Ivan on Thursday Sept. 16?

Originally posted by SomeSayImGoofy
I think all you need to do is get someone to hit you over the head with a screen door... to get home, you'll have to grab somebodys tacky red-sequined shoes... :)

I'm going on the 19th and sure hope the weather is clear by then.

If somebody needs directions back to oz I can help you out. Just follow me. Believe me, the red shoes don't work (I've tried before).

Toto, I'm still in Kansas for now, but I'm heading for Florida soon.:sunny:

With all of that said, as much as I want to get to Florida in 9 days I will cancel/postpone my plans if Ivan hits and the residents of Florida need for additional visitors to stop coming. I don't want to put any more stress on the good residents of the Sunshine state. Best wishes and my prayers are with all of you.

I'm so sorry to hear how life is for you right now - We were on vacation when Charley hit and I couldn't believe the damage to the Orlando area! I was so scared - We never experienced anything like that - I met so many people who were there at the same time and they said their vacation went on just fine (all of these people flew in, stayed at a theme park resort and flew out!) We drove and saw the damage first hand - We left feeling very sad for the state of Florida - We love to visit for the theme parks, beaches and the warm temp - I love Florida and I hope that IVAN fizzles out way before it hits land! Please know we are thinking of you and hoping the best - We want Florida to stay in one piece!

Sue

I feel pretty good about coming down on the 18th, but I'm a little worried about the weather on the day we fly out... Three-four days after Frances we had massive storms and flooding that kind of shut down transportation for a day... hope this isn't the case the day we fly.

Originally posted by tyco
I'm so sorry to hear how life is for you right now - We were on vacation when Charley hit and I couldn't believe the damage to the Orlando area! I was so scared - We never experienced anything like that - I met so many people who were there at the same time and they said their vacation went on just fine (all of these people flew in, stayed at a theme park resort and flew out!) We drove and saw the damage first hand - We left feeling very sad for the state of Florida - We love to visit for the theme parks, beaches and the warm temp - I love Florida and I hope that IVAN fizzles out way before it hits land! Please know we are thinking of you and hoping the best - We want Florida to stay in one piece!

Sue
Seeing it first hand it the only way to really believe what is happening here.... between the west coast with Charley, the east with Frances & everywhere in between, we are one mess! Can't speak for the PanHandle...but I don't think they are in the best shape from Frances this week either.

A Mickeyfan - Yes I can totally relate, we are down here in Northern Broward County and it's pretty similar. One store has perishibles and the other doesn't and the gas thing will probably start all over again (although we still have stations that never really got "refilled") and that really worries me if we wanted to get out of "dodge" but I just hope we can "dodge" IVAN.

I wouldn't plan a vacation trip until after the threat passes. I know many people do, but I just wish there was more information about how August and September are "peak" hurricane season months. We've been SO DARN LUCKY not to get hit with much the past several years but they've been out there in the waters. We've just been lucky to have some kind of weather system divert them away from us, but obviously we've run out of that luck.

I can't imagine if Ivan hits and it makes sense for the stores to "wait" on stocking perishibles for the tons of $$ lost in throwing all of their previous "bad" food away because of electric outages, of course that doesn't help us.

At least when you go to a restaurant (that is open of course right now), you have some choice of their menu items, but many of them are out of items.

SO if you do go to WDW right after IVAN and it hits the region expect to be inconvenienced A LOT! Gas may be tough to find and forget about finding perishible foods the first few days. ANd, if you can't find them at the stores, don't expect many restaurants to have them either (like WDW restaurants), etc, etc.

Yes we need the boost in tourism but don't get "stuck" in a situation that is just too hard to believe until you're in it! And this one could be even more damaging!! I condsider us lucky with the one that just passed. No electric for 4 or 5 days, could have been worse!!

I'd really wait to see where it goes before I'd go where it went:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter