Jambo or Kidani for us?

tmk0730

Mouseketeer
Hello! We will be spending two nights at AKL before our week long stay at BCV in August.
We have two children ages 3 and 6. Do you have pros/cons between Kidani or Jambo? Thanks!!!
:thumbsup2

I would say Jambo. The fact that it has 2 restaurants is awesome. Seems like there is much more to do there for a family. Some like the pool better at Kidini but you can grab a bus, shuttle or just walk over to it.

What type of room are you staying in? The 1 bedrooms at Kidani have 2 full bathrooms while at Jambo there is only 1 bathroom in the 1 bedrooms. Plus the pool area at Kidani has a great water area for kids.

We are staying at Jambo for 1 night before moving to BWV. We choose Jambo because we don't plan to pick up groceries before moving, so being close to the food court and other areas was important to us. I would only stay at Kidani if I was staying longer and buying groceries.

We just stayed two nights at Kidani last week after 6 nights at SSR. This was our 2nd stay there. We were only in a studio this time...last time a 2 br. Both trips we had a SV..... HOWEVER.........this time...OUR ROOM WAS quite the haul from the lobby area. Our SV was not the main SV that we had last time. Not as scenic. My husband called it the "low rent district". ;) We were almost on the end. Last time we requested close to the lobby and we were lobby level....not too far from the laundry room. This time we were lobby level....opposite side....NO WHERE NEAR THE LOBBY. We were past the last elevator to the garage.

I love the set up better at Kidani for 1 and 2 br....extra bathroom and sleeper chair...but Jambo house has the better gift shop and the quick service. If you stay a Kidani....I would request CLOSE TO LOBBY. :) I like AKV but only as a split stay....would not want to do my entire trip there.

Thanks for the insight everyone. We will be in a studio since it's only 2 nights. I think I'm leaning toward Jambo since we won't get a full grocery order until we move to our 1 bdrm at BCV. If we wanted to try the pool at Kidani how far of a walk is it from Jambo?

Thanks! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the insight everyone. We will be in a studio since it's only 2 nights. I think I'm leaning toward Jambo since we won't get a full grocery order until we move to our 1 bdrm at BCV. If we wanted to try the pool at Kidani how far of a walk is it from Jambo?

Thanks! :thumbsup2

You can also hop a bus to Kidani. In August it might feel like a LONG WALK. LOL I walked it on this trip....it's not far...but on a hot Aug. day it might be too long.

Jambo if you want a resort with restaurant options, a huge lobby and lots to do. Kidani if you want to walk all day, enjoy a lobby the size of a living room and don't care about restaurants (while Sanaa was good, it's not counter service which comes in handy with kids). I know people say you can go back and forth, and you can, but with little kids in tow we didn't find it convenient. The walk to the shuttle from our room, waiting for the shuttle, getting over to Jambo and getting two sandwiches and then returning via shuttle to our room took me 50 minutes round trip. Not my idea of fun.

IMO, the only advantage to Kidani was that its the first pickup for the park buses so you don't have to fight for a seat.

I know some people love Kidani but it was not for us. To each their own, that's what makes DVC interesting. Conversely I really liked Jambo.

We also just got back from a four night stay at Kidani. We stayed in a SV studio and while a ways from the lobby we had a nice view and saw animals every morning. However, with little ones and little or no groceries, I'd have to suggest Jambo. Even though any bus (except DTD) will go from Kidani to Jambo it's still not as handy as staying at Jambo.
For us, however, Kidani seems to suit our needs.
Enjoy whichever choice you make.

For kids that young I would chose Kidani. The Kidani resort has a better children's water play area. They also have the DVC rec room which has crafts, games and other activities to the kids.

You can also hop a bus to Kidani. In August it might feel like a LONG WALK. LOL I walked it on this trip....it's not far...but on a hot Aug. day it might be too long.

Can you walk down the hallway at Kidani toward Jambo and exit there or do you have to exit closer to the lobby and then walk outside?

thanks!

Can you walk down the hallway at Kidani toward Jambo and exit there or do you have to exit closer to the lobby and then walk outside?

thanks!
I've heard of people taking the last elevator in Kidani (which is not at the end of Kidani) for a shorter outside walk. It takes you into the parking garage and through a bit of Kidani parking lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter