Ive booked a cruise onboard - now looking for travel agent

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by scottofsdea, Aug 3, 2013.

1. scottofsdea

scottofsdea Mouseketeer

Just got off a Disney cruise and booked another one onboard. I've recently lost my travel agent I've worked with for many years. So, I am trying to decide on a travel agent. Hear many good things about small world and aaa. Any others? Also, what perks are out there?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

Each TA will offer their own perks, if they have them. You'd have to contact the ones you are interested in and find out what they can do for you.

One note, you have to transfer within 30 days, so research quickly.

4. PrincessShmoo

5. MonoMan

MonoMan Mouseketeer

I think we will be booking our next one when we are on board so it will be a first for me. What is the benefit of moving it to a TA? and how is that done?

6. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

From the board guidelines:

Posting a company name that is blocked without using a URL for the filter to work is considered circumventing the filter, BTW. It's one of the infractions listed. http://www.wdwinfo.com/guidelines.htm/

7. ksloane

ksloane DIS Veteran

I love The Magic for Less Travel (www.themagicforless.com). I've use Deb Chambers for 5-6 Walt Disney World trips and 3 cruises. Love her!

8. Kirbo

Kirbo Runs with Scissors

I use an agency that is blocked on this site, so I can't name them, but I will say that on our last trip we had an unimaginable horror happen and the agency went above and beyond to get us home and take care of us. They worked long hard hours to do everything they could for us and were invaluable.

We are young and healthy and what happened was not on our radar (my mom died on our trip). Thank goodness we booked with a wonderful agency. They don't give a huge OBC, but they do give HUGE service. I'll forgo the giant OBCs just to know that the agency has my back and will do everything they can to take care of us.

Just my thoughts on how to chose an agent.

9. redmomof4

redmomof4 I love TIM without a hat!

WOW, Kirbo, so sorry to hear of your loss, what a terrible thing to go through. Im so glad you had a wonderful TA who worked on your behalf to make things as smooth as possible.

10. qits

qits Mouseketeer

Make sure you research the second TA you mentioned I was not happy with them. Check out some of the threads in the forum .

11. PrincessShmoo

Whatever TA you go with, it's a good idea to ask them if they've had the Disney specific training. Those are the ones who do the best with Disney trips.

12. shburks

shburks DIS Veteran

13. modisneychick

modisneychick Mouseketeer

I have used others, but now work with Lisa at www.dreamsdeliveredtravel.com

She has always been extremely helpful and knowledgeable. She visits Disney and DCL often, as well as other cruise lines and vacations.

Good luck and enjoy your next cruise!

14. Callymum

Callymum DIS Veteran

We have used DU and we had to transfer all the Cruise because of my Dad Passing away. This was within a week of travelling and I must say DU done all the could by telling us what we needed from Doctors etc. we sent everything to them and we got the cruise date changed.
    We then found out a few months later that the date we had picked was double the price we paid on the first one. We panicked and Jana at DU got it changed again for us. We now go in Sept on the Fantasy and I will be proposing them as our TA.
    Plus the OBC and the Welcome pack helps also.:)

15. MillauFr

MillauFr Buzz & Woody

I would trust the information I read on these boards more than a travel agent that I know nothing about. Many of the posters, yourself included, are very knowledgeable.

16. ocspartan

ocspartan DIS Veteran

Agree with pp, the info on boards like this are way more than any one TA can provide, I go with the one that has the most return for my bottom line and for me it's been costco

17. DayOhDisMom

DayOhDisMom Earning My Ears

Also booked onboard and looking for a TA in Ohio have used AAA in the past. Not ready for an email only site yet. Any recommendations? Thanks

Sent from my ADR6350 using DISBoards

18. dr&momto2boys

dr&momto2boys DIS Veteran

I recommend using a small business backed by a large host agency. That way you get the personal attention and expertise of the business owner and the protection and 24 hour emergency coverage from the host agency if something goes wrong while you are travelling.
    My husband recently started his own travel agency specializing in Disney travel and family travel. The cruise OBC offered is as good as I've seen. He will communicate by email or phone. He's certainly a Disney and DCL expert! As well as a family travel expert...we've travelled to over 20 states and six countries with our five young children.
    You can PM me if you want his info.

19. Kirbo

Kirbo Runs with Scissors

Thank you.