I've changed my mind for the third time!!! HELP a girl out

klitteral2009

Mouseketeer
Initially, I was sold on staying 6 nights, 7 days at AoA with a suite in Nemo. Since the discounts have been discussed and will be released to GP tomorrow, I'm seriously considering a stay at a deluxe, since the prices will be comprable with the discounts. I want to stay in either CR or Poly but cannot for the life of me decide! I hear the Poly is beautiful, has great dining with O'hana and Kona, and is a monorail resort. I also hear that the CR is great with Chef Mickeys and if we are able to swing a MK view, we could watch the fireworks from the room and be able to walk back if we stayed late at the MK one night and of course it also being a monorail resort. Has anyone had a similar problem? Stayed at both with children? It will be DH and I along with our three DD's age 10, 3, and 21 months. (She'll turn two on our last day of vacation) ANY and all help would be appreciated. Before the site went down, I priced the CR but not the Poly...is one typically more expensive than the other?

I say go for the Poly having stayed at both CR had the feel of an airport to me! You can have a awesome view of the fireworks from Poly w/o paying TPV, just got out to the beach of even the dock and they pipe in the music!

I could have written this post myself! lol
I am debating between aoa and cr for a quick two night stay!

I think kids would like aoa but I like convenience of cr for MK! our DDs are 8 months, 4 and 6 when there!

let me know what u decide.....was going to call and get prices but they cannot access anything either with site down

The more I think about it the only real appeal of the CR over the Poly is the resort to MK/Epcot and walking path...I doubt we'll be doing super late nights at the park and if we can see the fireworks from the beach at the Poly, it might be better than staying and then fighting the crowds when they're over at MK. I'll post tomorrow morning once I call and see what rooms are still available at discount rates. :) *fingers crossed!*

Another plus for the Poly is that its next door to TTC which has the express monorail to Epcot. If you left on monorail to Epcot youd have to get off at TTC go down and around, back up and get on express monorail to Epcot.

TTC is a nice 5-7 min walk but you get to see more of the Poly this way as well.

The more I think about it the only real appeal of the CR over the Poly is the resort to MK/Epcot and walking path...I doubt we'll be doing super late nights at the park and if we can see the fireworks from the beach at the Poly, it might be better than staying and then fighting the crowds when they're over at MK. I'll post tomorrow morning once I call and see what rooms are still available at discount rates. :) *fingers crossed!*

There may be limited for discount so they might go fast!! I am debating between poly and AOA suite too! lol
i like the proximity of cr but it doesnt look very disney where aoa does but the monorail of the poly is a huge draw!!
fingers crossed for you tomorrow!!

Late night or not, being able to walk to MK is great! We stayed at Bay Lake Tower in 2010 and it's my favorite so far. The Poly is beautiful, though.

princessap
If I was staying for a short amount of time & had small kids with me I would go with convenience over theme. So for me AoA would be out.

Now if I was torn between CR & the Poly I would choose the Poly. I have stayed at both and I just loved everything about the Poly!! The decor & feel of the resort, the restaurants, the monorail to 2 parks, the pool, the beach area, the rooms, the CM's, I could go on and on! :rotfl: It isn't even my favorite resort but I still really loved it!!

princessap
If I was staying for a short amount of time & had small kids with me I would go with convenience over theme. So for me AoA would be out.

Now if I was torn between CR & the Poly I would choose the Poly. I have stayed at both and I just loved everything about the Poly!! The decor & feel of the resort, the restaurants, the monorail to 2 parks, the pool, the beach area, the rooms, the CM's, I could go on and on! :rotfl: It isn't even my favorite resort but I still really loved it!!

thanks. Am leaning towards poly now but all depends on price! really wish they had suites at poly. I like the idea of a separate bedroom which is why I was leaning towards AOA.
Are the rooms at poly big?? 3 kids crammed in a room doesnt sound fun.

thanks. Am leaning towards poly now but all depends on price! really wish they had suites at poly. I like the idea of a separate bedroom which is why I was leaning towards AOA.
Are the rooms at poly big?? 3 kids crammed in a room doesnt sound fun.

The Poly rooms are big (if you do a search here you can get the exact square footage) and you have the 2 queen beds plus the daybed. But I know what you mean by wanting that separate bedroom. We are DVC'ers and stay in a 1 bedroom. But in your case you will only be there for 2 nights. How much time do you really think you will be in the room? I think proximity to the parks would be the most important. That's just IMHO :goodvibes

ETA: One of my favorite moments/memories is watching a movie on the Poly beach with the kids. Then the movie paused so we could watch the Electrical Water Pageant. The movie continued when it was over and stopped again in time for Wishes. It was a magical night! We had such a great time with our kids.

Definitely go with the Poly! Beautiful and comfortable place to stay. Ohana is a must and Kona is delicious too. Ohana has a fun character breakfast for the kids. The pool with the volcano slide and the beach to watch the fireworks from the Magic Kingdom are great! CR is nice, but it doesn't have the warm and friendly atmosphere that the Poly has. :woohoo:

Desnik said:
The Poly rooms are big (if you do a search here you can get the exact square footage) and you have the 2 queen beds plus the daybed. But I know what you mean by wanting that separate bedroom. We are DVC'ers and stay in a 1 bedroom. But in your case you will only be there for 2 nights. How much time do you really think you will be in the room? I think proximity to the parks would be the most important. That's just IMHO :goodvibes

ETA: One of my favorite moments/memories is watching a movie on the Poly beach with the kids. Then the movie paused so we could watch the Electrical Water Pageant. The movie continued when it was over and stopped again in time for Wishes. It was a magical night! We had such a great time with our kids.

Where did you stay at the Poly? I need some direction on a building with a garden view room...just not looking at a parking lot

You guys are very convincing on the poly!! lol

Which building is recommended??

Do the rooms have a balcony/patio??

Thanks!

I know what you are saying about proximity to the parks being most important but when u mention how much we would actually be in the room, it makes me wonder if the splurge to poly is worth it for two nights or better to save it for a longer trip. Ahhhh decisions decisions. augh

Well I'm putting it in fates hands I guess. I'm gonna call to see about getting a discount at the poly first thing at 7 in the morning. If they don't have anything, I'll see about the contemporary and if that's a bust, I guess well stay at AoA :) I just can't see passing up a chance at a deluxe resort fr what I'm paying for the value resort suite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter