J & T's Wishes Wedding 5/5/12 SB/SBP/BW *Wedding & Aulani HM TR Complete!*

another party!! Awesome :thumbsup2 I love having parties :cutie: thats great that u got beautie spec as ur hair dresser... i have yet 2 book anything 4 my hair, i guess i need 2 get on top of that :rolleyes1

And as I was typing, I got a response from Beaute Speciale! They are available! :banana::banana:

Just have to figure out the details now (who wants what and logistics) yay! :cheer2:

Couple of things! Impressions is pretty awesome working with budgets!!! They will start at invite A and can just keep on going down the alphabet until they get the price where you want it. This will mean changing the paper, the font, the ribbon ect to get to that point. Most of their custom invites start out really high with all the bells and whistles and then you just change and cut what you need too. They will still look amazing it may just mean that you have to use a less expensive paper and maybe not do a ribbon and what not. I have no idea what letter we ended up at, we kept changing things to make it exactly how I wanted it and to be in the price range we wanted. Ours should arrive by Friday, I am so excited. We saw the computer pic of it and they are beautiful even after cutting the cost so much. I am sure they will be able to work with.

Another thing you may want to think about somewhere besides Mens Warehouse. Yes, it seems great that they will deliver tuxes to your hotel but there are catches to that and we found there service kind of sucked and selection of colors wasn't great. Everyone in the wedding party had to be in Florida by 3PM on Wednesday to do there final fitting. Well that wan't going to happen, most of the wedding party wasn't arriving until 5PM that day. Their only option was to pick the tux up here and do the final fitting here and then bring the tux down with them. So with that being said we decided there was no point in using them and started looking around here. We used Formals by Antonio which is in Rocky Hill on the Silas Deane Highway. The guy there was awesome to work with, he really knew what he was doing and had a huge selection. The color vest I was looking for was very hard to find but he was able to go through a wholesaler and order it for me! They went above and beyond to make us happy. He also is not charging us for having the tuxes over the normal rental time this may also be because December isn't a common wedding month here though. I would check them out if I were you!!!

Hi fellow CT-er! I live literally the next town over from you so I was seriously excited to find your PJ! I can't wait to see everything unfold!

No way! Which side? haha I just went and read through your entire PJ because I am obsessed! Loved your plans and your reviews!! We are debating a videographer but I really want a photo booth too (obsessed with pictures). Thanks for reading!! :cool1:

another party!! Awesome :thumbsup2 I love having parties :cutie: thats great that u got beautie spec as ur hair dresser... i have yet 2 book anything 4 my hair, i guess i need 2 get on top of that :rolleyes1

yes! It is our first "official" party as an engaged couple, I am so excited for it! I emailed all 12 of my ladies (including mom's and DF's gram) to ask if they want makeup so I can lock in. So excited!! I am surprised with all of your planning you haven't booked your hair yet. You've been my inspiration to get on the ball! Glad I beat you to this one!! JK! ;)
:goodvibes

Couple of things! Impressions is pretty awesome working with budgets!!! They will start at invite A and can just keep on going down the alphabet until they get the price where you want it. This will mean changing the paper, the font, the ribbon ect to get to that point. Most of their custom invites start out really high with all the bells and whistles and then you just change and cut what you need too. They will still look amazing it may just mean that you have to use a less expensive paper and maybe not do a ribbon and what not. I have no idea what letter we ended up at, we kept changing things to make it exactly how I wanted it and to be in the price range we wanted. Ours should arrive by Friday, I am so excited. We saw the computer pic of it and they are beautiful even after cutting the cost so much. I am sure they will be able to work with.

Another thing you may want to think about somewhere besides Mens Warehouse. Yes, it seems great that they will deliver tuxes to your hotel but there are catches to that and we found there service kind of sucked and selection of colors wasn't great. Everyone in the wedding party had to be in Florida by 3PM on Wednesday to do there final fitting. Well that wan't going to happen, most of the wedding party wasn't arriving until 5PM that day. Their only option was to pick the tux up here and do the final fitting here and then bring the tux down with them. So with that being said we decided there was no point in using them and started looking around here. We used Formals by Antonio which is in Rocky Hill on the Silas Deane Highway. The guy there was awesome to work with, he really knew what he was doing and had a huge selection. The color vest I was looking for was very hard to find but he was able to go through a wholesaler and order it for me! They went above and beyond to make us happy. He also is not charging us for having the tuxes over the normal rental time this may also be because December isn't a common wedding month here though. I would check them out if I were you!!!

Oh you just made me so excited!!! I am really looking forward to working with them and seeing what they can do! After initially emailing both places, I felt like Impressions was going to be better for us, but I told myself to still pursue both and see what they said, so I'm almost secretly happy PBP won't work out. I am excited for all the stuff that Impressions can make/do! (Though I'm sure for a pretty penny!) I am the baby in my family and have third child syndrome, so we'll see what I can slyly get away with!! :rotfl:

I am actually getting my dress from Mariella's on the Silas Deane! When I went to try on dresses, they gave me the brochure for Formals by Antonio (I think he and the owner of Mariella's are brother and sister!) I think they may even get a discount since I am getting my dress from Mariella's. I will have to look into that more-- thanks for the tip!! I did find a grey Calvin Klein suit there I liked and cut out and added to my "file" haha - yes I do have a planner with an accordian file attached. My Planner is going to think I'm nuts, but I just think I am highly organized!! :laughing: The boys are also wearing suits and suspenders, no tux or vests etc, so maybe they'll be able to help more with that too! Thanks so much again for the suggestion!!

I wonder when it's time for the boys to go looking? Should we even wait until Dec/ Jan or is that even too early? hmmm thoughts ladies?? :lovestruc

Hahaha good luck, I hope you can pull something off! I am the oldest and only daughter so I have been able to get away with things too!!!

I believe its a 10% discount if you get your dress at Mariella's. He gave us the discount even thought I didn't get my dress there! I was actually there last weekend though. My cousin is getting married in April so we were getting bridesmaid gowns! As far as for the guys they told us 3 months ahead of time was good. They don't need as much time as we do I guess :)

By the way your planner won't think you are crazy! I had so much stuff I brought with me and they loved. The florist was really impressed, she said I made things really easy since I pretty much knew what I wanted and had pictures to help her out. She didn't need to spend a lot of time with me because we weren't starting from the bottom. It is good to bring lots of pictures to show them the style you are trying to achieve.

Hahaha good luck, I hope you can pull something off! I am the oldest and only daughter so I have been able to get away with things too!!!

I believe its a 10% discount if you get your dress at Mariella's. He gave us the discount even thought I didn't get my dress there! I was actually there last weekend though. My cousin is getting married in April so we were getting bridesmaid gowns! As far as for the guys they told us 3 months ahead of time was good. They don't need as much time as we do I guess :)

By the way your planner won't think you are crazy! I had so much stuff I brought with me and they loved. The florist was really impressed, she said I made things really easy since I pretty much knew what I wanted and had pictures to help her out. She didn't need to spend a lot of time with me because we weren't starting from the bottom. It is good to bring lots of pictures to show them the style you are trying to achieve.

yay! I am glad to hear Antonio's is nice and easy to work with, that is definitely important! Only 3 months huh? haha My girls are ordering their dresses in a few weeks! Too funny!! princess:
Good, I am glad other people bring a lot too. I saved and uploaded all my inspiration pictures to snapfish and printed them so they are better to see than from a regular color printer. I am mostly excited to meet with floral and see what they say about my visions (and how much I'm going to starve for the next 7 months paying for it to be dreamy) :lmao:
I can't wait to get some more concrete plans and write about them!! :goodvibes

So I started hearing back from my girls regarding their makeup. They are all going to pay for their hair and as of now (as far as they know) they are paying for their makeup. A few of them have said no to makeup and I am wondering if I should pay for all of their makeup as part of their gift. hmmm Should I just book everyone for hair and makeup now and then change later if I decide it's too much?

I also asked Beaute Speciale how long they anticipate it will take for 12 of us to get hair and make-up done.

Trying to come up with a timeline, need help!

Assuming maybe they come at 12 noon to start hair and makeup?
Lunch in room- about 1:30?
Photographer starts- 3 or 330 (more below)
Take pics with girls 4-4:30
First Look with DF 4:30-4:45?

Ceremony starts- 5PM
5:30 or so- 6:15, 6:30? I'm thinking immediately after the ceremony, we are going to rent the Surrey's at the BW, and the BP will ride over to the beach at BC and take pics with the BW in the background (and get us some beach pics).
6-7 regular cocktail hr is going on (Will we be able to take some of the food with us over to the beach while we take pics or that is a no from Disney?)
7PM - 11PM Reception

I'm still debating (and will depend if we can) going to a pool with my photographer and doing TTD. If so, if the photog comes at 3PM, we'll leave the reception at 10:30 with a (hopeful) sparkler exit, then go over and TTD quick. If I push them back to start at 3:30, we can leave right at 11, and have them shoot until 11:30 doing TTD. Thoughts?

Am I allowing enough time??

I also want to meet back up with our guests to party if the BW or even Martha's Vineyard bar is open, so I'd need to obvi change out of my wet dress and into something else. Is this all too much? I keep going over it and over it in my head and clearly DF has no opinion! :rolleyes1

Thoughts?

I used Impressions for my invites and LOVED them! I had a specific invite that I designed from scratch and Shelley worked with me to make it happen! Yes, they are expensive, but the customer service and end product can't be beat!

As for Beaute Speciale, I had 12 girls get hair and makeup done too. My ceremony started at 7:30pm and they came at 1pm.

Our timings might be a little different since I got married at the WP but our first look was at 6:30, so an hour before the ceremony started. The boys had their pictures before our first look, and then I had some pictures with the girls after our first look.

And double check about the sparklers, but I wanted them and was told a definite no. Boo! I hope that its different for you because the pictures would be amazing!!

I used Impressions for my invites and LOVED them! I had a specific invite that I designed from scratch and Shelley worked with me to make it happen! Yes, they are expensive, but the customer service and end product can't be beat!

As for Beaute Speciale, I had 12 girls get hair and makeup done too. My ceremony started at 7:30pm and they came at 1pm.

Our timings might be a little different since I got married at the WP but our first look was at 6:30, so an hour before the ceremony started. The boys had their pictures before our first look, and then I had some pictures with the girls after our first look.

And double check about the sparklers, but I wanted them and was told a definite no. Boo! I hope that its different for you because the pictures would be amazing!!

Thanks Andrea!! I found an invite Impressions already made that I really liked, I'm just looking to change the colors, so we'll see how it works out. I feel like I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for them to tell me they can do it and how much it'll cost. I know its really only been less than a week! haha :cutie:

Thanks for your timeline! This has definitely been stressing me out. B.S. emailed me back that if my photographer starts at 3, that is about when they will leave/ finish. They told me they will send enough people to do hair and makeup in 4 hours. So I guess I need to check with my photographer how long we need to allow for First Look and pictures with the girls before hand and then go from there! I'm thinking maybe I'll have them come 11:30 or 12 so they are done around 3:30 or 4? I'm not worried about the boys since they'll probably all get ready in less than an hour as long as I tell them what time they need to be ready we'll have no problems. They are all very low maintenance thankfully!! :yay:

I read through your PJ but I forget where your reception was, I'll have to look again. I'm hoping because we're leaving the ballroom at the convention center they will let us do sparklers, but right now I'm preparing myself theyre just going to say no! :rolleyes1

I think your timeline looks great. We are having a 5pm ceremony and 1 is our "start" time!

I think your timeline looks great. We are having a 5pm ceremony and 1 is our "start" time!

Thanks! Do you have less ladies getting ready? I did book Beaute Speciale today, they told me for 12 people we will need 4 hours, so they are going to come 11:30-3:30. Can't wait!! :cool1:

Your timeline looks good. When you go to your planning session your planner will give you a rough draft of timing for everything on the day of your wedding. You will have a much better idea if everything you are thinking will work! Also, as far as the food at cocktail hour our planner told us they will have plates made up for DF and I along with whatever we would like to drink. I was very happy to hear this because I though we were going to have to miss cocktail and I am sure we won't be eating much before the wedding :yay:

No way! Which side? haha I just went and read through your entire PJ because I am obsessed! Loved your plans and your reviews!! We are debating a videographer but I really want a photo booth too (obsessed with pictures). Thanks for reading!! :cool1:

Portland, literally right over the bridge! I grew up here, but I did live in Middletown for about a year (Westlake area) right after DH and I got engaged. Thanks for the compliments! I am hoping to get around to a TR soon...I am procrastinating because I hate uploading stuff to photobucket. I'd def recommend a videographer, even if just for the ceremony. That was such a blur for me afterwards and I'm so glad we have it all on film. I'm actually much happier now, four months after my wedding, that we did videography because you lose the little details over time and it is so fun to go back and see it all happen again. Can't wait to read more, I have to catch up on everything over the last couple days! :goodvibes

Your timeline looks good. When you go to your planning session your planner will give you a rough draft of timing for everything on the day of your wedding. You will have a much better idea if everything you are thinking will work! Also, as far as the food at cocktail hour our planner told us they will have plates made up for DF and I along with whatever we would like to drink. I was very happy to hear this because I though we were going to have to miss cocktail and I am sure we won't be eating much before the wedding :yay:

Oh that will definitely help (them giving me the timeline)!! It's hard to believe we'll be down there a week from tomorrow and doing our PS in 12 days! Can't wait to check everything out and actually talk to our planner and floral person in person!! :yay:
Awesome too they will bring us some food while we take pictures, if they don't I'm sure DF will be rushing me to hurry up! :laughing:

Portland, literally right over the bridge! I grew up here, but I did live in Middletown for about a year (Westlake area) right after DH and I got engaged. Thanks for the compliments! I am hoping to get around to a TR soon...I am procrastinating because I hate uploading stuff to photobucket. I'd def recommend a videographer, even if just for the ceremony. That was such a blur for me afterwards and I'm so glad we have it all on film. I'm actually much happier now, four months after my wedding, that we did videography because you lose the little details over time and it is so fun to go back and see it all happen again. Can't wait to read more, I have to catch up on everything over the last couple days! :goodvibes

Wow that is great! I actually grew up in Bolton and we just bought our house we're in now in July 2010! :love:
I got some help from another poster when I didn't know how to add pictures, and though I have used photobucket too, I've noticed if the pics are somewhere else, you can still click and go to "properties" then paste in the URL and it works the same (but per the advice I got it doesnt work every time) I'm sure everyone else as well as myself want to seee!! :yay:
Thanks so much for reading, and I appreciate any help and advice you can lend!! :goodvibes

Today I received an email from Jennifer Brune for my floral? Anyone heard of her? She asked me to fill out a questionnaire in prep for my meeting with them (PS on 10/4). The actual email is signed Laura Kidd, Floral Director.
I am crossing my fingers we are assigned Elizabeth because everyone on the boards who gets her can't say enough good things and floral is very important to me! I can't believe it's getting so close!! :dance3:

Today I received an email from Jennifer Brune for my floral? Anyone heard of her? She asked me to fill out a questionnaire in prep for my meeting with them (PS on 10/4). The actual email is signed Laura Kidd, Floral Director.
I am crossing my fingers we are assigned Elizabeth because everyone on the boards who gets her can't say enough good things and floral is very important to me! I can't believe it's getting so close!! :dance3:

I think that means you have Laura but don't worry, she gets great reviews too! I have seen her on some of the TV specials for Christmas stuff in Disney. I think she's been around a long time, so she knows her stuff!

I think that means you have Laura but don't worry, she gets great reviews too! I have seen her on some of the TV specials for Christmas stuff in Disney. I think she's been around a long time, so she knows her stuff!

Oh really? I figured by the 'Floral Director' title, her name went on everything and it was slightly generic. I'll have to do some research on people who've had Laura!! :) yippeee! :banana:

We had an awesome engagement party last night! It was so great to see everyone and take everything in. One of my friends from high school that enjoys taking pictures came and took pictures for us which I loved, and they came out so clear, I am definitely a picture person so I was so appreciative!!

Walking into the party (in my bro's back yard and so happy it didn't rain at all!!!) :)
eparty6.jpg

Here are DF and I standing behind a sign future SIL had made that I thought was so cute!
eparty1.jpg

My maids and I (missing 2 out of state-ers)
eparty4.jpg

Handsome DF and his men
eparty3.jpg

Our entire BP (minus my two ladies)
eparty2.jpg

Our ring bearer and flower girl
eparty5.jpg

I am so excited becasue I am only working 2 days this week, then I have Wed and Thurs off and we head down to Disney on Friday!! Yippeee!!! I am trying to get everything together for our PS, pictures, dress fabric samples, ribbons of the actual colors I am going for etc etc. So excited!!! :banana::banana::banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter