January 12, 2013 Eastern on the Fantasy

Thanks for the reminders, E2ME2! I almost forgot to call my credit card company. We're not on Facebook, but are looking forward to the Meet & Greet at 3:00 on Saturday.

3 days and counting until we set out! We are so excited, but I'm getting the nervous jitters :-)

Any last minute tips from you veterans? We are not only new cruisers, but first Disney experience as well :goodvibes

Pack a day bag for when you board the ship with swimsuits and dinner clothes, especially if you have the early seating. Your luggage should be at your room before dinner, but it is so much easier to find this way. By the time you do the safety drill and sail away, it leaves little time to get ready for early dinner.

Don't forget the autograph books, no matter the age of your kids, they will want an autograph (my dd14 still does).

Bring highlighters to use on your Navigators, we sit down and highlight the things that we want to do each day at breakfast. Relax and have fun, you are on a Disney cruise!

We also have a ds9, who loves the kids club.

Last, relax, you are on a Disney cruise, have fun!

Thanks for all the tips! I had certainly missed a few of your suggestions on my "packing" list!

Can't wait to be onboard! :dance3:

I'm crunching things into my luggage!:goodvibes

36 Hours until we head to the Airport.:banana:

C U ALL OnBoard :cool1:

GO RAVENS!:happytv:

Weighed all the luggage , and we should be well within the limits for Southwest.
Loaded most of the bags in the SUV already.
Plan to do Breakfast & Bank in the morning, and head to airport around 11:30:cool1:

C U ALL SOON!:wave2:

We got back Sun night. What a cruise!!! Loved Old San Juan! We toured Castillo San Cristobal on our own and used the free tram. It was very easy and really economical at $3/pp entry fee.

We also visited Magens Bay Beach on our own. Felt the condition of the beach had changed compared to what it once was years ago. Had a little disagreement with the team managing the chair and float rentals. We questioned their insistence we disclose our stateroom number, etc... even if leaving a cash deposit. they also stated they would need an imprint of our card if paying by credit - and still rrequired our stateroom #. We declined on both and walked away.

Felt the seas were rough travelling to and from the islands but we're not winter cruisers so we have nothing to really compare this to for January weather.

Spent the Sat we disembarked at Disneyworld and stayed one night at Art of Animation in the Little Mermaid section. We visited the Studiios on Sat and had to leave it was sooooo crowded. In fact both Sat and Sun this past weekend seemed to be peak attendance. Will have to remember this in the future.

Hope everyone enjoyed the cruise!!

We had a great time on this cruise too. For those who played FE, thank you so much for all the gifts. The kids loved checking their "mailbox" every time they came back to their room.:)

We decided to book another Eastern cruise to St. Maartin the same time next year. It was so nice to get out of cold Wisconsin for a week. Although this week is much colder in the below zeros---brrrr. At least it will make Jan. go by faster.:goodvibes

I hope everyone had a great cruise!

Vicki

We had a great time on this cruise too. For those who played FE, thank you so much for all the gifts. The kids loved checking their "mailbox" every time they came back to their room.:)

We decided to book another Eastern cruise to St. Maartin the same time next year. It was so nice to get out of cold Wisconsin for a week. Although this week is much colder in the below zeros---brrrr. At least it will make Jan. go by faster.:goodvibes

I hope everyone had a great cruise!

Vicki

Oh yeah Brooke loved that! When we were in the room, she constantly check it!

She had a blast with Stephanie too!

Oh yeah Brooke loved that! When we were in the room, she constantly check it!

She had a blast with Stephanie too!

Stephanie really enjoyed getting together with Brooke too. It sounds like they had a lot of fun together!

Yes, Thank you to all who participated in the FE Gift exchange. We apprciate Everything that was given to us, and we hope you all loved your full sized Canadian Chocolate Bars!
I've been sneaking treats that were given, into my sons lunch box this week. He loves it! The keychains we got, he's attaching all of them to his back pack :)
Our weather here since being back has been awful. A Real Cold Snap, with temps during the day with wind chill, at -39 celcius BRRRRR. My son did an experiment with his dad last night that we saw on our local news. What happens when you throw boiling water from a jug, into the frigid freezing air here? It turns into instant SNOW and Steam! No water falls to the ground, just light fluffy snow, and massive amount of steam rises from it. Brrrr, just take me back to the Caribbean!!!

Enjoyed sailing with you all, on this cruise.
My Mickey Mouse dressed as a Raven brought us good luck.
(Had him with us at ESPN-at WDW for the Patriots game, also)

Remember being delayed when leaving Castaway Cay:confused3
It was because one of the guests in the Concierge suites died on Castaway Cay. He was with a party of 41 people, and they occupied 10 of the Concierge suites.
(We found out that night, in the Concierge lounge, when we were asking Kemisha, Alice, & PJ, about our delay):sad1:

WOW - You never know

The cruise was great. We really like the design and construction of the FANTASY. All the appointments were fist class. I loved the multiple dining rooms. & the entertainment was top notch.:thumbsup2
Hope to see you on a Disney cruise in the future.

GO RAVENS!!

Remember being delayed when leaving Castaway Cay:confused3
It was because one of the guests in the Concierge suites died on Castaway Cay. He was with a party of 41 people, and they occupied 10 of the Concierge suites.
(We found out that night, in the Concierge lounge, when we were asking Kemisha, Alice, & PJ, about our delay):sad1:

Yes, we learned this was why we were delayed as well. I watched Officers leaving the ship and getting into a golf cart then heading out to the Island. Very sad for this to have happened, and really feel terrible for his family. So very sad.

Someone made a graphic for this cruise with the date?

Does anyone know where I can get a template like that?

Thanks!

We are so ready for this cruise! yay can not wait,
2 sons, 1 daughter and their spouses and 2 grand sons.
I will be a trip of a lifetime. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter