January 18, 2016 Disney Dream

Hello! We just booked this cruise as a surprise Christmas gift for our kids! Can't wait to see everyone on board!

Hello! We just booked this cruise as a surprise Christmas gift for our kids! Can't wait to see everyone on board!
Welcome to the group! Lots of people surprising their kids, that's awesome! We've never been able to pull off a surprise, we get too excited and end up telling the kids!

Hello all! My husband (Tony) myself (Cheryl) and my 2 daughters (Izzy 13 and Lily 11) will be on this cruise. I did the same one last year and this will be our 8th Disney cruise so feel free to ask any questions you may have. Fish Extenders are a lot of fun, I ran last years group on the DIS and I would be happy to run one here, I am also very familiar with the rules on these boards and how to post and modify posts etc. So I'm happy to run things.

I should mention to some of the previous posters that the DIS rules say you can not link to exterior sites or even mention other sites where they may be running a fish extender group. However, after people sign up here they usually eventually find those exterior sites and many drop out of participating in the FE here and chatting here. That's okay though, There are usually a bunch of people who book the cruise last minute and want to participate in an FE so we will end up with enough people. Because of this though I will not close sign ups until a week before our cruise date. If you have gifts you want to start making you can just give the last minute people some sort of a last minute gift. Any questions ask away!

I will keep a running list of participants in the FE, I will need the following:

DIS Name, Traveler names, genders, ages & favorite Disney Characters for each person in your cabin, cabin #, any allergies and feel free to note any celebrations or requests

Looking forward to a great group!

Okay here goes, I'll start

DISboard name: CherylA real name:Cheryl Bunosso (F 40) fav character: Peach the starfish from Finding Nemo (2nd more common choice, Tinkerbelle) / Tony (M47) fav character: Donald/ Josie (everyone calles her "Mima") (F73) fav character Minnie Mouse, cabin #8184 TRAVELING WITH

Merry-Gail (also known as "Grammy") (F61) fav character Eeyore/ Steve (also known as "Poppie") (Male 61)/ Isabelle (aka Izzy) F13/ Lily -Female turning 11 on Cruise (Jan 20), cabin # 8186
no allergies, celebrating Lily's bday turning 11 on cruise; This is also a family trip with the grandparents and Mimas first cruise, alcohol welcomed for the adults

Cheryl, is this how I should post my families info for the fish extender? Thanks for coordinating!

Cheryl, is this how I should post my families info for the fish extender? Thanks for coordinating!

In that format is great but as long as you get all the necessary info in there that's all that matters. Please remember to check back on this thread once in a while especially in the couple weeks before the cruise in case I have any questions. See you on board!

Just wanted to say Hi, this will be my 3rd Disney Cruise but my family's first all together and my mom is coming too! My kids are huge Star Wars fans and we booked before they announced the changes to the kids area so we are all super excited!!!!

Evana Dambrowski
cabin 8158
2 adults Evana ( female 50 years old) Elouise ( female 38 years old )
Matheus ( male 13 years old ) and João Victor (male 13 years old
From Brazil

We would like to participate in Fish Extenders.

Evana Dambrowski
cabin 8158
We are 2 sisters and their respective sons
From Brazil

We would like to participate in Fish Extenders, could someone put us in the list?

I would like to join the fish extender... This is our first disney cruise so I have no idea how this works!!! We are 2 sisters and their respective sons:
Evana(50, female) Elouise(38,female)
Matheus(13,male) Joao Victor (13, male)
We are from Brazil

I would like to join the fish extender... This is our first disney cruise so I have no idea how this works!!! We are 2 sisters and their respective sons:
Evana(50, female) Elouise(38,female)
Matheus(13,male) Joao Victor (13, male)
We are from Brazil
Hi Evana! I put you on the list. Here is some info on how the fish extender works. http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-cruise-line/meets.htm If you decide at any point before the trip not to participate please post back here to let me know.

Here is the updated list! Just myself and Evana so far but we'll be more in no time!

DISboard name: CherylA real name:Cheryl Bunosso (F 40) fav character: Peach the starfish from Finding Nemo (2nd more common choice, Tinkerbelle) / Tony (M47) fav character: Donald/ Josie (everyone calles her "Mima") (F73) fav character Minnie Mouse, cabin #8184 TRAVELING WITH
Merry-Gail (also known as "Grammy") (F61) fav character Eeyore/ Steve (also known as "Poppie") (Male 61)/ Isabelle (aka Izzy) F13/ Lily -Female turning 11 on Cruise (Jan 20), cabin # 8186
no allergies, celebrating Lily's bday turning 11 on cruise; This is also a family trip with the grandparents and Mimas first cruise, alcohol welcomed for the adults

DISboard name: Evana Dambrowski
2 sisters and their respective sons From Brazil, Cabin #8158

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list pixiedust:
Have a great cruise :beach:
Also, please keep in mind the new DIS policy regarding links/directions to external sites :thumbsup2
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=52659395
Hi there! I'm brand new to the Fish Extenders, but this will be our 4th DCL cruise!!! First time with grandparents! Our cruise is 1/18/2016 on the Dream! Is there a link for that date already? Can't WAIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys!!
So excited to be sailing on the Disney Dream next January! This will be my third Disney Cruise (the first two were 7-day cruises aboard the Fantasy). I have participated in fish extender/DisBoard groups in the past and wanted to see if anyone was planning anything. If we don't do fish extenders, maybe we could just plan a meet and greet? Either way, I'm looking forward to our cruise and can't wait to meet some new Disney friends! My boyfriend and I will be celebrating his birthday this cruise. Super excited! If you have any cruise-related questions I'll be willing to help too!
Which cruise date? Our family is going on the Dream on the 18th of January. CAN'T WAIT!!! This time, we're taking the grandparents! :) It'll be our 4th as a family. We've never participated in the fish extender program, but heard about it from some fellow DCL friends. Hoping to find something like that for ours! But like you--would like to meet other people if there's a gathering! :)

Which cruise date? Our family is going on the Dream on the 18th of January. CAN'T WAIT!!! This time, we're taking the grandparents! :) It'll be our 4th as a family. We've never participated in the fish extender program, but heard about it from some fellow DCL friends. Hoping to find something like that for ours! But like you--would like to meet other people if there's a gathering! :)

Hi lkpiehl, you have found your way to the Jan 18th Disney Dream Cruise thread. I am setting up a fish extender exchange here if you wish to participate I will need the names (and ages of kids) in your group as well as your cabin numbers. If we end up with a sizable group here we may set up a meet and greet too but so far we're pretty small with not much action, things usually pick up after the holidays.

Hi lkpiehl, you have found your way to the Jan 18th Disney Dream Cruise thread. I am setting up a fish extender exchange here if you wish to participate I will need the names (and ages of kids) in your group as well as your cabin numbers. If we end up with a sizable group here we may set up a meet and greet too but so far we're pretty small with not much action, things usually pick up after the holidays.

Hi, CherylA! Thanks so much for your reply! Here are the names in our group:
Jean and Stephen Dumas (Grandma and Papa) stateroom 2004
Tom and Laura Knobel-Piehl (mom and dad) stateroom 2504 or 2506 (not sure how we'll divvy up the rooms just yet between parents/kids)
Jordan Knobel-Piehl (16) stateroom 2504 or 6
Andrew Knobel-Piehl (14) stateroom 2504 or 6
Matthew Knobel-Piehl (11 1/2) stateroom 2504 or 6

Can't wait to hear how to participate! We're totally new to the Fish Extenders so not really sure what to do. :)

Hi...I've been trying to figure out how to participate in the fish extender, because it sounds so fun. This is our first cruise and we can't wait. My family is going on the Dream January 18th. How can I add my family to the list. I've got some good ideas for gifts I want to pass around, just not sure how this all works.
Thanks for any information.

Hi, CherylA! Thanks so much for your reply! Here are the names in our group:
Jean and Stephen Dumas (Grandma and Papa) stateroom 2004
Tom and Laura Knobel-Piehl (mom and dad) stateroom 2504 or 2506 (not sure how we'll divvy up the rooms just yet between parents/kids)
Jordan Knobel-Piehl (16) stateroom 2504 or 6
Andrew Knobel-Piehl (14) stateroom 2504 or 6
Matthew Knobel-Piehl (11 1/2) stateroom 2504 or 6

Can't wait to hear how to participate! We're totally new to the Fish Extenders so not really sure what to do. :)

Great I'll add you to the list. You will need some sort of a little pocket hanger to go on the fish outside your door and you will need to make or buy some little gifts for all the other people/staterooms participating. Here are some links to some info about fish extenders. I will update our list here soon and you will be on it. Thanks for participating!

http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-cruise-line/meets.htm
http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-cruise-line/fish-extender-basics.htm
http://www.disboards.com/threads/best-fish-extender-gift-received.2919223/

Hi...I've been trying to figure out how to participate in the fish extender, because it sounds so fun. This is our first cruise and we can't wait. My family is going on the Dream January 18th. How can I add my family to the list. I've got some good ideas for gifts I want to pass around, just not sure how this all works.
Thanks for any information.
Hi Jennifer, In the post above I linked some information about the FE's. To participate you just need to post here with the names and ages of those in your travel party and your stateroom number. Then you will need to get or make a fish extender pocket and buy make little gifts to distribute to other participants onboard.

Okay great. Thank you for the information. We would love to participate.
I just wanted to see if you bought one special gift for everyone in the group or do we need multiple gifts? Will someone let us know how many and a list of the names/rooms?

Sorry for so many questions, just making sure I buy enough gifts.

We have 8 in our family.
Jennifer and Brian (mom and dad)
Garrison (age 11)
Gavin (age 8)
We are all together in stateroom 2048
Brent (Dad) and Owen (age 4) - I will get their room tomorrow
Ken and Kay (Nana and Paw Paw) - I will get their room tomorrow also

Hi there! I'm brand new to the Fish Extenders, but this will be our 4th DCL cruise!!! First time with grandparents! Our cruise is 1/18/2016 on the Dream! Is there a link for that date already? Can't WAIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for adding us!!! (Now what?) Really--I'm brand new to this. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter