I discovered how codependent he is so I got Katharina, a white Calico, a year later. She is name after Melanchthon's wife, who happens to have the same name as Luther's wife!

Then I broke up with my fiance this summer (three weeks before the wedding). Part of my healing process was to add Caroline, my foxhound/lab mix to the furry bunch. They are a handful but I love them dearly and they are great company in this big parsonage!

Someday I will add some pics of them. They are very cute!:ccat: :ccat: :dogdance:

Wow, I go to the grocery store and when I get home, we have a new thread! :woohoo: My guess of Friday was way off!

:rockband:
I also think they're singing "Walk This Way" :thumbsup2

Jen, I also have is two kitties (and a dog). I call them my furkids. Melanchthon is my orange tabby and "firstborn". He is named after Philip Melanchthon, Martin Luther's buddy during the Reformation. Then I discovered how codependent he is so I got Katharina, a white Calico, a year later. She is name after Melanchthon's wife, who happens to have the same name as Luther's wife!

Then I broke up with my fiance this summer (three weeks before the wedding). Part of my healing process was to add Caroline, my foxhound/lab mix to the furry bunch. They are a handful but I love them dearly and they are great company in this big parsonage!

Someday I will add some pics of them. They are very cute!:ccat: :ccat: :dogdance:

Awww how sweet!! I love to hear stories about animals especially how they get their names. I have two beautiful kitties, Victoria (named after Queen Victoria) that cat has to be the center of attention and is a real priss LOL!! She owns her name.

My other cat is a gray kitty named Mush...we got her during the Iditarod while we were living in Alaska. So we named her in honor of the greatest race ever!!

I go to class for a few hours, and there's a new thread. Oh well... a new fresh start. I wonder if we can make it through 250 pages before Jan 1st. Haha!

I'm happy to see the new thread! I haven't posted much in the last few weeks because we were in the middle of a move.

Question for you guys.. have any of you been tempted to switch to December for the FD offer? I'm really leaning towards it.
So that's a lot of money.
And.. my ADRs would be totally screwed up!
Eek.
I don't know what to do.

I'm not at all tempted, but that is mostly because I already have my airfare, and my wedding isn't until the 2nd. If I changed my honeymoon, I would have to change the wedding. I'm sure nobody would approve of the change. Also, I would only be able to change the wedding to Thanksgiving or after finals (probably about the 20th of December) neither of which is feasible. Finally, there's only two of us, so I doubt the cost would change much if we made the change.

Other than that... you're the only one who knows if it's the right choice for you. Discuss the option with your husband, and see what he has to say. If he agrees that the price difference is worth the huge change of plans, then do it.
Also, you have no idea what discounts they're planning on offering for January. You might come to find that you can keep your original plan, and save some money too.

I go to class for a few hours, and there's a new thread. Oh well... a new fresh start. I wonder if we can make it through 250 pages before Jan 1st. Haha!

:tiptoe: Hello ... is this where all the goofballs, I mean Snowbirds, are? :rotfl:

I betcha we're at least halfway through Part III by Jan 1st! We'll have so much to talk about, like packing lists, touring plans, how many creams in our coffee :rotfl2: And we'll have our Christmas holidays to report, especially those who surprised their families with the trip news :banana:

Plus we'll be planning our meets :thumbsup2

You guys are awesome. Shelly, did we set a record today? I bet there's been a lot of movement in the top 10 ;)

Hola, My Snowbirds!

After a LOOOOONG day, I am able to make my way to the new thread. I really have a lot of catching up to do. I tried to go over and read what I had missed but I was too excited to get here and check in.

I learned a bunch of nothing at my conference today. I would have attempted to check in earlier but my boss was sitting right beside me. I think she would have been suspicious had I spent all day on my blackberry surfing the Dis.

I will have to see if I can find a picture of myself. I try my best to avoid having my picture taken :lmao:

Congratulations on the new thread! I enjoy reading your chatter as we wait together for January! Somedays it feels like a L O N G wait.

Okay - all of the Aerosmith chatter earlier reminded me of a story that I must share!

A few years ago, DH and I were living in DC and we took his mom to the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History. As we were walking along, I saw someone familiar and loudly whispered to DH, "OH MY GOD! IT'S MICK JAGGER!!!" DH looked over and bent double laughing. It was Steven Tyler from Aerosmith and he HEARD ME! :scared1:

Trauma.

DH has never let me forget it. He thinks the stunned look on Steven Tyler's face was hysterical.:eek:

poor guy.

Ok, so here is my family pics. I just snapped the first one, of me, with no make-up on so picture me looking 10x better. :lmao:

165686100_0427.jpg

Here is DH and I on the first family trip, Feb 07
165686wdw53.jpg

And here are my girls this morning before school, just thought it was cute!
165686wdw50.jpg

Those outfits are not the school uniforms, they are just cute dresses that my MIL bought for them.

Can't wait to see everyone else!

Okay - all of the Aerosmith chatter earlier reminded me of a story that I must share!

A few years ago, DH and I were living in DC and we took his mom to the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History. As we were walking along, I saw someone familiar and loudly whispered to DH, "OH MY GOD! IT'S MICK JAGGER!!!" DH looked over and bent double laughing. It was Steven Tyler from Aerosmith and he HEARD ME! :scared1:

Trauma.

DH has never let me forget it. He thinks the stunned look on Steven Tyler's face was hysterical.:eek:

poor guy.

:rotfl: That is hilarious!! I would have paid the seen the look on his face and the look on yours LOL!!! Man its stories like this that I live for I think those are just priceless:rotfl:

Hey Snowbirds - Good Evening to you ALL! :goodvibes Just wanted to pop in and say Hello! Gotta go put my girlies to bed! Had a talk with DH about posting photos and HE is not completely sure it is a great idea so I won't be posting photos just yet! I'll keep working on him though! Hopefully I will get the green light to post just one of myself anyway! Have a good evening, I shall do my best to check in later, before I go to bed! :)

Hi everybody! I love our new home! DD9 had a basketball game this afternoon, so I missed the switch. Her team won AND she didn't try to run away from the ball this time! We're making progress. :thumbsup2

I'm really going to have to think about posting my picture. I'm another who just isn't sure about it. :confused:

Ok, I finally figured out how to resize my photos. Here they are!

My family
100_1508-1.jpg

Me and my DH
100_1595-1.jpg

Our little princess, Madison, at the BBB
100_0110-1.jpg

Ok, let's see if I did this right - it's by date of arrival! If I made any errors, please let me know and I'll fix them.

And in honor of MamaSnowbird :worship: , I'll do it in her font:

Dec 23-Jan 14 ~ Backinoz ~ ASMo/Offsite/POP
Dec 28-Jan 3 ~ Uconn01001 ~ WL
Dec 28-Jan 10 ~ Towers5 ~ POP
Dec 30-Jan 8 ~ Ccfmioa ~ ASMo
Dec 31-Jan 11 ~ Disneysuncat ~ WL
Dec 31-Jan ??/09 ~ Mindy5648 ~ POP
Jan 1-Jan 5 ~ Maplemouse
Jan 1-Jan 7 ~ Tink1978 ~ POFQ
Jan 1-Jan 7 ~ Laumau ~ WL
Jan 1-Jan 7 ~ Momofbcs ~ POP
Jan 1-Jan 8 ~ Amytbme ~ CBR
Jan 1-Jan 9 ~ Wilsonfamilyof4 ~ SSR
Jan 2-Jan 9 ~ 4girls2sets ~ SOG
Jan 2-Jan 9 ~ My3guysinne ~ POR
Jan 2-Jan 9 ~ Parmtoo ~ FWCabins
Jan 3-Jan 9 ~ Nala87 ~ POR
Jan 3-Jan 9 ~ Bellasoleil ~ WL
Jan 3-Jan 10 ~ Mari36 ~ Offsite Orange Lake
Jan 3-Jan 11 ~ Miabellarose ~ ASMu
Jan 3-Jan 11 ~ Amreli ~ ASMu
Jan 3-Jan 11 ~ Disneyprince18 ~ AKL
Jan 3-Jan 11 ~ Snykymom ~ POP/CSR
Jan 3-Jan 15 ~ Wuzefelix ~ POP
Jan 4-Jan 10 ~ Peanut1 ~ AKL
Jan 4-Jan 10 ~ Simzac ~ OKW
Jan 4-Jan 12 ~ Missmagnolia
Jan 4-Jan 13 ~ Danceintherain ~ AKL
Jan 4-Jan 20 ~ Tigerlovinggrandma ~ POFQ
Jan 5-Jan 13 ~ Sunshine43 ~ CSR
Jan 5-Jan 16 ~ Ehm1129 ~ ASMo
Jan 6-Jan 12 ~ Mickey'sother ~ POP
Jan 6-Jan 12 ~ Kaos928 ~ POP/POR
Jan 6-Jan 12 ~ Epcotisaverb ~ POP
Jan 6-Jan 13 ~ Mindyluvsmickey ~ Poly
Jan 7-Jan 14 ~ Rhonda7011 ~ BWV/BC
Jan 7-Jan 15 ~ Missy2217 ~ SSR
Jan 7- ??? ~ Bellangel
Jan 8-Jan 16 ~ Peach3es ~ POP
Jan 8-Jan 16 ~ Nvrenoughdisney ~ SSR
Jan 8-Jan 18 ~ Rockonthemoon ~
Jan 8-Jan 20 ~ Aussieangel ~ WL
Jan 9-Jan 15 ~ Rosiep ~ CSR
Jan 9-Jan 15 ~ Crystalcastle ~ POP
Jan 9-Jan 17 ~ 2Disneygirls ~ ASMo
Jan 9-Jan 17 ~ Sarbah77 ~ POR
Jan 10-Jan 14 ~ Helenk ~ GF
Jan 10-Jan 16 ~ Mfinn126 ~ ASMu
Jan 10-Jan 16 ~ Ginaginabobina ~ POR
Jan 10-Jan 17 ~ Coffehousemom ~ ASMo
Jan 10-Jan 17 ~ Amberleigh ~ WL
Jan 10-Jan 18 ~ Ginaluvsdisney ~ POFQ
Jan 10-Jan 18 ~ Sarilas ~ ASMu
Jan 10-Jan 19 ~ Gillettes ~ POFQ
Jan 11-Jan 15 ~ Figmentfan0724
Jan 11-Jan 16 ~ Ethansmommy ~ WL
Jan 11-Jan 16 ~ Skjj2009 ~ GF
Jan 11-Jan 19 ~ Ebmouse
Jan 11-Jan 21 ~ Lovemy2boys ~ AKL
Jan 12-Jan 19 ~ Serendipity ~ AKL
Jan 12-Jan 23 ~ Fla4fun ~ BCV
Jan 12- ??? ~ Eve700
Jan 13-Jan 20 ~ Luv2scrap ~ POP
Jan 13-Jan 21 ~ Adais ~ AKL
Jan 14-Jan 18 ~ Swittner ~ POFQ
Jan 14-Jan 19 ~ Southtexm ~ OKW
Jan 15-Jan 20 ~ Disneyag08 ~ Poly
Jan 15-Jan 20 ~ Jenjolt ~ POP
Jan 16-Jan 22 ~ Clori ~ POP
Jan 16-Jan 23 ~ Tropigal ~ Offsite Orange Lake
Jan 16-Jan 24 ~ Kiteri ~ FW
Jan 16-Jan 25 ~ Mommy2emmamaddie
Jan 16-Jan 25 ~ Sherry7
Jan 16-Jan 25 ~ Manaliz ~ POP
Jan 16-Jan 26 ~ Drakes ~ ASMo
Jan 17-Jan 24 ~ Sixisenough ~ AKL
Jan 17-Jan 24 ~ Hrsmom ~ BWV
Jan 17-Jan 24 ~ Disneyspaz ~ SSR
Jan 17-Jan 24 ~ Mzeeyore ~ Offsite
Jan 17-Jan 24 ~ Jennywren ~ POP
Jan 17-Jan 31 ~ Jenkh ~ BWV/AKV
Jan 17-Jan 31 ~ Spokanemom ~ Offsite/POP/CBR
Jan 18-Jan 24 ~ Splashmtncrew ~ WL
Jan 18-Jan 25 ~ Steffali
Jan 18-Jan 28 ~ Amaley01 ~ CSR
Jan 18-Jan 30 ~ GPA1015 ~ POP
Jan 19-Jan 27 ~ Laurainsem ~ POP
Jan 19-Jan 24 ~ Tinkbyday ~ YC
Jan 19-Jan 25 ~ Wdwmaiselfamilywdw ~ POR
Jan 19-Jan 25 ~ Pluto_fan ~ SOG
Jan 19-Jan 29 ~ Northerndisneygirl ~ POFQ
Jan 19-Jan 29 ~ Tybrilinja
Jan 19-Jan 30 ~ Sharadoc ~ ASMu
Jan 20-Jan 26 ~ Dundeehunter ~ POP
Jan 20-Jan 27 ~ Melxthree ~ WL
Jan 20-Jan 29 ~ Katiebugsmom ~ OKW
Jan 21-Jan 25 ~ Heimlichfan ~ OKW
Jan 21-Jan 27 ~ Doryandnemo
Jan 21-Jan 27 ~ Momof2disneyboys ~ CBR
Jan 21-Jan 28 ~ Trixiequilts ~ AKL
Jan 21-Jan 28 ~ Minniemom09 ~ POFQ
Jan 21-Jan 28 ~ Jnykly ~ Poly
Jan 21-Jan 28 ~ Kazooie01 ~ ASMo
Jan 22-Jan 25 ~ Disneygroders ~ POFQ
Jan 22-Jan 26 ~ Fire14 ~ POP
Jan 22-Jan 26 ~ MickeyNicki ~ Poly
Jan 22-Jan 26 ~ Dklam ~ POR
Jan 22-Jan 27 ~ Distherapy ~ WL
Jan 22-Jan 28 ~ Momathome ~ POP
Jan 22-Feb 1 ~ Cinderellamom123 ~ FWCabins
Jan 23-Jan 26 ~ Eacatwork
Jan 23-Jan 26 ~ Rfrank9504 ~ POFQ
Jan 23-Jan 27 ~ Holleetigerlilly ~ POP
Jan 23-Jan 28 ~ Debbieandroo ~ ASMu
Jan 23-Jan 30 ~ Petuniamilz ~ Offsite
Jan 23-Jan 30 ~ Chime ~ CBR
Jan 23-Jan 30 ~ Carrousel35 ~ POFQ
Jan 23-Jan 30 ~ 2tinks2pirates ~ ASMu
Jan 23-Jan 30 ~ Mamaoftriplets ~ PO
Jan 23-Feb 1 ~ 3amigos
Jan 24-Jan 29 ~ Ppan77
Jan 24-Jan 30 ~ Waltdisneyworlders ~ CBR
Jan 24-Jan 31 ~ Billysmommy ~ BWV
Jan 24-Jan 31 ~ Gourmetgirl ~ WL
Jan 24-Jan 31 ~ Cheshireqt
Jan 24-Jan 31 ~ Brobrosmom ~ ASMu
Jan 24-Jan 31 ~ Monny2AE ~ ASMo
Jan 24-Jan 31 ~ Rmzlvacationers ~ ASMo
Jan 24-Jan 31 ~ Canluvpooh ~ AKV
Jan 24-Jan 31 ~ Phairest1 ~ POP
Jan 24-Jan 31 ~ Anonymousegirl ~ GF/BC
Jan 24-Jan 31 ~ Dancegrl624 ~ Offsite
Jan 24-Feb 1 ~ Disneymommy3 ~ Poly
Jan 24-Feb 1 ~ Reneedisney ~ BC
Jan 24-Feb 6 ~ Remmy ~ POP
Jan 25-Jan 30 ~ Susieq76 ~ ASMu
Jan 25-Jan 31 ~ Aleciajab
Jan 25-Jan 31 ~ Maggied
Jan 25-Feb 1 ~ Tinkerbellfan50265 ~ VWL
Jan 25-Feb 1 ~ Wish2btink ~ POR
Jan 25-Feb 1 ~ Mkhead ~ POP
Jan 25-Feb 1 ~ Natalie89 ~ AKL
Jan 26-Jan 29 ~ Eeyore ~ POFQ
Jan 26-Feb 1 ~ Star2500 ~ CR
Jan 26-Feb 5 ~ Bettydisney ~ Offsite
Jan 26-Feb 10 ~ Blestmom ~ POP
Jan 27-Feb 3 ~ Meggybear17 ~ POP
Jan 29-Jan 30 ~ Tammythetwinsmom ~ SSR
Feb 1-Feb 9 ~ Trissy ~ CBR
Feb 5-Feb 12 ~ Misty89 ~ Offsite
???-??? ~ Ajohn1990
???-??? ~ Pamouselover
???-??? ~ Jaksil

And I sure hope no one's snuck in here while I wasn't looking!! :laughing:

Good Job snykymom!!! Okay Shelly---here are my ADRs----we may have to tweak them a bit later. The Nine Dragons let the CM book, but it's pending as a ddp rest. Also, hubby is going to do Dining with an Imagineer and the CM told me tonight that it is def. 60 days out, so I'll have to wait for November!!! But--it's a lunch, so that shouldn't matter too much.

Jan 24th--probably DTD (Earl of Sandwich?)
Jan 25th-5:00 Rose & Crown
Jan 26th-2:25 Cinderella's Royal Table
Jan 27th-5:30 Le Cellier
Jan 28th-5:05 Biergarten
Jan 29th-5:00 Garden Grill
Jan 30th-5:00 Nine Dragons
Jan 31st- TBD
Feb 1st-- Depart

Other meals for these days will be CS for the parks we are traversing!!!

Wow!! Has that taken a load off my mind!! Now I know pretty much where I will be which days. I am soooo blessed to have all my dinners at dinner time!!! Now I know that several evening I can watch Wishes from my Poly beach/balconey!!!!!

I 'll probably do a Char. Breakfast at O'Hana on one of the days closer to when we leave, but that is yet to be determined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter