I've been bitten by the Disney bug....PTR October 2011 We Leave Tomorrow! 10-20-11

Glad you got the ADRs you wanted! I am also planning on going to Chef Mickeys on arrival day. Think it will be a super fun way to start our vacation.

Really looking forward to Chef Mickeys! I know there are some not so great food reviews out there, but I'm going for the mashed potatoes and Mickey :)

Great ADRs!!!!
We're eating at Le Cellier for the 1st time this August so I can't comment on that. We have eaten at Via Napoli twice and really enjoy it.
My kids LOVE the Kim Possible missions (my older two, at least). One warning is that my kids tend to fight over who gets to hold the Kimmunicator. We might consider doing 2 different missions (simultaneously) to minimize the fighting...
We've never done the passports.

Amanda

I think I'm going to end up going with Via Napoli....I am a huge pizza fan, and the atmosphere looks pretty cool there too. Great tip for the Kimmunicator! My kids would definitely fight over one!

Congrats on getting your ADRs!! It's exciting isn't it?! Looks like we're eating at some of the same places :thumbsup2 We're trying Le Cellier for the first time and have not eaten at Via Napoli so I have no input for you :(

We have also finally got our flights booked....makes it more real!:cool1:

It's so exciting! And you've had lots of advice for me elsewhere so I'll let this one slide :lmao:

Well, I did something kinda crazy today. I had reserved a Double City Mini Stroller through Magic Strollers, but it was killing me to pay nearly $100 for one week of stroller usage. So today I canceled it! After researching all the threads on here (where the best advice is found) and watching youtube videos I bought my very own Baby Jogger City Mini Double Stroller! (Whew that's a mouthful!) I convinced my hubby that we would get a lot of use out of it this summer and it would make it easier for us at the airport since Southwest lets you take the stroller right up to the gate and it's waiting for you when you get off the plane.
But you haven't heard the best part yet! :yay: While trying to persuade my DH to let me go ahead and buy one, I mentioned that when we were finished with our vacay, we could sell it. That's when he made my day.....he said "or we could just keep it for when we go back to Disney next year." :cool1: I have been trying to convince him of a trip during the Christmas season next year, but he wasn't buying it! (Or so I thought) I am so excited and fighting the urge to go ahead and start planning....I have overwhelmed him with details of this trip though, and probably shouldn't push my luck.

so here are the details about my purchase:
Purchased at Amazon.com for $299 w/ free shipping - (25% off!)
After much debate, I went with the Green/Grey Color Combo
baby-jogger-city-mini-double-2008-green-grey-300x300.gif

I also made a couple other purchases at Amazon over the weekend :)
I bought the Disney Version of Apples to Apples for our family game nights
kids-mattel-apples-disney-edition_5656129_175.jpg

& I bought Snow White Blue Ray since it's made it's way back to the Disney Vault.....

Awesome stroller:thumbsup2 and so great that a trip to Disney next year for you is a possibility:cool1:

Joining in! My kids are 4 and 3 (5 and 4 by trip time) and LOVE doing the Epcot passports - they are already talking about 'traveling the world' My DD, who will be 5 is especially interested in learning how to say hello and goodbye in every country so I think the passports would be great for your kids. I haven't done the Kimmunicators yet and am curious to hear if my kids would enjoy it yet.

Joining in! My kids are 4 and 3 (5 and 4 by trip time) and LOVE doing the Epcot passports - they are already talking about 'traveling the world' My DD, who will be 5 is especially interested in learning how to say hello and goodbye in every country so I think the passports would be great for your kids. I haven't done the Kimmunicators yet and am curious to hear if my kids would enjoy it yet.

Welcome! :flower1:Definitely going to do the passports for my kiddos. I'm looking forward to teaching them hello in the differently languages too :)

So is anyone else out there addicted to Etsy? I rarely ever buy anything, but I just look at the little girls clothes and dream. The chances of me making it to our WDW vacation without an outfit like one of these for my girls, are pretty slim....
il_570xN240452614.jpg

Or this one.....

il_570xN190017667.jpg

If only money wasn't an issue.... My problem is I look at this stuff, and convince myself that I can make it myself....wrong. I am going to attempt to make the kids costumes for MNSSHP though. I'll be sure to let you know how it goes!

Awesome stroller!
We did that last year. I ordered a double stroller from amazon and actually had it shipped directly to the resort (it's a long story but I was traveling solo with 3 kids so I brought the single stroller on the plane and had a new double waiting for us!). So worth it!!! And I love that your DH is already planning the next trip!
I love Etsy but I have so much trouble spending that kind of money on children's clothes. I'm dying to buy stuff for our August trip. We'll see what happens.... :thumbsup2

Amanda

Great stroller! The Disney Apples To Apples game is super fun! It is a great with the pictures, so even non readers can play.

Yes, I also love Etsy, but haven't purchased any of the items that I've fallen in love with yet. The first dress you posted is one of the them. My mom can sew, so we are discussing her making some items for our trip for my little girl. :banana:

Awesome stroller!
We did that last year. I ordered a double stroller from amazon and actually had it shipped directly to the resort (it's a long story but I was traveling solo with 3 kids so I brought the single stroller on the plane and had a new double waiting for us!). So worth it!!! And I love that your DH is already planning the next trip!
I love Etsy but I have so much trouble spending that kind of money on children's clothes. I'm dying to buy stuff for our August trip. We'll see what happens.... :thumbsup2

Amanda

Good idea having the stroller shipped to the resort! I'm thinking about doing that with a case of water this year.

I have the same trouble you do with spending that much on children's clothes. Especially my girls. They can be in a sterilized room and find a way to get dirty.

Great stroller! The Disney Apples To Apples game is super fun! It is a great with the pictures, so even non readers can play.

Yes, I also love Etsy, but haven't purchased any of the items that I've fallen in love with yet. The first dress you posted is one of the them. My mom can sew, so we are discussing her making some items for our trip for my little girl. :banana:

Can't wait to get Apples to Apples in! We also have Disney Pictureka and we have fun with that one too. Ava loves seek and finds and she actually kicked our butts last time we played :)

I'm so tempted to get my mom's sewing machine and see what I can come up with. I've always been crafty and used to make clothes for my barbies when I was little....can't be much harder, right? lol

Those dresses are adorable, wish my girl was little again.....the dresses just wouldn't look as good on my boys:rotfl:
I've never heard of Disney pictureka before, but that is something my kids would love. Also, never heard of Apples to Apples, let alone a Disney version. My kids just LOVE games, and Disney ones even more so!

I think I have driven my DH nuts asking him about our dining plans at Disney....that's where my title of this TR comes in. Since I started planing this trip, it has consumed most of my thoughts and unfortunately for DH my conversations with him....he asked me if I had been bitten by a Disney Bug or something.... I reassured him that I will calm down after I get our ADRs made. I'm not completely sure that's true, but I will be able to rest easier at night after I know that I have the times and restaurants I want. I'm pretty sure I change my mind daily about where we are going to eat, but this is where we stand as of today ;)

Day 1: 1/2 day at MK (closes at 7:00) and dinner at Chef Mickeys
Day 2: Animal Kingdom (closes at 5:00) and dinner at 1900 Park Fare
Day 3: Hollywood Studios - Fantasmic Dining Pkg at Mama Melrose's
Day 4: Epcot - Dinner at Akershus
Day 5: Epcot - Dinner at Via Napoli (back and forth between Via Napoli and Le Cellier)
Day 6: Magic Kingdom - Lunch at The Crystal Palace
Day 7: Magic Kingdom & MNSSHP - Breakfast at Ohana
Day 8: the sad sad day we leave WDW :( probably pay OOP for CS

Here are some CS restaurants I'm intrigued by:
Magic Kingdom-
Tortuga Tavern
Pecos Bills
Cosmic Rays

Epcot-
Lotus Blossom Cafe
Cantina de San Angel (is this on the DDP? The chart says yes, but the individual restaurant page says no)

Hollywood Studios-
Pizza Planet

Animal Kingdom-
Flame Tree Barbeque

Mmmm mmmmmm makes me hungry just typing it. Did I miss your favorite restaurant? I'd love to know if you have had a good (or bad) experience at any of these. :dumbo:

Joining in! We are taking our 18mo old DD in September!

Chef Mickeys :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 (but I prefer Breakfast, which we are trying in Sept)
1900 Park Fare -Never been
Fantasmic Dining Pkg at Mama Melrose's- I have this booked also, we saw fantasmic in '08 and DH loved it but I hate the idea of waiting with a toddler!
Akershus- haven't been(we are skipping this trip because I think DD is too young to appreciate the princesses)
Via Napoli - I would like to try some day!
The Crystal Palace :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Had a GREAT BKFST there on our Honeymoon (doing this in Sept too)
Ohana- Haven't been for breakfast :confused3

Pecos Bills- We plan to try this too (tried it in 07 but we don't remember it)

Epcot- we have only done Electric umbrella and Sunshine Seasons (wasn't thrilled with either)

Hollywood Studios-
Pizza Planet- We Love PP, DH and I actually like WDW pizza :rotfl2: many don't and I like that PP has cookies for dessert rather then the chocolate cake, much easier to save for later! and getting the pizza with a salad is a better deal!

Animal Kingdom-
Flame Tree Barbeque- We prefer Pizzafari but only because I'm addicted to the breadsticks!:rotfl2:

Those dresses are adorable, wish my girl was little again.....the dresses just wouldn't look as good on my boys:rotfl:
I've never heard of Disney pictureka before, but that is something my kids would love. Also, never heard of Apples to Apples, let alone a Disney version. My kids just LOVE games, and Disney ones even more so!

Isn't it sad how fast our kids grow up!!? Apples to Apples is a ton of fun! We have the regular version, but I think Disney will be much better since DD isn't reading yet.

Joining in! We are taking our 18mo old DD in September!

Chef Mickeys :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 (but I prefer Breakfast, which we are trying in Sept)
1900 Park Fare -Never been
Fantasmic Dining Pkg at Mama Melrose's- I have this booked also, we saw fantasmic in '08 and DH loved it but I hate the idea of waiting with a toddler!
Akershus- haven't been(we are skipping this trip because I think DD is too young to appreciate the princesses)
Via Napoli - I would like to try some day!
The Crystal Palace :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Had a GREAT BKFST there on our Honeymoon (doing this in Sept too)
Ohana- Haven't been for breakfast :confused3

Pecos Bills- We plan to try this too (tried it in 07 but we don't remember it)

Epcot- we have only done Electric umbrella and Sunshine Seasons (wasn't thrilled with either)

Hollywood Studios-
Pizza Planet- We Love PP, DH and I actually like WDW pizza :rotfl2: many don't and I like that PP has cookies for dessert rather then the chocolate cake, much easier to save for later! and getting the pizza with a salad is a better deal!

Animal Kingdom-
Flame Tree Barbeque- We prefer Pizzafari but only because I'm addicted to the breadsticks!:rotfl2:

Thanks for all of the input!! I too love the pizza at Disney! In fact I don't think I have ever had anything at Disney that I didn't like :rotfl:

My DS was 18 months old when we took him to WDW the first time. He kept grabbing my face with his hands and turning my head so that we were eye to eye. Then he would say "thank you mommy soooooo much for bringing me here!" It's probably my most favorite memory of him when he was a baby. He doesn't remember it, but I sure do and I wouldn't trade it for anything!

Well, I just started on my first "trial" run of the Mickey Tie Dye shirts. I only made one, and I'm waiting for the dye to set. Not sure how long I'll be able to wait before peeking.

Lesson Learned: When it says to wear rubber gloves....do!! I 'll have some nice dyed black fingers for a while :rotfl2:

#1 Do not use the RIT dye from Wal-Mart. It just doesn't get very bright.
#2 I am not a patient person....lol.....it was absolutely killing me to wait for the dye to set. I kept peeking and ultimately screwed up the shirt. (That's why I did a trial run)

So I'm going to head to Hobby Lobby on Monday and try to find a fabric dye. I'm doing black and orange for MNSSHP and would prefer the colors to stay black and orange (not purple and yellow like mine turned out after washing...)

I am however, very happy with how clear my Mickey Head is. It was what I was most nervous about and it looks so defined! Now to just figure out the dye problem...

Isn't it sad how fast our kids grow up!!? Apples to Apples is a ton of fun! We have the regular version, but I think Disney will be much better since DD isn't reading yet.

Thanks for all of the input!! I too love the pizza at Disney! In fact I don't think I have ever had anything at Disney that I didn't like :rotfl:

My DS was 18 months old when we took him to WDW the first time. He kept grabbing my face with his hands and turning my head so that we were eye to eye. Then he would say "thank you mommy soooooo much for bringing me here!" It's probably my most favorite memory of him when he was a baby. He doesn't remember it, but I sure do and I wouldn't trade it for anything!

I think I would cry if my DD told me that!:) In a good way of course!

#1 Do not use the RIT dye from Wal-Mart. It just doesn't get very bright.
#2 I am not a patient person....lol.....it was absolutely killing me to wait for the dye to set. I kept peeking and ultimately screwed up the shirt. (That's why I did a trial run)

So I'm going to head to Hobby Lobby on Monday and try to find a fabric dye. I'm doing black and orange for MNSSHP and would prefer the colors to stay black and orange (not purple and yellow like mine turned out after washing...)

I am however, very happy with how clear my Mickey Head is. It was what I was most nervous about and it looks so defined! Now to just figure out the dye problem...

So excited to see how these turn out! Please post pics!:surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter