Jade Goody Update....

I agree, it's very tasteless

This has been advertised on TV too. The media has behaved like vultures over this poor woman. It's obviously a ploy to be the 'first' tribute but they really should have the decency to wait until it is proper to release this sort of publication. They obviously don't want to wait and risk sharing their profits with other similar publications. What sort of society are we living in?:sad2:

This has been advertised on TV too. The media has behaved like vultures over this poor woman. It's obviously a ploy to be the 'first' tribute but they really should have the decency to wait until it is proper to release this sort of publication. They obviously don't want to wait and risk sharing their profits with other similar publications. What sort of society are we living in?:sad2:

Hang on here, lets not blame the press. Her and her family have used the media for their own ends - banking a lot of cash in the process - who how can they be called vultures.

The newspapers will make very little if anything out of this. They have a hard core of readers who buy the papers whatever the news. OK magazine might make a bit but again they have a hardcore of readers.

And as for the comment 'what sort of society are we living in' that works both ways. There is an obsession by many in this country with knowing every sordid detail of what so called celebrities are doing. These same people dont know these so called celebrities including Jade Goody but everyone is getting so upset by what is going on.

It is a shame that people dont take more interest in what is happening in this country ie people struggling to find work and to make ends meet, people living on the breadline, children being exploited - the list is endless

No lets show concern for someone who we dont know, who has been a so called 'celebrity' for a few years and made lots of money out of those few years.

Thats what is wrong with society!

Hang on here, lets not blame the press. Her and her family have used the media for their own ends - banking a lot of cash in the process - who how can they be called vultures.

The newspapers will make very little if anything out of this. They have a hard core of readers who buy the papers whatever the news. OK magazine might make a bit but again they have a hardcore of readers.

And as for the comment 'what sort of society are we living in' that works both ways. There is an obsession by many in this country with knowing every sordid detail of what so called celebrities are doing. These same people dont know these so called celebrities including Jade Goody but everyone is getting so upset by what is going on.

It is a shame that people dont take more interest in what is happening in this country ie people struggling to find work and to make ends meet, people living on the breadline, children being exploited - the list is endless

No lets show concern for someone who we dont know, who has been a so called 'celebrity' for a few years and made lots of money out of those few years.

Thats what is wrong with society!

I actually agree with you to a certain extent. I think the press is feeding this public 'need' to know every detail. I also feel that people should not 'grieve' for someone they did not know but I do think it is possible to have compassion for a stranger.

As for Jade and her family - she has made no secret of the fact that he wants to make money from her situation to secure the future of her two sons - what is wrong with that?

I disagree that the 'newspapers will make very little' money out of this - on the contrary, her image and stories about her will increase their circulation considerably.

Whatever you think of 'celebrity' and Jade Goody in particular, she is still a young mother whose life has been cut short by a cruel illness - I don't see anything wrong with showing concern for someone who is dying.:confused3

I agree it is very tasteless i feel for her and any one that has cancer i lost a grand parent to cancer but normal every day people have terminal cancer with chidren i understand she wants whats best for her kids they still have their dad who is in TV i think she has sold it very well to be honest patric swasey is ill with cancer you dont hear from him he is getting on and enjoying his life he has left with his kids personaly if i had kids and died when they were still young as long as they were loved and fed thats all that matters to me you cant go out with out hearing about it or watch tv how will her two small boys escape being reminded every minute their mum died its disgusting and any one that is buying it to keep the demand of reading about is sickening

I don't want to read about all the details and don't buy papers however the girl is dying and if this is the way she wants to deal with it than who is anyone to judge, the boys don't need the money however she must feel that this is the only thing left she can do for them now she is no longer going to be there for them, I couldn't even begin to imagine being in the position of knowing you can't be there for your children when they need you, I think that is what upsets people, they feel empathy about the position not grieve. Patrick Swayze doesn't have any kids.

I feel so much for Jade and her family........I don't want to read about it all as I find it too upsetting with Eve having lost her Dad, last year, when she was only 9.....:sad2:

As a result of my not wanting to read everything I have to admit to having no idea whether the boys need more money - I know that money will never bring their Mum back but it will, I hope, help make their life a little more fun and, if Jade feels that it's the only thing she can do for them right now.......Who's to say what emotions they're all experiencing? :grouphug:

As a cancer nurse I met many young families dealing with the loss of a parent and each and everyone dealt with it in a different manner :grouphug:

RIP Jade

deepest sympathy to jades family and friends

x

I do feel very sorry for the boys, losing their mother at such an early age must be terrible.

However, I think it's a bit rich of the family to NOW come out and make a statement that they want to greive in private. By hiring Max Clifford they have manipulated the British public into thinking that this woman (a confirmed racist) is some kind of modern day saint and have profiteered greatly from all the press coverage. To now come out and effectively say "leave us alone" just smacks of double standards.

More disturbing i've heard some rumours that she actually died midweek and the news has been delayed to profit from Sunday papers/Mothering Sunday. For anyone else, I would dismiss this immediately. However, with Jade Goody and her family it seems anything is possible.

I do feel very sorry for the boys, losing their mother at such an early age must be terrible.

However, I think it's a bit rich of the family to NOW come out and make a statement that they want to greive in private. By hiring Max Clifford they have manipulated the British public into thinking that this woman (a confirmed racist) is some kind of modern day saint and have profiteered greatly from all the press coverage. To now come out and effectively say "leave us alone" just smacks of double standards.

More disturbing i've heard some rumours that she actually died midweek and the news has been delayed to profit from Sunday papers/Mothering Sunday. For anyone else, I would dismiss this immediately. However, with Jade Goody and her family it seems anything is possible.

I do wonder about her mother's motives and behaviour. However, considering the start in life Jade had, it is miraculous that she turned out as well as she did. I think Jade's popularity had a lot to do with the fact that she was fallible - she was certainly not a 'saint'. I feel a great deal of sympathy for her two children, now left without a mother who evidently loved them with all of her heart.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!