Jack Skellington - New Pictures added!

I want one! I know my bf will murder me if I even asked him to build me one ... but oh man, I want to file this away.

^ that's pretty cool

Here are some pictures. I will post him all finished and in the yard tonight. This first one is his first day in the yard. I hadn't finished painting the tie yet, but I figured he was still good enough for the day.

F0D15684-DB28-4FFD-AE0A-44BC422B2D74-1947-000000EF488BF0FA.jpg

This one is of his tie completely painted, but he's not standing, just sitting on my couch. :)

73E2140F-AF93-454D-A737-289BCDE5A63B-1947-000000EF3C44BBB7.jpg

Great job Melanie! You could definitely sell those! The fog and the pumpkin "hidden Mickey" are a nice touch :thumbsup2 I think you should have him sit on your couch the rest of the year! :goodvibes

Great job Melanie! You could definitely sell those! The fog and the pumpkin "hidden Mickey" are a nice touch :thumbsup2 I think you should have him sit on your couch the rest of the year! :goodvibes

I've had a few people asking to buy one. If only wish it wasn't illegal.

He also has a Hidden Mickey on his shoe. I painted the Mickey with black light stuff so it's invisible in regular light. I took a picture, I'll have to post it sometime. I actually took a bunch of other pictures I still need to post.

For the couch picture, I had to use a pillow to prop him up because he only has straight legs and so he didn't have then on. I actually bought stuff to make him legs that are bent at the knee so he can live on my couch all year. I just think it would be funny when people come to visit to have Jack sitting there. :rotfl:

Right now I'm working on his Sandy Claws outfit and Zero. So more to come...

Absolutely amazing! :worship: My DS13 would totally go nuts for that. He's been a huge fan of NBC (and Tim Burton) since he was about six.

WOW !!! I love your Jack and am awe of your talent :thumbsup2 I think the head looks super, as so the hands - truly awesome. If you ever have time, there is a great site call "Instructables" that talented people can put their projects and instructions on. I have made a few projects from directions that I have found on that site. TY for sharing.

Great Jack! Not to steal your thread but sharing our creations.

Heres ours we did this year for christmas. We moved into a new neighborhood and it was the 2nd annual neighborhood competition for best decorated yard. Well we love halloween and wanted to be the best...so we came up with the following:

348ou2c.jpg

jheomr.jpg

dnmrtg.jpg

Nightmare Before Christmas theme!Needless to say, we won. The Major took us the longest to create.

How did you get the eyes and nose higher than the Styrofoam ball actually is?

Sent you a PM. Tutorials, of sorts, are on their way. I've been going through the few pictures I took during the process and will post a guide soon.

While trying to organize my Photobucket account, I noticed some pictures I never posted here. These were taken on Nov. 2 2012.

DSC_5099.jpg

DSC_5082.jpg

DSC_5078.jpg

DSC_5091_2.jpg

DSC_5084.jpg

DSC_5094.jpg

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I'm hoping to make a similar Jack Skellington for my kids and was hoping that Mel could give me some insight into all the details in making such a fantastic piece.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Peteybob

Thanks for the reply, I still don't have 10 posts so I'll have to reply here. I've got his head done, just looking for a little help on the body and hands. I was specifically wondering what type of wire to put the hands together and how they're attached to the arms. On the body, I was wondering what you used for the shape and also what you used to attach the tie and if you used a shirt or just used painted styrofoam covered with foam putty. Also did you glue the PVC frame together or attach it so that it could be disassembled. Thanks for all your help.

Stu

Great Jack! Not to steal your thread but sharing our creations.

Heres ours we did this year for christmas. We moved into a new neighborhood and it was the 2nd annual neighborhood competition for best decorated yard. Well we love halloween and wanted to be the best...so we came up with the following:

348ou2c.jpg

jheomr.jpg

dnmrtg.jpg

Nightmare Before Christmas theme!Needless to say, we won. The Major took us the longest to create.
That is amazing!! How did you make the mayor and snake?? Please share;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter