No, I would never agree to no Disney for three years and DH would never ask me to. Every family is different though.

We do go to Disney once or twice every year as well as take other vacations. Never occurred to me if I went skiing or to Europe I could not go to Disney too.

I love Disney and so do my girls (aged 13 and 9). My husband and son (16) not so much. It's not that they hate it (ok my son does hate some of it, it was great seeing him watch the Frozen Sing-A-Long last trip), but they do go for us. We have taken 3 big family trips there in 2008, 2011 and 2015. Me, DH and the girls will probably return in 2-3 years when some of the new stuff is completed.

Disney trips are great but we have taken other family trips that are also really great. By going to Disney every few years we have been able to explore other places as well. We usually only take one big trip a year, maybe a second smaller trip. I would love to go to Europe but it's really not in the budget with a family of 5. So yes, I would absolutely agree to no Disney World for three years. Explore other places and get really excited about the changes that will be waiting for you when you make it back.

No, I would never agree to no Disney for three years and DH would never ask me to. Every family is different though.

We do go to Disney once or twice every year as well as take other vacations. Never occurred to me if I went skiing or to Europe I could not go to Disney too.

Your DH rocks! I'm always getting the "I'm too much" responce, which is true to some extent, but I just love Disney

Not sure why you'd even think it's reasonable to monopolize all the vacation time and money on something only you like in the first place. :confused3 No contract would be needed in our household; we take everybody's preferences into account and take turns if necessary. And how bull-headed are you about this that your SO feels the need to actually put it in writing? Couldn't you just simply agree, or are you likely to go ahead and plan more Disney trips behind his/her back?:scratchin

For a lot of families, it is one or the other. They don't get to go to both Europe and Disney in the same year. If the OP's partner feels he is spending too much money on places *he* wants to go and there isn't anything left over for where the partner wants to vacation, then yeah, I see an issue and compromise is needed.

Not liking Disney isn't a character flaw.

Have you ever been or currently been with someone who just isn't into Disney the way you are? The way you feel and act on a Disney vacation that feel that you just can't replicate elsewhere?

Well I'm a proud Disney fan and love my passion for Disney! However, some people do not lol.

Disney is expensive - we are not disputing that, but do you not get what you pay for and do you not make memories that last a lifetime?

Due to my "excessive Disney" stays until the completion of toy story land and Star Wars land I'm toast!

Between the last three years
I went to Disney World 3 times with a nice week stay hitting all parks and attractions

I've been to the last three Christmas and Halloween parties

January of 2016 I have a Disney cruise planned

February while going to Hawaii were doing a stop at Disneyland

From there we're gonna spend 5 amazing days in Aulani

To get the final ok on this I had to sign a written contract saying no more Disney lol.

I guess a break is good to see Europe too, but I'm gonna miss my mouse!

Would YOU sign or agree to the terms of you could go to Aulani Disneyland and Disney cruise in a years timeframe?

Would you have an agreement in general?

Again I thank god everyday for the blessings I have an have been an avid supporter of GKYW which breaks my heart about these kids - so maybe I can ramp up my donating money and be there in spirit ;)

Again would you guys ever come to a compromise on your Disney fandom!

Fortunately, we are on the same page about it, so no. (I can't imagine us ever needing a contract, though!)

Last edited:
Not sure why you'd even think it's reasonable to monopolize all the vacation time and money on something only you like in the first place. :confused3 No contract would be needed in our household; we take everybody's preferences into account and take turns if necessary. And how bull-headed are you about this that your SO feels the need to actually put it in writing? Couldn't you just simply agree, or are you likely to go ahead and plan more Disney trips behind his/her back?:scratchin

Where did you get the idea I was monopolizing our vacation? We get Thirty day vacations a year and he usually does an all inclusive or cruise as his pick - he just doesn't have the will, need or desire to go to Disney like I do.

Where did you get the idea I was monopolizing our vacation? We get Thirty day vacations a year and he usually does an all inclusive or cruise as his pick - he just doesn't have the will, need or desire to go to Disney like I do.
My mistake - your post implied that not going to Disney will enable your family to go other places (like Europe) instead.

I'm not the poster you quoted, but I got the idea that you were monopolizing your vacation time because you listed all the Disney vacations you've been on, did not mention any other types of vacations, and shared that your SO feels he needs a contract in order to get some other type of vacation.

It may be a misconception, but it came from the words you posted in the OP.

I'm not the poster you quoted, but I got the idea that you were monopolizing your vacation time because you listed all the Disney vacations you've been on, did not mention any other types of vacations, and shared that your SO feels he needs a contract in order to get some other type of vacation.

It may be a misconception, but it came from the words you posted in the OP.

Yeah I wasn't clear my mistake!

Honestly we stopped going for a while because I watned to do other things. Disney was DH and my first real vacation ever. Neither of us were really taken anywhere by our parents.

DH is a creature of habit that hates change so he liked Disney and would have never ever went anywhere else.

So this year we did CA instead of WDW. Now that was still a bit disney since we did do Disneyland for a bit though. But also San Diego so not all disney. Now he wants to go back there.

Then in May we did our first cruise he was skeptical but also loved that.
Now in January we have another cruise and our third in November. (Fort Lauderdale is the only port we will hit twice in the three cruises)

I'm hoping for England in 2017 so it will be a while before we go back to WDW.

Thanks guys again I know I'm too much but I come to my fanatics for reassurance that I'm not insane lol

was actually written out and you signed it?
just weird

we go every 2 years so- we love the outdoors and go on many many other trips-with hiking and sightseeing-old mansios ( Newport, etc) NYC, Cape Cod

Same with us. On average, we go every other year. I'd rather have it less but its our compromise, and no written contract is needed.

I don't mind going and actually enjoy it however every year and it gets boring. There isn't enough change to make it "exciting". No, I don't see and do everything, but then again, I don't WANT to. That's us though, knowing what we and the other enjoys and compromising.

Sounds like an awful lot of Disney, which is fine as long as you are both on the same page. I get my Disney extra fix while DH is on scuba trips. There are good cruises other than Disney; we are going to Hawaii in January and never considered Aulani, we are renting homes/condos through VRBO on Kauai and Oahu. Everything does not have to be Disney!

For a lot of families, it is one or the other. They don't get to go to both Europe and Disney in the same year. If the OP's partner feels he is spending too much money on places *he* wants to go and there isn't anything left over for where the partner wants to vacation, then yeah, I see an issue and compromise is needed.

Not liking Disney isn't a character flaw.

This is also us. We can afford ONE family vacation per year (that runs a week to 10 days). For that one annual vacation, we don't want it to be the same place (or even theme). We mix it up to keep it fresh, exciting and new (and if you thought of the Love Boat after reading that last part, then yes, you're old too).

I would hate traveling to the same places every year or having to center my vacations around Disney. There are so many places to see and things to do. Sometimes I consider Disney a "safe" vacation. Once people get into the the disney habit, it's easy planning and everyone will have a fine time.

I want to see new things like a sunrise over the Grand Canyon, a sunset over the Eiffel Tower, having coffee in Seattle or beer in Germany. I want to have the new experiences and the pictures on my walls to show we lived and didn't always play it safe.

(NOTE: this was not pointed towards anyone at all but my own personal reflection)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter