January 2009. . . Calling all Snowbirds ~ Part I !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm all for a post with our pictures. I know that some fellow DISers will be there at the end of January with me, and I'd love to see what they look like so I can say hi! I believe that today I am at the 4 month mark! Yea for me! :cheer2:

We have stayed there during our last two January trips and plan on staying there again this January.

It is by far the most "Disney themed " resort. It is what it is.... a value resort. Clean, the basic necessities, and a place to lay your head. If you plan on being at WDW for the parks, Movies is the place to stay. If you plan on doing more things around the resort, you'll probably want to look into a Moderate or Deluxe.

The buses are not bad if you have patience. Most of the time we never waited longer than 15-20 minutes. Typically for the MK and Epcot buses it was around a 5-10 minute wait. We have never had a problem with the noise (we stay in the Toy Story Building). There does tend to be tour groups, but they have never bothered us.

Honestly, we could stay in a cardboard box, after all we are at Disney World:thumbsup2.

"Cardboard box!" :rotfl:

Thanks so much for your feedback!!! The last two times we stayed at CB and liked it but we spend 99% of our time at the parks. This time we are trying to save a little $$$ and thought about a value instead. As long as it has a shower, toilet and bed- we should be okay. I was just worried after reading some bad reviews- thanks for helping me relax a little. :scared:

My family members live in Liverpool (where I grew up) and North Syracuse. That's so crazy that you grew up in Lockport. We live in Tonawanda. My sister's soon to be in-laws (and their extended family) all live in Lockport.

I work for Coldwell Banker in Liverpool and live about 3 miles from the Great Northern Mall... just into Oswego county.....small world....

Two questions:
1) I can see how many posts I have, but how do you see how many posts I have on a particular thread? Or the top 10? Or whatever?

2) Re New Thread: I've got this phobia about posting my picture on the net, especially with all the other ID'g info, like resort & ADRs, so I won't be doing that. But Shelley, would you like me to try to do the January Snowbirds list by date, so that we can easily see who overlaps whom? I'll be happy to put in that work!

ETA: I just made 400 posts! Does that get me a party??? :cool1:

Another milestone.....:banana: :banana: :banana: :dance3: :yay: :dance3: :yay: :banana: :banana: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Woohoo, post count #300 for Soleil! PARTY! :cool1: :yay: :dance3: :cheer2: :banana: :banana:

btw, my vote for which Aerosmith song the party band is singing is Dream On! Just cause it's my fave! :)

ooohhh-forgot about that song. I love it too!!! Do you know it's in that tv commercial with Tiger Woods? I think it's Buick--can't remember for sure..

2) Re New Thread: I've got this phobia about posting my picture on the net, especially with all the other ID'g info, like resort & ADRs, so I won't be doing that. But Shelley, would you like me to try to do the January Snowbirds list by date, so that we can easily see who overlaps whom? I'll be happy to put in that work!

Same here!! I will have to think long and hard about this!! Besides, I will have to get dh to help me post a picture if I decide to do it!! I am really riding the fence on this one!

ooohhh-forgot about that song. I love it too!!! Do you know it's in that tv commercial with Tiger Woods? I think it's Buick--can't remember for sure..

I am not so familiar with commercials..... we have a TV but don't actually watch Television, no cable or sattelite or anything so ......... we just download shows from the web or buy DVD of our Fave shows ( I own the first 5 seasons of FRIENDS) :)

I'm going to go and post on the new thread now! BYE BYE PART I :)

Hey wait!! Are ya'll leaving me? Should we finish here first or just move it over to page II? Anyone....am I alone....

"Cardboard box!" :rotfl:

Thanks so much for your feedback!!! The last two times we stayed at CB and liked it but we spend 99% of our time at the parks. This time we are trying to save a little $$$ and thought about a value instead. As long as it has a shower, toilet and bed- we should be okay. I was just worried after reading some bad reviews- thanks for helping me relax a little. :scared:

You'll like it, our children (who really run the show;)) wouldn't let us stay anywhere else! I think they know the money we save will be spent on them:lmao:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter