Jan '12 It's Cold, Let's Go to Disney!!(NEW 3/27 EP, DHS, AK & Pouts)

We came back from WDW on Sunday and are still glowing from our wonderful trip! God blessed us in so many ways and I'm very excited to share them with my Disney friends.

Right now I'm working on my photopass pictures and hope to get them out soon so I can start my TR.

<sniff> my siggie looks so much more empty now <sniff>

However, DH just said today that he is open to us going back to WDW before January, since we have our APs and it's getting easier to travel with DD2 being a little more independent and DD6 helping us out more!:yay::dance3::woohoo:

Stay tuned...popcorn::

We came back from WDW on Sunday and are still glowing from our wonderful trip! God blessed us in so many ways and I'm very excited to share them with my Disney friends.

Right now I'm working on my photopass pictures and hope to get them out soon so I can start my TR.

However, DH just said today that he is open to us going back to WDW before January, since we have our APs and it's getting easier to travel with DD2 being a little more independent and DD6 helping us out more!:yay::dance3::woohoo:

Oh I can hardly wait to hear about it.

And yay DH!!

I'm so excited to hear about your trip! Too bad we didn't get to see you there :( We went to the Dance Party last Monday, but only stayed for a few minutes, because the girls wanted to hit MK again before we left. We did do the characterpalooza before, but we only stayed until about 5:30 so we could see Beauty and the Beast. They had an extra dance party the week before when the President was in town, so maybe my girls were all partied out :confused3

I'm curious to see how you liked OKW! Wasn't the weather amazing? It makes such a difference! Our trip this year was so much better than last year's January trip! With your AP's I'd make at least a couple more trips ;) May for Flower and Garden, and October for Food and Wine and MNSSHP :rotfl:

Welcome Home Marshay!!!

I can't wait to hear all about your trip

Yay to DH :cool1:

Welcome Back Marsha! Can't wait to hear about your trip and yay for DH saying you can go back again before January :goodvibes

I'm looking forward to the trip report! I don't think I'll be able to do a report right away, but I'd like to get back to it if possible. I still want to write up my London/Paris trip...

:cool1: :cool1: Can't wait to read all about it!!! :cool1: :cool1:

Thanks for joining!!:goodvibes

I'm so excited to hear about your trip! Too bad we didn't get to see you there :( We went to the Dance Party last Monday, but only stayed for a few minutes, because the girls wanted to hit MK again before we left. We did do the characterpalooza before, but we only stayed until about 5:30 so we could see Beauty and the Beast. They had an extra dance party the week before when the President was in town, so maybe my girls were all partied out :confused3

I'm curious to see how you liked OKW! Wasn't the weather amazing? It makes such a difference! Our trip this year was so much better than last year's January trip! With your AP's I'd make at least a couple more trips ;) May for Flower and Garden, and October for Food and Wine and MNSSHP :rotfl:

I was really bummed we didn't see you. We all took naps prior to the 7pm dismeet and had a slow start...so only got there about 7:15pm. I did meet 3 others there so that was cool.

We ended up staying the whole time for character palooza -- so many great characters come out!

Without giving too much away ;), Disney DVC is still the best decision we have made in a long time!! Disney knows how to do resorts! However, I can easily see how a stay at OKW can be anywhere from frustrating to wonderful! More on that later!

If we could afford the time away from school, I'd definitely go more often!! I'm actually thinking about going in the summer with just the girls and having DH meet us there, since he can't take as much time off of work...

Welcome Home Marshay!!!

I can't wait to hear all about your trip

Yay to DH :cool1:

Thanks! I'm looking for a 4 (or maybe 5) day trip or maybe a longer trip w/just me and the girls.

Welcome Back Marsha! Can't wait to hear about your trip and yay for DH saying you can go back again before January :goodvibes

thanks! That Art of Animation resort looks incredible!

I'm looking forward to the trip report! I don't think I'll be able to do a report right away, but I'd like to get back to it if possible. I still want to write up my London/Paris trip...

Ooh, so exciting you went to London and Paris!!

Welcome back...get wait to hear all about your trip...I have to start my TR for our Jan trip too...:thumbsup2

Thanks! I will definitely be back on your TR. Can't wait to hear all about it, esp as that's the week we are going next year!

I'm looking forward to reading your tr! I have a 6 yr old dd too. :)

I can't believe your almost 3 yr old is about the same height as my 4.5 yr old - he was JUST tall enough for Splash Mt!

First -- I am extremely sorry for the long wait (a month later!!!) I finally finished my photopass pictures last week. What was really funny is that in the past I have just done it within a few days/week. However, this time since I was much slower, Disney Photopass kept adding Bonus Photos to my account...so I ended up getting a lot more of the "stock" photos -- in fact, when I called, they said I already had all of the bonus content available! Yay!

Second -- dara -- welcome to the TR! It is certainly an adventure having tall children! Elizabeth (my youngest) actually rode Goofy's Barnstormer at 1yo!!

[/B]Off to Florida!!

Back on January 19, 2012, we took Rachel to school for a 1/2 day and then picked her up around 11:45am. Again, Jerry was not finished packing, but we were a LOT further along and were able to leave by noon. This time we decided to skip McDonalds and just purchase food at the train station. The thought was good (why not eat while we are waiting for the train) but the execution left something to be desired (dry, expensive sandwiches). Next time I may try to pack our own sandwiches to save some money.
Tuna Salad Sandwich, Ginger Ale and a bag of Bugles (approx 2 servings) were $12.25!!

As we walked into the station we realized this was going to be a very different trip. There were NO kids!! I should have realized this when the movie was "Breakfast at Tiffanys". Oh well, Rae/Elie found a quiet corner where Amtrak had some markers and they colored while eating some lunch. The train was packed with "Snow Birds" -- those elderly people who travel south for the winter. Our family felt sooooooo out of place! Now some of the people were really nice and I could tell they loved kids/grandkids ... but some of them were the 'grumpy old men' (and women) who I could just tell were going -- crap, I hope those kids aren't in my car!:eek:
IMG_0377.jpg

Off to board the train.
IMG_0381.jpg

(Now that picture above is actually a cardboard cut out of the train (about 18 inches) but I thought it looked really good.

Lessons we learned in the past were to go to the Lounge car as soon as you board...and we did, getting one of the very last booths available. This worked out great and we brought toys for the girls to play with this time. The main game was Disney Yahtzee, which helped put us in the mood even more!

Rachel and me
IMG_0383.jpg

Jerry and Elie
IMG_0384.jpg

As you can see the colors for this trip were Purple and Brown.

We ate the usual snacks -- crackers, cheese, veggies, fruit ... and I had a glass or eight of wine ;););)
IMG_0388.jpg

Which really put me in a relaxed mood
IMG_0385.jpg

We had a very pleasant conversation with the people in the other booth and stayed in the lounge car until 4:30pm. Then we went back to our room and let the girls play a bit before dinner.
IMG_0390.jpg

5pm came and we were not hungry, so we waited until the 2nd dinner bell call and off we went through the train cars to the dining car. As you can see there isn't much room ... which is a good thing when the car goes bumpity-bump!
IMG_0391.jpg

Here is the menu.
IMG_0394.jpg

And here is the table set up:
IMG_0395.jpg

I still was not hungry since I ate a lot of snacks/wine earlier but ordered the salmon. It was ok. The beef has always been tasty in the past and I should have stuck with that.

They had a chocolate Tort for dessert and I gobbled that up!

Jerry and Rachel
IMG_0397.jpg

Then we went back to our rooms to brush our teeth/potty/put on PJs for the girls and take our evening walk. This time Rachel and I found a "secret" lounge car booth - pretty cool for a large group. It was located underneath the regular lounge car.

Rachel got Tiana (her 2nd favorite princess) for Christmas.
IMG_0404.jpg

I ended up talking to Conductor Steve in this booth section for a bit (very nice) and then we headed back to our room. I grabbed a couple of cookies and some hot chocolate on the way.

We went to bed early.

Around 3am, Elie fell between the crack of her bed and mine and cried as she didn't realize where she was. We woke up at 6:15am but lounged around until 6:45am and had breakfast at 7am.

All in all a good first day!:goodvibes

YAY...You started!!!

Glad train ride was still fine with snowbirds :laughing:

That other lounge looks cool :goodvibes

That cardboard train looked so real

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter