January 2, 2017 — 4-Night Bahamian Cruise from Port Canaveral

Manolo2121

Earning My Ears
I've gotten a surprise cruise for my two kids, Jan 2, 2017 with ( a boy 13, girl, 10 ) has me scared to death... Never done a cruise with kids and just me...

Regards from the desert southwest

Last edited:
..I have five combat tours under my belt, I've served all over the world as a soldier and a civilian, but the this surprise cruise I gotten for my two kids, Jan 2, 2016 with ( a boy 13, girl, 10 ) has me scared to death...

I don't know what to expect vis-a-vis being a single male parent... Make no mistake this is for the kids and creating memories, I just don't want to spend this entire time talking with, my albeit brilliant, children, and no other adult.

What are my options? Will the line pair me with another single parent family or am I on my own? Believe me, I can do alone with one hand tied behind my back, it's just I don't prefer to do it if I don't have to do it...

Can someone enlighten me please? Any info is greatly appreciated. Safe travels all....

All of these questions should be directed to the main cruise board. That's where general cruise questions and discussions happen. You set this thread up for your specific cruise. Some cruise meet threads don't get a lot of action, or even past cruisers, so general questions may go unanswered.

I've gotten a surprise cruise for my two kids, Jan 2, 2017 with ( a boy 13, girl, 10 ) has me scared to death... Never done a cruise with kids and just me...

I totally get you. I took my 2 girls(12,8)on our first cruise last year by myself and was nervous all the way up to the day of departure. It turned out great. There was so much to do and see. I thought I would have some down time when the kids ventured off to their respective clubs but they never went. It was such a great experience with my kids they said it was the best vacation ever. We will be on the January 2, 2017 cruise.

Coming in from the west coast, any preferences on how exactly to approach arrival to the ship? We are coming in a day early but am now considering two days early to hit the park....Thoughts?

Coming in from the west coast, any preferences on how exactly to approach arrival to the ship? We are coming in a day early but am now considering two days early to hit the park....Thoughts?

Just remember if you hit the parks before the trip, it's peak crowds. We're arriving 4-5 early, but probably will skip the parks due to crowds. If you can wait until after the cruise, the crowds might be more mangeable.

We plan to drive from Orlando the morning of cruise and get there before boarding time. I'm okay having to wait and I don't expect the best boarding time since it's our first Disney cruise.

Where in the West Coast? I'm from San Diego. We are going on this cruise with my daughter and son.

It's always a good idea to arrive AT LEAST three days before the cruise to WDW to get your disney on. One day is not enough. And yes...the busiest time of year to go to any Disney park is the week between Christmas and New Years. However, that is the only week we can go so we are going to do it...with the understanding that it will be ridiculously crowded. We are arriving 8 days before the cruise and we will be going into the parks.

If you can go to WDW after the cruise, it will be less crowded for sure. You should still plan on arriving on day before the cruise. It is never a good idea to fly on the day the cruise sails. Too many unknowns....especially during winter. What if your flight gets cancelled? You don't want to miss your sailing day!

PrincessShmoo... If we post ten messages, we can PM each other? Do I have that correct? I'd like to try to get some meets ups going...Albeit we are some time out..Am I doing this correctly?

PrincessShmoo... If we post ten messages, we can PM each other? Do I have that correct? I'd like to try to get some meets ups going...Albeit we are some time out..Am I doing this correctly?
Once you've posted 10 times, it takes the system a little time to recognize it (30-60 minutes). When it does, by clicking on someone's avatar you will see "Start a conversation" link in the next window. You can converse (privately) with up to 20 people at at time (as long as they also have 10 posts).

Once you've posted 10 times, it takes the system a little time to recognize it (30-60 minutes). When it does, by clicking on someone's avatar you will see "Start a conversation" link in the next window. You can converse (privately) with up to 20 people at at time (as long as they also have 10 posts).
Many thanks!....That's 11!

So we unfortunately had to change our cruise to March I'm glad we are still going but now we have to wait until March 2017.

We will be on this cruise and we are already in the FB group. This will be my daughter and my second cruise but my husband's first. This was booked on our first cruise on the Dream in December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter