Jaime's Illustrative Sojourn of Gastronomical Endeavors 4 (Shots of Food I Ate)

Eclair, creme brulee, and Napoleon:
232323232%7Ffp4%3Enu%3D3235%3E588%3E%3A%3A%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D3232373%3A%3A7%3A43nu0mrj

Pork

232323232%7Ffp5%3Enu%3D3235%3E588%3E%3A%3A%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D3232373%3A%3A7%3A45nu0mrj

Cannoli
232323232%7Ffp3%3Enu%3D3235%3E588%3E%3A%3A%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D3232373%3A%3A5439nu0mrj

This was another Happiest Celelbration desserts... something about vanilla and flan? :confused:

232323232%7Ffp3%3Enu%3D3235%3E588%3E%3A%3A%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D3232373%3A%3A7%3A46nu0mrj

Chocolate Mousse:
232323232%7Ffp5%3Enu%3D3235%3E588%3E%3A%3A%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D3232373%3A%3A543%3Anu0mrj

NOW A STORY ABOUT THIS MEAL...

We check in, everyone rotates to the bathroom, and I happily sit and watch the Italian men who were seating people. Aaaaahhh.. so happy. So pretty. Even if the food here was awful, I’d still show up for the waiters... Franchesco and Diego, I miss you already!

We’re seated in a little room in the back that I didn’t even know was there! And we had a beautiful waitress, cannot remember her name, but she was just lovely. We told her we were on the dining plan, and she explained our choices (basically anything on the menu – 1 appetizer, 1 entree, 1 dessert, and 1 non-alcoholic beverage each. Duh. We knew that.)

I went with Misto di Insalate dell 'Orto - a salad of wild greens with sweet grape tomatoes and our Italian raspberry vinaigrette dressing - $5.95, Le Originali Fettuccine all'Alfredo - Our world famous creation invented in our parent restaurant in Rome in the early 1900s. Homemade egg noodles tossed in a special butter and parmigiano cheese $18.50

Rhonda went with Misto di Insalate dell 'Orto - a salad of wild greens with sweet grape tomatoes and our Italian raspberry vinaigrette dressing - $5.95, Filetto di Bue al Gorgonzola - grilled beef tenderloin wrapped in bacon and topped with imported Gorgonzola cheese with a sherry wine sauce and served with rosemary roasted potatoes and fresh vegetables, served medium rare. $28.95

Sandy had Alfredo's Famous Caesar Salad - Romaine lettuce tossed in home made Caesar dressing and topped with smoked bacon and our own paper thin herbed crouton $6.95, Ossobuco di Maiale in Gremolata - slow roasted pork shank in a sauce of demiglace, porcini mushroom, barbera wine, tomato and gremolata served with rosemary roasted potatoes and fresh vegetables $27.95

And Ruth had Mozzarella alla Caprese - Vine ripe red and yellow tomatoes with fresh bufala mozzarella imported from the Naples region with virgin olive oil, and fresh basil $10.50, lasanga (I can’t find a price on that one right now)

I think the beverages were 2 coke and 2 iced teas. I have to see if Rhonda still has the bill.

Now, the strangest moment I have EVER had in Disney: When the entrees were brought out, the first 2 out were Sandy’s pork and Ruth’s lasagna. Rhonda and I had nothing in front of us – NOTHING – on our side of the table and the busboy comes over with the cheese. (Aaaah, the busboy, pretty enough to be a waiter, if you ask me.) He looks straight at me, and only at me for the entire exchange, and says, “Cheese?” THERE’S NO FOOD IN FRONT OF ME!!!

I am lost in his dreamy eyes for a few seconds and finally respond with a sensuous, provocative, “Huh?” To which the hunk of his village, I’m sure, replies, “Come. I will take you away and make spectacular love to you over and over again.” Except it sounds like, “Cheese?”

THERE’S NO FOOD IN FRONT OF ME!!!

Trying desperately to FOCUS and stop thinking about rolling around on a bed covered with parmesan with this man, I come to and say, “Oh! Cheese? On her lasagna? {pointing to Ruth} Ruth, do you want cheese on your lasagna?” Yes, she does. And he puts cheese on her lasagna (and in my head is still rolling around in it...)

He leaves and we’re all a little dumbstruck. Did that just happen? We decide “cheese” might be the only English word he’s learned so far, but none of us would kick him out of bed, so that’s ok. I crown myself General Cheese – if you want cheese the rest of the trip, you have to ask me first! Then something else weird happens...

Ruth asks for a glass of water from the waitress. Rhonda sees the waitress tell a busgirl to bring the water. The busgirl comes out of the kitchen with a tray of 4 water glasses (we only needed 1), looks around, then takes the tray back into the kitchen. She comes out a minute later, still carrying the tray of 4 water glasses, looks around, and goes back into the kitchen again. By this point, Rhonda is laughing. She comes out without the tray, and as she goes past, Ruth asks for the water again.

She goes back into the kitchen (probably very relieved to finally know WHERE the water goes), comes back out with the tray of 4 water glasses, and proceeds PAST Ruth to bring ME the water! We decide Ruth is invisible and I will have to make sure she gets food and beverage the whole trip!

Appetizers:

from the top - onion rings, fried cheese, shrimp cocktail, trout dip.
232323232%7Ffp5%3Enu%3D3235%3E588%3E%3A%3A%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D3232373%3A%3A7%3A58nu0mrj

Being force-fed peas:

232323232%7Ffp3%3Enu%3D3235%3E588%3E%3A%3A%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D3232373%3A%3A7%3B47nu0mrj

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter