It's Still Disney Magic to Me! A January 2016 Trip Report (PTR included too) Complete

:welcome:
Hi Steven and welcome! :D Hang on to your hat because this is the wildest ride (er TR) in the wilderness haha! :D

It's time to make the Magic! Visiting the Magic Kingdom 1/11/2016 Part 5
After a magical morning riding fantastic attractions like Peter Pan's Flight, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, The Barnstormer, The Walt Disney World Railroad, and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad as well as meeting amazing characters like Minnie Mouse, Daisy Duck, and Princess Jasmine and Aladdin. However, all this touring made me hungry, so I walked through Frontierland to Pecos Bill Tall Tale Cafe.
IMG_0455.jpg
IMG_0456.jpg
I arrived at the entrance of Pecos Bill, where I was greeted by two bubbly female CMs, who were happy to have me and hand out a menu, which I wanted to peruse as I was hoping to try the Chicken Fajitas, as those were calling my name. Ed, a very friendly and helpful older CM who was a cashier, was happy to take me over and try to answer my question as to whether the tortillas used for the fajitas were corn-based (which I can do as while I am allergic to most grains, I am not allergic to corn and rice) or flour-based? While Ed did not know, he was able to use his earpiece (or whatever those speakers the CMs have (it's not a walkie-talkie as it's not as large) to summon Benji from Pendleton, IN, who proved to be another one of the fabulous CMs I encountered as he was very friendly, polite, hard-working, and determined to make my experience the best he could be. He had the ingredient book with him and he inquired what I wanted to eat as well as my allergies?
I told him that I wanted the Chicken Fajita, but my main concern was about the tortilla as well as the fact that I was allergic to all grains except corn and rice as well as eggs. With that in mind, he immediately turned to the ingredients page for the tortillas. Unfortunately, they were out as they were flour-based. Since Benji still wanted me to be able to eat the fajitas, he looked to see if there were any other allergens. With the exception of egg in an ingredient to flavor the cilantro-rice, they fajitas sans tortillas were fine! :o In addition to substituting the cilantro rice for plain rice, he also offered me two bags of tortilla chips which were corn-based on the side (even though they normally cost extra on the menu) and advised that while my meal would take a couple of extra minutes to cook, this would be because he wanted to prepare the grilled chicken on a separate grill and with a fresh bag of spices, as he wanted to prevent cross-contamination. I also got a Diet Coke to drink. With my order ready, Ed processed it with the POS system and I used my iPhone 6 with Apple Pay to pay for my meal, as it is handy and can be more secure than using a credit card alone. I was thankful for Benji's fantastic service and excited for my meal and while I was waiting, I chatted with Benji, telling him how WDW has been excellent all the times I have been there about accommodating my food allergies and that he was definitely no exception. He also revealed that he was only working at WDW for three months, which surprised me as he seemed very experienced! When I complimented him on the fact that he did not seem new at all, he revealed to me that WDW trained him very well and I happily agreed, as I feel that they definitely do a great job at keeping the standards high! Since Benji wanted to go check on my food and had to take care of other business, we ended the conversation there and I chatted with some other CMs.
A short time before I received my food, I met a lovely lady named Debbie, who was visiting from Mineola, NY, which is about two towns west of where I live. This excited us both as we were both Long Islanders and in addition, she was visiting with her husband and two children for their 17th Anniversary (based on her pin) (Mazel-tov! :D ) and for the WDW Marathon, which they like to do every year. Somehow, we ended up talking about transportation a little bit, as I mentioned how I live two stops on the same LIRR line. At that point, I added that she also lives near a station (Mineola) with some of the best LIRR service, as it is frequent due to the station being busy as well as being served by four lines, which include the Port Jefferson line, the Ronkonkoma line, the Oyster Bay line, and some Montauk line trains. She mentioned that she loves being not too far from the Mineola LIRR, as she is easily able to go to points like NYC and even Jamaica, for the Airtrain to JFK Airport. Since she brought up the Airtrain and I was contemplating using it for when I came home from my trip, I asked her how it was and she said it worked well, as it was quick, inexpensive, and enabled her to avoid road traffic. When she asked how I got to FL, I told her I flew on JetBlue from JFK and she said they used JetBlue too and that they liked using them, although they departed from LGA and were flying back to JFK. Debbie had to head back to her family, but I congratulated her once again on her anniversary and wished them a magical time! Did I see Debbie again later on this trip? Keep reading to find out! :D
About fifteen minutes later, I had my meal, which looked delicious! :D In addition, I could not help taking pictures of the Texas flag hanging near the counter as well as the large toppings bar, which was well stocked with different types of salsa, cheese, guacamole, and more.
IMG_0457.jpg
IMG_0458.jpg
While I loved the very nice atmosphere inside of Pecos Bill, which felt like a Western hacienda with the dark yet warm colors as well as the brownish I think terra cotta floor tiles, I decided to head to the outside seating area, as it was a beautiful day and I wanted to bask in the sun. In addition to looking delicious, I found the meal to be large in portion size and it tasted as good as, if not better than it looked, as the grilled chicken was moist, juicy, and perfectly spiced, the rice was fluffy, the black beans were well cooked, and the tortilla chips offered on the side were crispy and pleasantly salty. I also enjoyed the sides I got from the toppings bar, like a balanced and not spicy tomato salsa, a slightly spicy salsa verde, a filling and slightly spicy corn salsa, and some salty shredded cheese, which I used later to add on to some tortilla chips along with salsa to make makeshift nachos (sorry, I forgot to take a pic:() lol:rotfl2:.
IMG_0459.jpg
While I was eating, I chatted with a very nice mixed-generation family visiting from Atlanta, GA for a bit, which made me feel like I was not alone. After enjoying this delicious and copious meal, I then used the restroom and decided to call my mom, as I wanted to check up on her. While I was doing that, I decided to see what wait times were like for various attractions, but with Haunted Mansion clocking in at a 45-minute standby wait, I decided to take a little break, as I knew that if I waited a little bit, the wait times would die down. So I walked around the Magic Kingdom for a little bit and called my mom, who was doing well and she wanted to know how I was doing? I told her that I was having a wonderful day, as I was full from my delicious lunch and had the chance to do a lot in the morning. Mom was very happy to hear this and she wanted to know my plans for later in the day? I told her that I planned to get a Pineapple Float from Aloha Isle in Adventureland, see the Festival of Fantasy parade, and then take an afternoon break at The Grand Floridian for a little bit. After that, I planned to return to the MK for my FP+ with Anna and Elsa at 5:00PM-6:00PM, more attractions, and Wishes! :D After talking, we ended the conversation as mom wanted me to have a good time and I agreed to call her later :D.
IMG_1796.jpg
Next, I took a picture of Cinderella's Castle after listening to the fantastic marching band.
IMG_1797.jpg
I also took a selfie.
IMG_1798.JPG
While I was in the area, I also found a very bubbly female PhotoPass photographer, who got an excellent photo of me in front of the castle.
IMG_0461.jpg
After visiting the hub area for a bit, I decided to head over to Aloha Isle in Adventureland, as the temperatures were rising and I was feeling a little warm, making it the perfect time for a Pineapple Float :D .

Last edited:
Aladdin and Jasmine are such awesome characters to meet - I'm so glad you had a good interaction with them!

Sounds like you had a good lunch, which really is the perfect way to end a great morning!

It's time to make the Magic! Visiting the Magic Kingdom 1/11/2016 Part 6
After visiting Cinderella's Castle, I had a hankering for a Pineapple Float from Aloha Isle. Somehow, I ended up taking the wrong path, as I was walking through Liberty Square. While I was en-route to Adventureland, I saw the marvelous Liberty Square Riverboat :D.
IMG_0462.jpg
After stopping to marvel the Liberty Square Riverboat, I walked to Adventureland via the walkway connecting Frontierland to Advenutreland and I soon found myself at this oasis in the desert...er Adventureland haha!
IMG_0463.jpg
I liked the new location of Aloha Isle, as it was near The Enchanted Tiki Room and had more counters, which was beneficial as it is very popular and allowed more room for lines to form. After lining up, I was soon helped by Angie, who was a sweet and patient CM from Puerto Rico. We chatted for Puerto Rico a little bit, as I had never been there and was interested in going. She said it is beautiful without a doubt and that I would love it, but it is very hot! After our conversation, I received my Pineapple Float and asked an older couple if I could join them at a nearby table, and they were happy to oblige as I took a quick picture of my treat, which had a base of sweet, sour, and refreshing pineapple juice along with a generous helping of cool, creamy, sweet, and slightly tangy Pineapple Dole Whip.
IMG_0464.jpg
Their names were Herbert and Annie and they were a couple in their 60s from Ontario, Canada. They were happy to have me sitting with them and we conversed about many things, like where we were from and our travels. Somehow, we reach the topic that we both traveled on Sunday and encountered weather delays, as we were both affected by the rain. While they flew from Toronto, I flew from New York-JFK. They said that I lucked out, as I was only delayed about an hour while they were delayed about 4 hours and got into Orlando at 9:30PM! :o. We both agreed that despite the delays, we were still lucky to be able to get to Walt Disney World and not miss our trips. Annie and Herbert also mentioned that they would not be in WDW long, as they were heading down to Fort Lauderdale to visit some friends and then to go on a Caribbean cruise out of Port Everglades. I then mentioned how much I loved the area and hoped to live there one day, as I have been to Fort Lauderdale and vicinity many times, as both sets of grandparents used to snowbird in the area, with my maternal grandparents snowbirding in Highland Beach, FL, next to Boca and Delray Beach and my paternal grandparents snowbirding in Davie, in the Western suburbs of Fort Lauderdale. I also asked if in addition to Fort Lauderdale, if they had been to a nearby town called Deerfield Beach, as that is another area I loved. They said yes and said how they loved it, as it was laid back, with a beautiful public beach and good restaurants, like The Whale's Rib, a seafood shack featured on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives, which we both felt was excellent! After talking about Florida, they talked about their kids, including their daughter, who lives in Dallas, TX, who is a professor at a university. They remarked how inexpensive Texas was compared to Canada or other U.S. states, like New York, as their daughter is able to rent an apartment for $600/month. However, they added that finding a job is hard and that she is lucky to have one, as they understood how hard it is to find a job in this economy, even though things are getting slightly better. This hit home with me as I am still taking classes in order to get a better job, as I am finding that with a mere B.A. in Sociology, jobs are few and far between :(. However, Herbert and Annie knew I was doing well and told me to keep going at it, as they knew I would make it! :) Since the Festival of Fantasy Parade time was nearing, I asked Herbert and Annie if they wanted to join me for the parade? They politely declined as they wanted to relax for a little bit, but thanked me anyway and told me to enjoy the parade. I did not want to leave, but they told me not to worry. With that in mind, I thanked them for a wonderful time and made my way to Main Street USA and thanks to a very nice young family from Orlando, FL and New Orleans, LA, I snagged a spot on the sidewalk across the street from the Starbucks. While I was waiting, I chatted with the family I just met and was also entertained by The Dapper Dans, who performed for us while we were waiting. I also met Brian, a very enthusiastic and pleasantly sassy PhotoPass photographer from Indiana :o. Soon enough, I knew the parade was starting, as the marching band and the Grand Marshals, who I think were from Florida, made their way down Main Street USA.
IMG_0466.jpg
IMG_0467.jpg
IMG_0468.jpg
IMG_0469.jpg
Before the rest of the floats came, I also took a selfie:teeth:.
IMG_0470.jpg
The parade then started, with elegant dancers leading the palatial rose lined float, which featured Belle and the Beast, Cinderella and her prince, Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen, and of course, Queen Elsa and Princess Anna! :D
IMG_0471.jpg
IMG_0472.jpg
Don't worry my fellow DISers, there will be more Festival of Fantasy pictures in my next update! :D

Last edited:
Aladdin and Jasmine are such awesome characters to meet - I'm so glad you had a good interaction with them!

Sounds like you had a good lunch, which really is the perfect way to end a great morning!
Thank you Sarah! :D I love Aladdin and Jasmine too! :D They really are the best and I loved interacting with them. Don't worry, I have had many marvelous interactions with them on my other trips, like when they asked me to howl like a Wolf on my 2014 trip when I mentioned my name was Wolf haha! :rotfl2:

Thank you! I am glad to have tried Pecos Bill and I must admit, I love the new Tex-Mex menu as it is a nice change from the usual, especially because not everyone is into the usual burgers, fries, chicken fingers, et al. Disney food shines in my book thanks to the very good-excellent quality/service and the choice in my book! :D It could not have been a better morning! :D

It's time to make the Magic! Visiting the Magic Kingdom 1/11/2016 Part 7
The palatial rose-lined float, featuring Belle and the Beast, Cinderella and her prince, Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen, and of course, Queen Elsa and Princess Anna was passing down Main Street USA! :D
IMG_0473.jpg IMG_0474.jpg
IMG_0476.jpg
Then, the colorful Tangled float, with its pengulum-like mallets? flanked by a replica of Maximus along with Rapunzel, Flynn Ryder, and dancers and Pub Thugs leading the way.
IMG_0477.jpg IMG_0478.jpg IMG_0479.jpg
Next, I went under the sea, with Princess Ariel on her clamshell float led by dancers who almost looked like creatures from under the sea.
IMG_0480.jpg IMG_0481.jpg
Captain Hook's pirate ship followed, with Peter Pan, Wendy, Captain Hook, and Tinkerbell onboard with Smee, Tick Tock, and some Lost Boys following along :D.IMG_0482.jpg
IMG_0485.jpg
More of the Festival of Fantasy Parade coming your way! :D

It's time to make the Magic! Visiting the Magic Kingdom 1/11/2016 Part 8
After seeing the float for Peter Pan, I caught a glimpse of Mr. Smee (sorry, this was the best pic I could get :(), Tinkerbell, and Tick-tock the Crocodile :D .
IMG_0486.jpg IMG_0487.jpg IMG_0488.jpg
Next, Princess Merida's musical, whimsical, and colorful bagpipe float came down Main Street USA.
IMG_0489.jpg
After Merida's float passed, the imposing, beautiful, and slightly scary Maleficent in dragon-form float was next :scared1:. The float was also flanked by The Good Fairies, Prince Phillip, and stilt-walkers. I mean, how could you not love the fire-breathing? I did not get a picture of the flames, but I did get a picture another day. In the meantime, here are the pictures I managed to get.
IMG_0490.jpg IMG_0491.jpg IMG_0492.jpg IMG_0493.jpg IMG_0494.jpg
After being pleasantly startled by the Maleficent stilt walkers and marveling at the Maleficent float, Snow White, The Seven Dwarfs, Jiminy Cricket, Alice, The White Rabbit, and The Mad Hatter stopped by to say hi to everyone! :D
IMG_0495.jpg
Next up, I see a whale of a float haha! :rotfl2:

It's time to make the Magic! Visiting the Magic Kingdom 1/11/2016 Part 9
Pinocchio, Donald and Daisy Duck, and Pluto then rode in their float, which was large and colorful fusion of Monstro the Whale, Dumbo, and Fantasia figurines :D .
IMG_0496.jpg
IMG_0497.jpg IMG_0498.jpg
Then, Goofy, Chip, and Dale danced their way down Main Street USA:cool1:.
IMG_0499.jpg
Finally, Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse came by hot-air balloon! :D
IMG_0500.jpg IMG_0501.jpg
The Festival of Fantasy Parade was then complete.
IMG_0502.jpg
Wow, I must say that the Festival of Fantasy Parade is amazing and one of Disney's best parades in my opinion! I loved the designs of the floats, especially the Tangled, Peter Pan, Maleficent, Mickey and Friends, and Pinocchio floats. What's an excellent parade without music you ask? Well, I loved the "Festival of Fantasy" song, which was interluded with classic Disney music, like "Beauty and the Beast," "For the First Time in Forever," and "I've Got No Strings" among other songs. All in all, I thought the Festival of Fantasy Parade was awesome and I would definitely see it again! :D Since I felt in need of a break, I decided to leave the Magic Kingdom for a little bit and visit the Grand Floridian, as I wanted to explore it again after loving it from my last trip. After exiting the Magic Kingdom, I saw that a ferry bound for the Grand Floridian and Polynesian Village was arriving, so I lined up to board. After a relaxing ride on the ferry, I found myself enjoying the grandeur at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort by about 4:00PM.
IMG_1799.jpg IMG_1800.jpg
While I was there, I decided to text the two pictures above that I took to my mom and then call her, as I wanted to check in on her. She picked up and was happy to hear from me, as she loved that my day was going very well. In addition, when I added to my text to inquire how she liked the Grand Floridian's lobby, she remarked that she loved it and would love to stay there one day. I happily agreed, as I would love to stay there myself as it is without a doubt a luxurious resort with top-notch service and amenities, which reflect why it received a ****1/2/***** for Overall Quality and a 93/100 room quality rating, which are both excellent and only shy of the Four Seasons, which receives a *****/***** and a 98/100 room quality rating. Also, I told mom how much she would love the Grand Floridian's fitness center and she agreed, as she heard it is the best of all the WDW Resorts. I told her that we will try to stay there one day and hopefully, I will be able to get a Florida Resident Discount once I get down here. After chatting for a bit, we decided to talk later and I got back to resting.
IMG_1801.jpg
After resting for a bit, I decided to use the wifi to download the Disney Shopping application, as I wanted to see where I could find a Frozen hat for our friend's three-year old granddaughter, who is a huge fan of "Frozen." We know this friend of ours through various Affenpinscher breeders, as she breeds Affenpinschers and Papillons in Montana and ended up becoming fast friends with her, which has been awesome! :D Anyway, after typing in frozen hat on the shopping application, I found a light-blue cap with Let It Go written across it, which would be perfect for Queen Elsa and Princess Anna to autograph for her. It also said that it was available and in-stock at The Emporium at the Magic Kingdom, making for a convenient spot to purchase it. I rested a little longer and at about ten of five, I decided to head back to the Magic Kingdom, since I felt rested:).

I love all of your pictures from the Festival of Fantasy parade! It really is such a beautiful and colorful parade, and your pictures really show that!

I love all of your pictures from the Festival of Fantasy parade! It really is such a beautiful and colorful parade, and your pictures really show that!
Thank you Sarah! :D It is a beautiful parade indeed and I am glad that my pictures were able to showcase its beauty. Not to mention, I love the catchy music! :D

It's time to make the Magic! Visiting the Magic Kingdom 1/11/2016 Part 10
After resting at Disney's Grand Floridian for a bit, I then exited the Grand Floridian's second floor mezzanine to the monorail platform at about ten to five.
IMG_0504.jpg
About five minutes later, Monorail Peach arrived after stopping at the TTC and Disney's Polynesian Village Resort as Monorail Silver was operating as an Express Monorail bound for the TTC.
IMG_0506.jpg
Onboard, a couple of young ladies invited me to sit with them. When we met, they told me that they were Disneyland CMs and were visiting WDW for the first time, as they had never been before. They were staying at Disney's Pop Century Resort and were visiting all of the parks. While they absolutely loved WDW, they told me that Disneyland has the key advantage of being able to get around more easily, as you do not have to use resort transportation to get from the hotels to the parks as Disneyland is much smaller in size. I told them I have never been to Disneyland, but would love to visit as it is significant in Disney's history and it has some attractions not found at WDW, like The Matterhorn at DL and Radiator Springs Racers in Cars Land at DCA. They were happy and I also added that I just came from taking a break at the Grand Floridian, as I feel even taking a small break when you can is the best way to recharge your batteries from touring the parks, even though I am a young man as I find that the parks can be overstimulating. The ladies agreed that they felt the same way and were just coming from an afternoon break they were taking at the Pop Century. After the monorail arrived, we bid each other farewell and I made my way back to the security checkpoint.
IMG_0507.jpg
Upon my first observation, I noticed that there was a greater police/security presence than in the past, as I noticed an Orange County Police car along with a couple of officers stationed near the entrance to the security checkpoint. In addition, like earlier in the day, I also noticed that the outside security company doing the secondary security check, which is random and also at the other parks, was operational. When I got to the line, I met a jovial and funny security officer named Mike from Queens, NY. I told him that I was from an area not too far from where he is from, as I am about 20 minutes from the Nassau County/Queens border and that I love visiting Queens. He checked my things and all was well, but he was curious about my Otterbox Drybox that I sometimes use, which is sealed box that I use to keep my iPhone 6 in while I am doing high action activities or activities at/near water, as I want to protect my phone from any damage. He was impressed, as he loved that I make sure my phone is protected and out of the way as he feels it is an investment, which is the way I feel. With my security check complete, I made my way to the secondary security check, which went very well as the officers could not have been nicer and they were very thorough as they checked my wallet, camera, and iPhone 6, since those materials have metals and you have to take out metals. All in all, I found that with this time included, I do not mind the secondary security checks as I feel that they don't add that much time and it keeps things safer, which is important as I know Disney has safety as one of their main priorities along with creating magic. With both security checks complete, I entered Main Street USA, where I witnessed the Flag Retreat for the first time. At this twenty minute ceremony, which is held at 5:00PM everyday, if not almost everyday, members of the WDW Security team lower the flag and then fold it for the day. Patriotic music like "God Bless America" and "The Star Spangled Banner" were performed and of course, Veterans from different branches of service were honored. I am glad that I had the chance to see the flag retreat and I would definitely see it again, as it is an outstanding tradition that is patriotic and uplifting :D.
IMG_0508.jpg IMG_0509.jpg IMG_0510.jpg IMG_0511.jpg
After the patriotic and true to tradition Flag Retreat, my next stop before meeting Anna and Elsa for my 5:00PM-6:00PM FP+ was at The Emporium, where I was going to buy a light-blue baseball cap with Let It Go written across the front. I had a little trouble finding at first, but Lauren, a friendly and helpful CM from Texas, helped me find it and also took care of my purchase, which was fast and easy, thanks to being able to use Apple Pay once again! With that out of my way, it was now time to head to Fantasyland to meet Queen Elsa and Princess Anna at Princess Fairytale Hall.
IMG_0512.jpg
I arrived at Princess Fairytale Hall at about 5:30PM. While the Standby wait was 55 minutes, which is not as bad as it had been when they first debuted in 2014, when they commanded 4-5 hour waits at times! :eek: At the FP+ entrance, I met Laura, a CM who loved my idea of having Elsa and Anna sign a hat for my friend's granddaughter, as she felt it would make a wonderful memento and a nice change of pace for Anna and Elsa from the usual autograph books that they have to sign. After our conversation, Laura invited me inside, where I waited with another small group until Isabel, another bubbly CM, led us inside to their royal hall. I first had the pleasure of meeting Queen Elsa, who was slightly demure but could not have been sweeter! :blush: She welcomed me and talked about life in Arandelle. She asked me if I minded the cold weather and/or snow and I told her that while I don't mind the cold and feel that snow is beautiful, I am not a fan of the snow as in my experience, it makes it difficult to get around. Elsa was not the least bit offended and was quite understanding, stating that Sven, their loyal reindeer friend, makes it easier as he is easily able to navigate the snowy conditions, helping her, Anna, Kristoff, and Olaf and that I should get a reindeer like Sven, as he would help me navigate the snow more easily. She wanted to know if I gave warm hugs and I was happy to oblige and she felt my hug was very warm, as she said that I am able to give warm hugs just like Olaf:blush:. Elsa's hug and her sweet remark warmed my heart and I joked that maybe I am Olaf's human alter-ego and she giggled a little bit. Before we took our photo, I told her about my friend's granddaughter, who is a huge "Frozen" fan and had the chance to meet them on a previous trip in Spring 2015, but would not be able to come back for a while, so I wanted to spread some magic for them. Queen Elsa loved this and was happy to sign her hat, right before we took this beautiful picture :D.
IMG_0513.jpg

After my wonderful meeting with Queen Elsa, I then had the pleasure of meeting Princess Anna, who could not have been more bubbly and chatty! :D Anna first inquired about my well-being, and I told her that I was doing very well! I then asked her and she said that she was doing well too, as she was happy to be with her sister. We gave each other a huge hug and she agreed with Elsa that my hugs were just like Olaf's (aww shucks :blush:). Anna also told me that after revoking their trade deal with The Southern Isles, they made a trade deal with The Northern Isles, which was going well. In addition, she said how thanks to her sister's ice powers, she was able to combine chocolate, one of their favorite foods with ice and cream to make ice cream (mmmmm :D). I asked her how her birthday was, as I saw the "Frozen Fever" short, which was placed before the live action version of "Cinderella" and liked it. She said that her birthday was absolutely wonderful, but was disappointed that I could not make it :(. I told her that I was not in Arandelle, but that next time, I would definitely make it! While my birthday plans are not definite, I extended Anna and Elsa to my birthday, which happens this Summer and they agreed to come! :D After having a long chat with Anna, who is more talkative than I am (and I am already talkative), she was happy to sign the hat for my friend's granddaughter and we had a grand time! :D
PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7581009805.jpg
After my wonderful interaction with Queen Elsa and Princess Anna, I felt absolutely lovestruck:love:. In addition, I felt great also as I was able to provide my friend's granddaughter with a magical gift :D. With a little over two hours until Wishes, there was plenty of time to visit other attractions. Where will I go next? Find out in the next installment :).

Last edited:
I agree with the Disneyland CMs you must visit Disneyland at least once. The two parks are connected by a main plaza which makes "park-hopping" so much easier. Everything is within walking distance: the hotels, the shopping district and both parks. We also enjoyed the classic rides not available in Florida such as "Mr Toad's Wild Ride" and "Matterhorn". Also the "Haunted Mansion" is a beautiful antebellum mansion, complete with extraordinary white columns. While Walt Disney World will always be our favorite, it was nice to visit the place where Walt Disney's dreams became reality and to see the window above the Fire Station where his office is located. The light in the window is always on paying tribute to the man who started it all.

Sounds like you had an awesome meeting with Elsa and Anna - and it's great that you were able to get such a good souvenir for your friend's granddaughter!

And I'm going to agree with the Disneyland CMs - you should definitely try to get out to Disneyland. It's amazing in a totally different way than Disney World. There's a lot there that will seem familiar, but also a lot of new and amazing things to experience!

Following along with you on this trip, too!! You seemed like you had a great time, even if you were by yourself. My family heads to "The World" in thirty days and we are so excited! Can't wait to get our Dole Whip as it is a must do at least once every trip!! Looking forward to your next installment.

I agree with the Disneyland CMs you must visit Disneyland at least once. The two parks are connected by a main plaza which makes "park-hopping" so much easier. Everything is within walking distance: the hotels, the shopping district and both parks. We also enjoyed the classic rides not available in Florida such as "Mr Toad's Wild Ride" and "Matterhorn". Also the "Haunted Mansion" is a beautiful antebellum mansion, complete with extraordinary white columns. While Walt Disney World will always be our favorite, it was nice to visit the place where Walt Disney's dreams became reality and to see the window above the Fire Station where his office is located. The light in the window is always on paying tribute to the man who started it all.
Hi dragonflydoll2! :D I think that I will have to pay a visit to Disneyland sometime, even though I am not sure when I will be on The West Coast or in California? That both parks are connected by a main plaza definitely makes touring easier, as you don't have to worry about transportation and timing to hop from park to park like in WDW. That is true, there are definitely classic attractions in CA like "Mr. Toads Wild Ride" and "Matterhorn." In addition, while you feel Walt's influence in WDW, there is something about walking the same theme park that Walt Disney walked, which is something you can do in Disneyland in California. While I agree with you that Disney World will always be my favorite, I think I will definitely have to go to Disneyland sometime! :D

You meet so many wonderful people! :laughing: And it looks like you're having a ball!
:welcome:
Hi MamaJinji! :D You can certainly say that again and spoiler alert, there will be more wonderful encounters throughout this TR, so stay tuned! :D Thank you I had the time of life for sure and I can't wait to be back in WDW! :D

Sounds like you had an awesome meeting with Elsa and Anna - and it's great that you were able to get such a good souvenir for your friend's granddaughter!

And I'm going to agree with the Disneyland CMs - you should definitely try to get out to Disneyland. It's amazing in a totally different way than Disney World. There's a lot there that will seem familiar, but also a lot of new and amazing things to experience!
Thank you Sarah! :D They were awesome and I cannot wait to meet them again on my next trip. I cannot agree more while I have not heard from my friend's granddaughter, my friend loved the gift I got her and I was glad to spread a little Disney magic:wizard:. I don't know when I will get to go there, but I am going to have to agree with you and the Disneyland CMs as while WDW is the best, there is something special about walking the same streets that Walt once walked and visiting classic attractions and other attractions that may not be available at WDW. Hope to get there soon :D.

Thank you for an awesome trip report. My family is getting ready for our next trip in March and I cannot wait! While we have been to Disney many times, I still enjoy reading trip reports and seeing what other people are doing! I haven't ever written a report myself, but you have inspired me with your excellent writing, and while mine won't be as good, I may give it a try myself. I look forward to reading your 2016 report!
You're welcome pmurphy713! :D Glad to give such a detailed account of my trip, as I want to use the details to keep the memories alive and help others, like you, plan your trip. I am with you as I like viewing trips through other perspectives and I hope you write a TR! :D I know it will be great! :D Have a great time! :D

Following along with you on this trip, too!! You seemed like you had a great time, even if you were by yourself. My family heads to "The World" in thirty days and we are so excited! Can't wait to get our Dole Whip as it is a must do at least once every trip!! Looking forward to your next installment.
Welcome pmurphy713! :D While I was by myself, I absolutely had an awesome time! :D Lucky I wish I could go back sooner, but life is life. Thank you and enjoy a Dole Whip for me! :D

:goodvibes Hi there Wolf!
I just found your TR today, and I read all of it!! It's great! popcorn::

I've been to WDW more than 15 times, but never solo...so I'm planning my first solo trip and I leave in 2 WEEKS! :woohoo:
Reading about your experiences has really helped me to feel like it'll be a great time. I'm really looking forward to just going with the flow, rather than following a more rigid schedule as can happen when you're with a group. :)
Anyway, thank you for sharing your trip with us~ can't wait to hear more! :wave2:
Carla

Hello there!

:goodvibes Hi there Wolf!
I just found your TR today, and I read all of it!! It's great! popcorn::

I've been to WDW more than 15 times, but never solo...so I'm planning my first solo trip and I leave in 2 WEEKS! :woohoo:
Reading about your experiences has really helped me to feel like it'll be a great time. I'm really looking forward to just going with the flow, rather than following a more rigid schedule as can happen when you're with a group. :)
Anyway, thank you for sharing your trip with us~ can't wait to hear more! :wave2:
Carla
Thank you PISCESANGEL! :D I wish I had been to WDW as many times as you have, as this was only my sixth time. I can't believe you are leaving in 2 weeks!:eek: Glad I could provide some solo perspective for you to help your experience and I cannot agree more, going yourself does enable to you go with the flow a little more than being with a group, as you could see things on your own clock! :D You are very welcome and I cannot wait to share more with you! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!