January 18, 2013, A Magical 8 day western

Talked to my TA/friend a little today about the FE List and when one should split. She said it's usually up to the people on the list when to do it. She also went on to say that she was part of a group that split once into 2 groups of 12 staterooms. She found that one to be kind of a dud in the end. Her favorite was the cruise she was on that had 150 staterooms on 1 list. She said that one was really cool because even tho the gifts might not have been as specialized or pricey but there was such a volume that every time they passed their FE it was spilling over with goodies.

I'll leave it up to all of y'all, tho. Lemme know! :wave2:

I vote for keeping it all on one list. I'm not interested in pricey as much as I am in the "surprise" factor...so more often is better, imo! :)

Got you added to the list also. I'll send you the email with the link to the Google document as well. Be sure to let me know when your room assignment comes in so we can get your stateroom number listed. Welcome aboard! :wave2:

Thanks for the welcome! I received your email and I will be sure to let you know as soon as we get our stateroom assigned!!

Talked to my TA/friend a little today about the FE List and when one should split. She said it's usually up to the people on the list when to do it. She also went on to say that she was part of a group that split once into 2 groups of 12 staterooms. She found that one to be kind of a dud in the end. Her favorite was the cruise she was on that had 150 staterooms on 1 list. She said that one was really cool because even tho the gifts might not have been as specialized or pricey but there was such a volume that every time they passed their FE it was spilling over with goodies.

I'll leave it up to all of y'all, tho. Lemme know! :wave2:

I like the idea of more gifts to give and receive, so it'd be great if we could keep it all one list. This is my first time on a Disney cruise and doing a FE exchange, so any little surprise will be a treat!:thumbsup2

Thank you so much for the offer. You're so sweet. I talked to my husband and we decided to just go for the gift that will take less room. Thank you again though!! :)

You're welcome! If it gets closer to time and it starts looking like you need to ship something the offer remains open. I could do it for anyone as long as they're all staying in Galveston. I could load up the truck with boxes and make a round on the island to deliver boxes (like Santa!) the night before the cruise! Geez, I almost wish y'all would! LOL!

I vote for keeping it all on one list. I'm not interested in pricey as much as I am in the "surprise" factor...so more often is better, imo! :)

I think I'm with you!

Thanks for the welcome! I received your email and I will be sure to let you know as soon as we get our stateroom assigned!!

I like the idea of more gifts to give and receive, so it'd be great if we could keep it all one list. This is my first time on a Disney cruise and doing a FE exchange, so any little surprise will be a treat!:thumbsup2

I'm thinking 1 list, too, unless we get like 50 more people pop in over the next 2 weeks. LOL!

I just spent a couple hours scouring Pinterest for crafty ideas. Oh how I love to craft! So many ideas! Can't wait to get started!!!

Hi Sweetpea,

some of my info for the FE has changed. I now do NOT know my room number. I have changed to VGT. So, as soon as I get that info, I will pass it along to you:goodvibes. I believe everything else I gave will still be correct.

I vote for keeping one list too. I think it will be fun with alllll the people we get to deliver to:)

Jenn

Hi Sweetpea,

some of my info for the FE has changed. I now do NOT know my room number. I have changed to VGT. So, as soon as I get that info, I will pass it along to you:goodvibes. I believe everything else I gave will still be correct.

I vote for keeping one list too. I think it will be fun with alllll the people we get to deliver to:)

Jenn

Okee-dokee! I'll get you switched to VGT!

What's a typical per person budget for the FE gifts? (Gotta break the news to the hubby :love2:)

I try to keep it as inexpensive as possible vs. budgeting a specific amount per person. I'm usually more fixated on what to give as individual gifts and family gifts. I don't really look at the amount I'm spending. I just come up with the least expensive options that are realistic then start gathering supplies.

Hi Sweetpea! When you get time, could you send my email a link to the google document FE list? Thank you!! :goodvibes

I'll do that right now. :thumbsup2

Hi sweetpea! I don't know why it didn't occur to me to check my spam before I bothered you but your email was there. Thx!!!

We just booked! Me, BF and 3 year old daughter. Also, my bestie and her friend and her two kids (3 & 8 months). It's our first trip. SO excited and overwhelmed! :)

Hi sweetpea! I don't know why it didn't occur to me to check my spam before I bothered you but your email was there. Thx!!!

Oh good! Not good that my email was in your spam box but that you found it. LOL! I know I'm not the swooftest with computers so I was hoping that was the issue. I'd be clueless if it wasn't. :cutie:

We just booked! Me, BF and 3 year old daughter. Also, my bestie and her friend and her two kids (3 & 8 months). It's our first trip. SO excited and overwhelmed! :)

Welcome aboard! :wave2:

Okay....I want to try the FE too!

Stateroom # 2133
Disboards = randergrace
Email = shenelle78 @ hotmail.com (remove the spaces...only way I could post.)
Family =Me-Miranda(34), Boyfriend-Brian (38), Daughter-Jenevieve (3)

Yay. Committed now so I can get excited. (as if I'm already not)

Okay....I want to try the FE too!

Stateroom # 2133
Disboards = randergrace
Email = shenelle78 @ hotmail.com (remove the spaces...only way I could post.)
Family =Me-Miranda(34), Boyfriend-Brian (38), Daughter-Jenevieve (3)

Yay. Committed now so I can get excited. (as if I'm already not)

Well, yay! I got you added and emailed you the link to the Google document!

:cool1:

the Winegars want to do FE too...

We are Kris, Ed (mom and Dad), Jake 12 and Ben 8
our DIS name is Kriswin1
our state room is 7548
our family email is kriswinegar@consolidated.net

is that all you need?

is doing one gift per family oK? do they have to be homemade? our FE pockets are going to be homemade too. an art project for DEC.

i have another question. Bonine or Dramamine? what do kids under 12 do as Bonine does not have kids version available anymore

Just got off he Magic Thanksgiving cruise, but the deal for this cruise plus the day at WDW was too good to pass up. So I booked us on this voyage. We would love to be a part of the FE.

Stateroom # 6650
Family- DH Trey, Tanya (self), and DD Noel ( 8. )
Email-tesullivent@yahoo.com
Dis- lovedisneysincewas10

Thank you.

the Winegars want to do FE too...

We are Kris, Ed (mom and Dad), Jake 12 and Ben 8
our DIS name is Kriswin1
our state room is 7548
our family email is kriswinegar@consolidated.net

is that all you need?

is doing one gift per family oK? do they have to be homemade? our FE pockets are going to be homemade too. an art project for DEC.

Whatever you want to do for the FE gifts is fine. It's totally up to you. Got you added to the list and sent the link out to you. :wave2:

i have another question. Bonine or Dramamine? what do kids under 12 do as Bonine does not have kids version available anymore

I'm really not sure. Maybe 1/2 a Bonine? I'd call the pediatrician and ask the nurse for any recommendations they might have. :thumbsup2

Just got off he Magic Thanksgiving cruise, but the deal for this cruise plus the day at WDW was too good to pass up. So I booked us on this voyage. We would love to be a part of the FE.

Stateroom # 6650
Family- DH Trey, Tanya (self), and DD Noel ( 8. )
Email-tesullivent@yahoo.com
Dis- lovedisneysincewas10

Thank you.

Also got you added and sent you the link to the list! :wave2:

***** ATTENTION: Fish Extender Participants *****

Had an interesting suggestion brought up (Thanks, Karen! :wave2:) that I thought was definitely worth mentioning to the Fish Extender peeps out there. As you're prob'ly aware of, our group has really been growing. We're at 23 staterooms with a total of 80 people. If we elect to split this list into smaller groups it would still be optional for anyone to gift to everyone as well, not just to those on their smaller list. Does that make sense? I'm not yet suggesting a split, just puting that out there for consideration.

Maybe we can wait until the Dec. 2 cutoff to do a final vote to split or not to split. What do you think?

***** ATTENTION: Fish Extender Participants *****

Had an interesting suggestion brought up (Thanks, Karen! :wave2:) that I thought was definitely worth mentioning to the Fish Extender peeps out there. As you're prob'ly aware of, our group has really been growing. We're at 23 staterooms with a total of 80 people. If we elect to split this list into smaller groups it would still be optional for anyone to gift to everyone as well, not just to those on their smaller list. Does that make sense? I'm not yet suggesting a split, just puting that out there for consideration.

Maybe we can wait until the Dec. 2 cutoff to do a final vote to split or not to split. What do you think?

Got it! My vote is still to keep it one list. On the inaugural Alaskan cruise we had about 75 staterooms participating and it was busy but so much fun! We got new things in our FE almost every time we went back to our room! I'd love that thrill again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter