January 18, 2013, A Magical 8 day western

We just booked!!! We are so excited. We were trying to decide between this cruise and a Carnival Magic cruise but with the stop at Disney we couldn't pass this up. we have two kids. DD 12 and DS 7.

We also just booked this as our first cruise with the kids (dd 9, ds 6, ds 4) sail free offer. Am thinking it will be a surprise for Christmas (if I can wait that long to tell them!)

Hi everyone! We booked last Thrusday for this cruise and could not be more excited!! There will be my husband James, myself Nikki, and our daughters Hailey 12, Maddison 5. We have been to Disney World once about 4 1/2 years ago but this will be our first cruise ever. Our travel agent and friend told me about this forum so I thought I would check it out! Please forgive me if I am not doing this right, like I said first time here :)

Thanks!
Nikki

Yes, let's try and do that. Mine is a little shy but she wants to hang out in the clubs a little this time.

I posted this on the Facebook group but wanted to post it over here as well so we can get everyone onboard for a Fish Extender group.

I'm currently laying out the document in Google docs. Once I have some substance to the document I'll post a link for everyone. I'm really if-y with spreadsheets so it's a learning experience. I'm using a FE list I was part of but was created/maintained by another person as my "model" so bear with me.

I know I previously mentioned info needed. I also need the Disboards username (if you have one), first names of all the participants, and an email address for each family.

For example, my family's info would look like this:

Stateroom # 2111
Disboards = sweetpee_1993
Email = sweetpee_1993@yahoo.com
Family = DW/Kelly, DH/Tracey, DS/Chandler/16 yo, & DS/Brian/15 yo

If you are uncomfortable posting your email address you can email or message it to me. My email is sweetpee_1993@yahoo.com. Please put "1/18 Magic FE" in the subject line so I don't delete your email when cleaning out the junk. I get hundreds of emails every day, most just junk. :D

If you have any questions feel free to ask! Looks like we have a nice group going here!!! Yaaaaaayyy!!! It really does make the adventure that much sweeter when you arrive already "knowing" some of your cruise-mates. :goodvibes

I would totally be into doing the FE!! It would be my first time, so would have to get busy on it (although already have the FE itself:D)

My info for it is as follows:

Name: Jenn Green
Stateroom: #7565
email: jenn.green79@gmail.com
Dining: second
Family: Meeee (33)
Disboards: MedicGoofy

Looking forward to this:banana::banana:

MedicGoofy said:
I would totally be into doing the FE!! It would be my first time, so would have to get busy on it (although already have the FE itself:D)

My info for it is as follows:

Name: Jenn Green
Stateroom: #7565
email: jenn.green79@gmail.com
Dining: second
Family: Meeee (33)
Disboards: MedicGoofy

Looking forward to this:banana::banana:

Gotcha added! I'll email out the link to everyone this evening. :)

Hi there! :wave2:

Family of four coming aboard for our fourth Disney Cruise! We just booked today and we are so excited!!!

We would love to participate in the FE exchange, we did it last time and my boys LOVED IT! Here is our info:

Stateroom # 6114
Disboards = couturegirl
Email = ebaycouture@aol.com
Family = Me: Diane, DH: John DS: Sean (8) and DS: Jack (5)...although it will be Jack's 6th birthday on the day we are at Disney World! :)

:yay:

We need to establish a cut-off date for joining the Fish Extender Exchange / List. With the holidays falling within our last 30 days before cruising I feel like it's more appropriate to move the date up just a bit so people can realistically get their gifts finalized for everyone on the list. That said, I feel like Sunday, Dec. 2 would be a good day to call our "cut off". Any objections?

sweetpee_1993 said:
We need to establish a cut-off date for joining the Fish Extender Exchange / List. With the holidays falling within our last 30 days before cruising I feel like it's more appropriate to move the date up just a bit so people can realistically get their gifts finalized for everyone on the list. That said, I feel like Sunday, Dec. 2 would be a good day to call our "cut off". Any objections?

Sounds perfect! Thanks for all the hard work you will be doing!!

So this will be a first Disney cruise, and I was wondering if we bring one gift per person or multiple little gifts.

That's the beauty of the Fish Extender, there's no rules! You can do 1 gift per stateroom, 1 gift per person, 1 gift per person per night, 1 gift per stateroom per night, 50 little gifts, etc. etc. It's up to you. There's no set schedule or rules. The only thing is you might want to hold off delivering any gifts until maybe around dinner or later on the first night so you have had a chance to receive word of any stateroom # changes. Don't worry, I'll handle that. :thumbsup2

In the past I've tried to do at least 1 or 2 gifts as stateroom gifts. Then I try to do at least 1 or 2 gifts per person. I've delivered the gifts in 2 waves before (like the stateroom gift 1 night and the per person gifts another night) and I've done them all at once before. It's fun! Hubby loves doing the gift delivery! I think it makes him feel like a little Christmas elf. LOL! We usually fix ourselves a nice adult beverage in our tumblers then carry that with us. So if you see 2 people with straw tumblers carrying sacks of treasure and giggling it might be us. LOL! In May we actually made the boys help us. That was fun. We made the oldest help carry stuff, gave a map to the youngest to be our navigator, and I carried the list to check off. That was FUN!!!

December 2nd is fine for us! Wracking my brain trying to figure out what to get everyone! :) Anyone know of a webpage with a list of possible good FE gifts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter