I've just booked flights for next year!!!

Young Pooh

DIS Veteran
Well, the title says it all.

Just been onto VA and booked flights for next August using our miles. We are restricted to school holidays and don't want to pay the silly prices they are all asking for next year.

We have enough miles for returns to New York for all 3 of us so have booked those - cost £575.88 in taxes.

We will stay in NY for 3 nights and then fly down to Orlando for 7 nights (probably at Blue Heron Resort) and then over to the Gulf Coast for 5 nights (probably Marriott Suites at Sand Key) and fly back to NY from Tampa.

Internal flights with Continental cost £477.60 so total flight cost of £1050 which I think is excellent.

We are not doing Disney or Universal this time but will probably do Seaworld and maybe Busch Gardens as we have never done either before. The intention is that this is a relaxing holiday.

Glad you found a deal using miles.:goodvibes
I am holding out for a deal from Manchester but London is an option if nothing booked by Xmas.

Good news.

Must admit we are kind of dissapointed with the 'miles & money' prices, flying Premium Economy to Orlando next August is a saving of just over £60 each - that's not a lot really and still we haven't decided whether to book or not.

I know what you mean about using miles. There is nothing at all for August for MCO or MIA so we decided that we might as well use them for NY rather than them just sitting in our accounts.

I find the M+M prices a joke as well.

Now that I have used all of my miles, and DH only has around 10k left, we will certainly be looking elsewhere in the future unless VA do something about pricing/offers. There is no longer the incentive to earn miles with them as it is so difficult to spend them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter