I've lost my motivation

dizneenut

PINK is my signature color
I have lost all motivation to exercise. :( I haven't exercised in a month. :( I was doing so good and all of a sudden, I just have no motivation or desire to exercise.

I also am getting so frustrated with my weight loss. I have been stalled for over a month. :( I haven't gained, but I haven't lost, and its so frustrating. I went back on Induction, but I'm wondering if maybe Atkins just isn't for me? I only have 5 (maybe 10) more pounds to goal, and I know they will be the hardest to lose, but sheesh, I'm just sooo frustrated. :(

I need y'all to help me get motivated again.

I'm not on Atkins, so I'm not sure what to tell you about that, but one thing I always try to remember, I've heard it here and elsewhere, is to KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE PRIZE! This board just has me so pumped up right now about sticking to my plan. I've been setting goals for myself in terms of weight loss, but what I plan to do is to think of a way to "reward" myself once I've accomplished my goal.

My weight-loss program just requires moderate exercise, preferably walking 10,000 steps per day. Maybe you could find some other form of exercise than what you were doing? Or maybe you could just squeeze it in to your daily activities? At work, I'm on the fourth floor, so instead of taking the elevator down, I'll walk. To get up, sometimes I'll stop on the 2nd or 3rd floor and walk the rest (I'd have a heart attack if I walked all 4, which I've done before!). One thing that really works for me is to set a workout date with a buddy. If I'm committed to meeting someone, it's hard to back out of it. Also, I'm so not motivated to get up early to exercise, or exercise after work (unless I'm meeting my "buddy"), so I bought a couple of Pilates tapes taht I can do at home. Only 25 minutes each.

Please don't lose hope now, you're SO close to your goal! Please keep us updated!

Okay Nut...come on over here and lets have a little chat.

You lost your motivation to exercise.....oh let me see...I found it...RIGHT here under my foot....BONK!! right in the tush. (does that help??).

#2. How in the world could you think that Atkins isn't working for you when you have 5 maybe 10 lbs to go til goal. Maybe you aren't working hard at Atkins. Do you use Fitday to see where you are at? Are you eating out more? (even when you pick Atkins stuff when you eat out...sometimes the carbs are higher IMHO). PM me if you need help figuring out where you are at.

#3. Don't get mad...get even....You are almost there!!! Just picture how you are going to feel when you are AT GOAL...how beautiful that clippie is going to look around you!!

Hang in there...and EXERCISE...once you start again...it gets easier and easier!!

Tracy

OUCH! :teeth:

The reason I wonder if Atkins is working for me, is because I've only lost 5 pounds since starting at the end of April. I lost 15 pounds by cutting calories and watching portion sizes.

I was enjoying my WATP tapes, and my Pilates tape, but with school out and I picked up 2 more kids to babysit, I just don't have the energy or motivation to exercise. :(

Thanks, LuvTigger and Luvinit! :)

You say you lost well with portion control . Atkins is not a license to overeat... you should be thinking about portion sizes on this plan too. Meat servings should be no more than 6 - 8 ounces per meal. Fat should be used - but not excessively. Cheese and cream kept to the limited amounts and nuts only 1 ounce.

Just a thought.

Hope you find you motivation to exercise... I suspicion that is what is holding you back. It makes a world of difference.

Thanks, DD, but I I feel like I'm not eating enough on Atkins. :confused:

I really need to get my motivation for exercising back. :( Maybe with the nice weather FINALLY coming, I can at least get out and walk.

What Tracy and Laura said :) I don't think there is anything I can add.

I was wondering, though, what are the ages of the children you care for? If they can stand up and walk, they can do WATP. They don't have to do it correctly, just line em up and get them started.

The one mile tape only lasts about 16 minutes. I'll bet that it would even hold their attention.

I think you may have your best motivators right there with you everyday. Let them do WATP with you. It would be healthy for them, too. What do you think?

OK, y'all. I grabbed my boys and we went on a 1-mile walk around the neighborhood. :bounce:

Good For YOu!!!! Now don't you feel AWESOME!!! Thats the way!!! You Go Girl!!! Drag those kids along!!!

Tracy

try something different! if cutting portions worked go back to that for a while. Don't get hung up on a particular "plan".

I am so glad I read this whole thread! :) You sure did make a big U-turn on the "lost motivation" track!!! :)

WOO-HOO!!!

Just like Dorothy and the ruby slippers, YOU HAD THE POWER ALL THE TIME! :) So think of WISH as your ruby slippers and come here to tap your heals together any time!

I know you will find a way to squeeze the pilates in! Those last 5 pounds may have been stubborn, but YOU are better than those last 5 pounds and I know you won't let them stick around for long!!!! Move as much as you can and you will find a way to get back into your exercise groove. Just think of HOW GREAT you felt when you were exercising on a regular basis and make a promise to yourself to try to fit it into your schedule when you can. You are DOING THIS FOR YOU to feel great about yourself and keep your body healthy for a really long time!!!

Sherry, I'm so proud of you my little WISH friend. You took control--got some exercise, spent quality time with your boys and it was healthy for them to get out and walk too.

Good job!

I'm so glad you got out and walked with your boys. Sometimes all it takes to get back in the groove is to get moving again and some support from your friends. :D

I've got 20 more good reasons you shouldn't give up now. They're in your clippie! It took a lot a hard work and determination to do that! You can make it all the way! I've got faith in you!

Sherry, I am extremely proud of you!! I think you are a wonderful motivator for me! You used to have a tag line that said, "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels"...I always loved that saying each time I read a post by you! It always motivated me even more because it was just how I felt!

You are almost at goal, don't give up now!! Hugs!! :)

Hi DizneeNut!
I was going to warn you about posting something like that when Tracy is still in the Fat Fast but I see she got her kick in before me. ;) She is very good at that but if she starts cracking her toes, RUN!!!! hee hee :) Tracy is a great kicker!!

I am so glad to read that you took a walk with your boys! My children LOVE (I know it is hard to believe) to do the 1 mile tape with me! They really do! They think it is a lot of fun. Of course there is lots of laughing and bumping into each other but we still get some exercise in and THAT'S what really counts!

Do you need a WATP buddy? I would be more than happy to PM you and force.... ahem.... remind you to walk! I know there are several people on the boards who know what I mean. ;) I tell you what - I challenge you to do 2 sets of WATP tapes between now and next Wednesday night. It can even be 1 mile tapes. I bet you will be surprised at how easy it is to get back into the exercising routine once you start again! If you don't feel better, well Tracy can kick me in the butt for pushing WATP on everyone! What do you say? Deal??

disclaimer: There are no cool clippies involved in my challenge. ;)

I have a 14 month old and a 3 1/2 year old - hard to do exercise. I have the best luck if it is entertaining to them. I will watch and dance with The Wiggles or a Disney Sing Along (Beach Party at WDW is a favorite). They will watch, dance and mostly leave me alone to do the same. It is silly, but a lot of fun.

My boys love the singalong tapes (2 1/2 & 5) We watch at least 1 a day and they love to dance Guess what I'm doing when I get home!?
Yah another way to exercise ........did I just say that?

Something struck me in one of your posts:

Thanks, DD, but I I feel like I'm not eating enough on Atkins.

You actually might not be eating enough. If your body isn't getting enough intake, your metabolism shuts down, and you go into starvation mode.

It's all about balance. Make sure that while you're not eating too much, you're not eating too little.

Good to hear you got out and took a walk! That's my favorite exercise. And here in Buffalo, we have to cherish and prize every last warm day we get, so walks are a great way to do that! (Whoever heard of a day where it didn't hit 70 degrees in June??!?!?!! Buffalo weather really bites!!!!!! :rolleyes: )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter