"It's So Beautiful, I'm Crying..." A March '15 Best Friends TR *Updated 4/20*

Thanks so much! I hope I can keep it up! ;)

The salad was delicious! Although I think my fav was probably the chicken. Now I'm getting hungry too!

I've never done breakfast there before, although we did go to the Poly once on a previous trip for Tonga toast which is one of my parents' favs. I don't know how they stay up that late either. If it hadn't been raining, we probably would have gone for a bit, but considering how much we went later in the trip, I'm actually glad we didn't.

Welcome to the party! party:Should be getting a new update tomorrow morning!

Question- how did you get the blue/purple font??

Love those caricatures!! I thought about getting one too...but never have...maybe next time! I always seem to be in too much of a rush!! Looks like you had a good time though at AK and DTD.

That was part of the reason that we did it on the day we went to AK since it closed by 6pm that day. It does take some time to get it done; it took a good 15-20 minutes for him to draw and add color. Plus, there's a good bit of cost; for the full pic w/color and protective tube was about $45 if I remember correctly. But it's a lot of fun and they're even willing to draw things that aren't in the book if you have a specific request.

Question- how did you get the blue/purple font??

First, select the text that you want to change the color on. Then, on the top of the reply box, closer to the left, there should be a box with three A's in it. When you click the first A that's underlined, that the one that changes the color. The next one changes the size and the final one changes the font.

Enjoying your memories, thanks for sharing :)

Just wait until I get to our 2nd day at MK! That's when the fun really starts! ;)

Day 3 – HS ~ Hooray for Hollywood!!

d403a4f7-a359-4318-91fb-46400fbf59d0_zps2p7ejv4c.jpg

(First selfie of the morning!!)

Got up early this morning for rope drop which was more packed than I ever remembered for rope drop before but we already had a plan of attack in mind for this morning.

2c16769c-a0b5-44c7-9f04-13eb12bc33e7_zpstvwq5qse.jpg

Thanks to the tier system for FP+ in HS, the only thing we weren't able to get a FP+ for was Rockin Roller-coaster, especially since Lesly has a slight fear of roller-coaster and wasn't really sure until that morning if she'd even ride it. It actually worked out better that way though since people coming to HS in general tend to head towards TSMM at park opening, leaving that side of the park fairly empty and we managed to get two rides in back to back before the crowds started heading in that direction.

c682641c-845e-42a4-9512-2ab6158f8754_zpspayrjgvh.jpg

By this point, we were all ready for some breakfast, so we headed to Starring Rolls for a pastry breakfast of cherry turnovers, cinnamon rolls, apple danish, and chocolate milk because what else would you drink with that?

b004833f-e7cb-42b1-bfcd-5381747cd111_zps9cchl6ks.jpg

(Gotta love that Apple Pastry!)

Afterwards, we headed to The Great Movie Ride with about a 10 minute wait which wasn't too bad. Finally got the cowboy side this time (I don't even remember the last time we got that) which was exciting, but our tour guide was so perky it was very nearly obnoxious. Not that she was bad (she played the part well) but let's just say that we laughed about it for most of the day. By the time that was done, it was time for our TSMM FP+ so we headed in that direction. Really I can't stress enough how good it was to have a FP+ for this ride with wait times that nearly went into the 2 hour mark. It was a fierce battle but I did manage to get the best score in our car which is always pretty satisfying.

tumblr_ls93h7uH3s1qafrh6_zps299c1b9f.gif

Next we headed to Muppet Vision 3D (always a favorite) then back towards Beauty and the Beast and our ToT FP+. Wait times for ToT also nearly made it to the two hour mark due to the fact that they were refurbishing the right half of the ride, leaving only two working elevators. Until both elevators broke down... We were in line by this point and figured we'd just wait and see how long it took to get back online.

5 minutes turned into 10...
then 15...
then 20...

By that point, people were choosing to get out of line and try to see about getting a replacement FP+ for the ride for later including a rather peeved group of 8 in front of us who made sure to let the workers on the ride know that they were wasting valuable park time waiting on a down ride. Seriously though lady, I'm sure the workers are already aware that you really don't want to be in that line. You don't need to repeat that to them several times... In the end, they did end up getting out of line as well...only for the ride to start working again not two minutes after they had left. Oh well. What goes around comes around. :rolleyes1

By this time, we were ready for lunch so we went to Rosie's for a typical chicken nugget meal
25daf2ff-f89b-4cfc-92f8-be21cc30b0bb_zpsrhj4vnly.jpg

(Great thing about the Meal Plan, you're never in lack of food)

and the Cinderella cupcake which was your typical chocolate cupcake but I had to scrape the frosting off just for the massive amount they put on top.

103b7d60-2168-420b-b154-17a97c62a285_zpsxh2ln5h6.jpg

Afterwards, Dad had decided that he was ready to go back to the hotel for a swim and to rest his legs so he took off while we went to the Indiana Jones show. Mom and I tried our best to get picked to be extras but we didn't make it... Still enjoyed the show though. I wanted to catch one more BATB show (hey, it's tradition) so Mom went on her own to do some shopping while we went back to the show.

80889e72-7734-4302-9f44-3511eb96b88f_zpswmjljgdw.jpg

As I mentioned in my previous post, BATB is one of a handful of shows that have reserved seating which for this is in the lower middle section. But as for me, I don't care to sit in the middle, mostly since I usually like to record the show (what can I say, I'm a huge fan) and I hate having to record around people's heads. In my opinion, the best place to sit at this show (especially if you're planning to record it) is the third row on the right hand side, sitting on the end closest to the center section. It's a great view of almost all the action and while I didn't record this trip, I've gotten great shots here from that seat. Plus, there have been occasion where there have been deaf audience members and they've brought in two cast members who completely sign the entire show. I've haven't seen them there too often, but I highly recommend checking them out when you see them there.

Or you can watch a recording of it here!

The show was great as usual, (pretty much an entirely new cast since the last time we came to Disney) but we couldn't help but watch the older gentleman in the motor scooter on the front row who seemed to be more excited about the show than any of us; always the first one to clap and we caught him saying the words to all the song. Definitely one of the sweetest things I've seen at this show. By the time the show ended, we were able to get in to Fantasmic and came in early enough to get really good seats. Not much to say about the show; it's not one of my favorites. But it's still an enjoyable show.

Once the show was over, we headed back to the hotel to get dinner and ready for bed, only to find that Dad had gone to Downtown Disney to check out DisneyQuest (which we had a free voucher for) and for a futile search for Ben-Gay. Not going to forget to bring that next time. Watched TV for a bit and would have slept all night had it not been for the cricket that found its way into our room and chirped all night. Oh yeah...

NEXT POST: BoG restaurant, the Disney Character Selfie project, and 'OMG! Is that Peter Pan?!' (Hang on to your seats folks! We've got a lot to cover!)

Last edited:
Looks like a fun day at HS!! I haven't been there in so long I don't remember all that much...you are making me want to go back. Those cupcakes looked good!

Day 4 ~ 2nd day at MK ~ 'Do you wanna take a selfie?'

a4fc7fa6-859d-4e2e-a930-6895441a443f_zpsmr7b2dqu.jpg

So much was planned for today, I hardly know where to start. Had a slightly rough start to the morning when Dad had bent his glasses and I (being an optician) attempted to fix them, only to end up breaking them. Oh yeah... Great start... Thankfully, he only really needs them for reading so at least he wasn't blind for the rest of the trip. Got in one of the longest lines ever for a MK bus, but the bus crew was very organized and we were on the bus within 10 minutes. Made it to the park a little after rope drop and since we hadn't done anything in Tomorrowland yet, we headed in that direction.

ce227ab7-b4bd-423b-8c5e-f157421118d8_zpsi9t7yl8p.jpg

No wait for Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, so we hopped on there first. Certainly not as good as TSMM being that the targets are especially hard to hit in my opinion, but we still enjoyed it. Mom and Dad had FP+ for Space Mountain but since we were attempting to get into BoG for lunch which was right during their FP+ time and since it only had a 10 minute wait, Lesly and my folks went for a ride while I opted out since Space Mountain hadn't been too kind to my stomach the past few trips. As they came out of the ride, we saw Stitch coming out with no one in line and not wanting to pass up this opportunity, hopped in line to get pics.

47025cc4-fadd-40b1-b909-ad78aeed8407_zpsw8zduqwr.jpg

28db7d9e-2634-4b25-bee4-36369c92b23e_zpse2nusegm.jpg

Stitch was absolutely adorable and I could keep hearing him giving kisses which I thought was really cute. I couldn't resist the opportunity during pics to ask for a selfie with him which he was more than happy to do.

e62ca1c4-0194-4c0d-9572-ee1e1d07d395_zpsq4phydrd.jpg

And it got me to thinking that since we had the A&E meet and greet later and Lesly and I both wanted to see Gaston and Peter Pan, why not make a day of it to see how many selfies I could get with the characters? And so, the Disney Character Selfie project was born!

Stitch's Great Escape was just about the only other thing that we hadn't done in Tomorrowland, so we headed over there next. Personally, I wish they would bring 'Alien Encounter' back although I do understand why they got rid of it. (I still remember wanting to hop in Dad's lap when it first came out.) Still, I don't think I'd mind it so much if they got rid of the part where Stitch burps a chili dog...

Since I wasn't able to score a lunch ressie for BoG despite my best efforts, the wonderful people on the DISboards suggested that we get there for 10:30 and try to get in the stand-by line. By the time we made it to Fantasyland, it was still too early so since the time for Gaston to come out was coming up, Lesly and I hurried to get in the line. I had heard several stories about what meeting Gaston was like and how he's one of the best face characters to see so my expectations were rather high. And I'm pleased to say he did not disappoint.
61a2b7b9-ee4b-4329-a1c6-50bf36157b60_zps5bvcanv4.jpg

45b13745-8aff-4917-95a3-06dd4fddeef1_zpscakm8ip3.jpg

He was absolutely hysterical; flirting with all the girls, telling all the guys that they need to eat more eggs and even ruffling my short hair after my turn which is secretly one of my favorite things. He's so unbelievably charming and also one of the best characters to do a selfie with.
128d47f9-43a4-4d96-9b51-3dd1879f87a8_zpskokanq1d.jpg

(The eyebrow game is strong with this one) ;)

Once we finished that, we headed over to BoG and after a short wait (maybe 15 minutes) we made it in! Coming from a die-hard BATB fan, this was everything I thought it would be and more with the themeing being absolutely top-knotch. Although we didn't get to eat in them, we did get a chance to check out the West Wing and the main Ballroom which were absolutely beautiful and ended eating in the Rose room which was lovely as well.
7afcb317-2807-49f0-ad27-c50f82b0f6c7_zpsxkzsppe7.jpg

cbfa9ca9-28e1-4b4a-9880-0986bf4d1fa2_zpsgm5zik2w.jpg

bf8c1e4f-a74c-4f9f-9024-54f0089369ae_zps8wcaxwyh.jpg

We were all really impressed which the fact that they could find us where we sat without us telling them and we all thoroughly enjoyed our meals. Mom and Lesly had the tuna salad, while Dad had the prime rib sandwich and I had the Turkey sandwich. Definitely one of my favorite meals that we had this trip.
1c305da1-043f-4ba0-b7b1-9922f858b6b7_zpssxqibolt.jpg

Plus I wasn't going to leave without trying 'the Grey Stuff' so I knew I had to get the Master's Cupcake which was indeed delicious.
ddf04711-6379-436b-8c54-0aed889cbc45_zps6c1yw4jb.jpg

Because Lesly and I had different FP+'s planned for the day, we decided to go ahead and split for the afternoon and roamed around Fantasyland; going 6 different times to the Tangled bathrooms, (They're so PRETTY!!) shopped in the BATB area where I got a Lefou's brew (likely wouldn't get this again) and Lesly bought a foam crown (without giving me any explanation as to why,) rode Cinderella's carousel (a ride I hadn't been in 15+ years) and used our FP+ for Haunted Mansion. Since we knew Peter Pan was about to do his M&G in Adventureland, we headed in that direction and watched the tail end of the Festival of Fantasy parade. Neither Lesly or I are big parade people so we were content to watch from a ways off. But Mom and Dad got a closer view and some really good shots.

274c24c6-18e5-4923-8810-159148ed0932_zpsxrfnab6v.jpg

06c0f6b5-0643-4e50-8972-b9a4e14e6ff8_zpslfqwjx0p.jpg

969ef85e-ce52-4b38-944f-0f9593d828ea_zps2uyjnzz3.jpg

804ec4dc-409e-4143-9da6-b9b306e09101_zpszpdzwbmv.jpg

When we saw the end of the parade coming, we got up and headed back into Adventureland. It was time to meet Peter!

NEXT POST: A reunion over two years in the making and the best moment of the entire trip. :)

What a wonderful day!! So glad you go in to BOG!! I loved it there too...wished I could have stayed longer!

So pleased to hear you were able to make it in to BOG. It is definitely one of the main "events" I am excited for on my impending trip.

Enjoying your adventures and can't wait to hear about Peter Pan's meet and greet.
I'm not big on standing in line to have my picture with a character but I saw a video of Gaston's meet and greet and I think I'll be adding some face characters like him to my list of "to do".

Looking forward to your next post. I'm enjoying them as if it were me. Waiting on some things to see if I can get my next vacation on the calendar.

What a wonderful day!! So glad you go in to BOG!! I loved it there too...wished I could have stayed longer!

I'm glad we made it too. :) Really would like to eat in the West Wing next time. Except I thought they had it rather dark in there...

So pleased to hear you were able to make it in to BOG. It is definitely one of the main "events" I am excited for on my impending trip.

BOG was probably my favorite restaurant this trip; the food, the atmosphere, everything was fantastic. And I didn't find it especially hard for us to get in for lunch.

Enjoying your adventures and can't wait to hear about Peter Pan's meet and greet.
I'm not big on standing in line to have my picture with a character but I saw a video of Gaston's meet and greet and I think I'll be adding some face characters like him to my list of "to do".

Looking forward to your next post. I'm enjoying them as if it were me. Waiting on some things to see if I can get my next vacation on the calendar.

I'm not a big go-see-characters-and-take-pics person but if you go see anybody, he's really is worth going for. :lovestruc So glad you're enjoying it so far!

Day 4 ~ MK (cont.) In which I become an 'Honorary Lost Girl'

So here it is! The part of my TR that I've been excited to post since day one! Meeting Peter Pan!!

tumblr_m933xrAvIj1r3huu1_zps111b89dc.gif

Seriously, this post is all about Peter... :teeth:

As I mentioned in my intro, I have a pretty hard crush on Peter Pan. And why not?! An adventurous (and rather cute) boy that brings you to a place where you never grow up. Sounds like my kind of place.

pit2_zpskmipjxce.gif

And since I forgot to get a pic with him at my up-close and personal encounter during our previous trip because I was completely star-struck when he asked if he was in the story I was writing (my previous attempt at a trip report) my ultimate goal for this trip was to go see Peter and hopefully get a pic with him. And after sharing my story of my previous encounter with Peter, it didn't take much to convince Lesly to do it with me. Thanks to our getting there early, we were the third or fourth people in line. Oh yeah! This is happening!! :banana:

tumblr_inline_n96m56VWnu1rw0b2w_zpsrzv2unq1.gif

I've always joked with people that the main people who would come to see Peter Pan were usually girls within the 13-30 range and this time was no exception. Who was I kidding? We were right up in there along with them. My favorite though was the group of four teens behind us, with one of the girls dressed to the nines and a blue bow in her hair for Wendy. Peter hadn't even made it out yet before she started getting really excited which made for some fun conversation between us and them.

Peter came out to the M&G with his signature crow (and looking absolutely adorable; ) an exciting way to start things off. And the first group went up while Lesly and I silently fangirled a bit and decided how we were going to do this. We both wanted our own separate turns; Lesly for a reason she wouldn't tell me and me for my selfie project so we decided to let her go first and I'd go after. After a few minutes, (and much more fangirling by the two of us and the girl behind us) it was finally our turn. Lesly went up and immediately Peter was drawn to the crown on her head which he took off to put on his own head and asked if she had taken it from his treasure trove. This went on for a few minutes (thanks to the CM who was nice enough to record the whole thing on Lesly's camera even though it's really too dark to see) and then it was my turn. He seemed really pleased with the Peter Pan pin that wore for the occasion and I guess he must have been able to tell I was a little nervous, so he asked what I'd like him to do for me to which I replied that I wanted him to make me a Lost Girl. When I asked that, he got a big grin on his face and went into all the requirements with me. Which went a bit like this:

Peter: To be a lost girl, you need to know how to do a lot of things.

Me: Like?

Peter: Well you to be able to keep up with your shadow and know how to sew on shadows.

Me: I can do that. (Total lie. Can't sew a thing...) :rolleyes1

Peter: You have to know lots of stories.

Me: I know tons.

Peter: And you need to know how to make pancakes. (Cause apparently Peter and the Lost Boys have a thing for pancakes)

Me: I know how to do pancakes but my brownies are better. Would you take that instead?

After agreeing to brownies, he then had me take up the official oath which I don't remember (gotta look back at the tape) then declared me an 'Honorary Lost Girl' plus his new 'Mother', and said that I was his fourth one today. Nice. :rolleyes: Just as quickly as it started, it was over but not before I got my selfie which I think was my favorite of the whole trip.

afb68eb5-d664-47ba-a416-7083bbb060c4_zps8bynmffy.jpg

God he was so cute... :lovestruc

We were so excited about the experience, we totally forgot about our new friend with the Wendy bow (hope your experience was awesome too) and skipped back off to Fantasyland for our 'Enchanted Tales with Belle' FP+, declaring that nothing could top meeting Peter Pan and we could go home now totally happy.

Oh yeah... We were on cloud 9. :cloud9:

Somewhere between there and our FP+, I mentioned to Lesly that Peter seemed pretty intent on wearing her crown and she gives me the smile she always does when she's up to something and says, “I know. That's why I bought it.”

:confused:

She then proceeded to remind me about the scene in the sequel to Peter Pan, 'Return to Neverland' where Peter shows Wendy's daughter, Jane, where he keeps all of his treasure and one of the items happened to be a crown which he wore for a few seconds of the movie. I couldn't believe it; the fact that she remembered the scene, that I didn't remember even though I'm almost as big a fan of Peter Pan as I am of BATB, and the fact that she bought that crown just on a hunch that he might play off of it. It was something that was so crazy that I'd do it, and I had never been more proud at that moment to call her friend and as big a nut as me.

de9427de86b5882ce86fcb5038f4d3e7.jpg_zpsrskmv1zj.gif

ETWB was just as awesome as I remembered, although I hate we didn't get to see all the details of the cottage that you do in the standby line. Lesly loved all the effects that they had, including the mirror and Wardrobe. We had a great time watching the kids play all the parts, plus it brought back memories of Dad being the Wardrobe on our last trip. Good times... :thumbsup2

After a quick meet-up with Mom and Dad at the carousel to catch up and show our character meet-up pics, it was time for the big one. The Anna & Elsa meet and greet!

Suspense.

Love the crown story. That is too funny!
now I have to watch Peter Pan again to find the scenes. I'm not real good at remembering details until someone tells me about them and I look for them. LOL I need to find a Disney friend like you have.

What a great day!! So much fun!! Funny you mention the stand-by line for ETWB....I didn't know there was much to it since we used a FP too...next time. Also re: the West Wing...when we went, my DD originally wanted to eat there...when we first went in, she got scared because it was so dark...so we looked around and couldn't find a table in the other rooms and ended up there anyway...she loved it once she got used to it but was freaked out at first!

Suspense.

Love the crown story. That is too funny!
now I have to watch Peter Pan again to find the scenes. I'm not real good at remembering details until someone tells me about them and I look for them. LOL I need to find a Disney friend like you have.

Yeah, it's only for about a minute in the sequel and I'm usually very detail oriented so I'm surprised I didn't even realize it until she said something. It's good to have Disney friends.
:mickeyjum

What a great day!! So much fun!! Funny you mention the stand-by line for ETWB....I didn't know there was much to it since we used a FP too...next time. Also re: the West Wing...when we went, my DD originally wanted to eat there...when we first went in, she got scared because it was so dark...so we looked around and couldn't find a table in the other rooms and ended up there anyway...she loved it once she got used to it but was freaked out at first!

It's got some really wonderful details inside the cottage; one of my favorites being a portrait of Belle and her mother that I think is very sweet. Definitely want to try to eat in the West Wing if I get the chance to go back to BoG!

I'm so sorry for neglecting this TR for so long but life's been so crazy lately that I FINALLY had a chance to go ahead and post the next chapter of my TR! So without further ado...

Day 4 ~ MK (cont.) 'The Selfie Project continues and 'OMG it's Elsa!!'

First off, let me point on right now that I'm not a huge Frozen fan. I mean, I saw the movie, know (and love) the songs ('Let It Go' is one of my favorites to sing in the car by myself ;) ) but I just wasn't impressed with the movie as a whole even though I absolutely adore Olaf.
tumblr_mytixqdYzb1s7bqyto1_250_zpskbrqrrmh.gif

tumblr_mw3hgozdCI1skiltjo2_250_zpsotww44vp.gif

tumblr_mw3hgozdCI1skiltjo4_250_zps4fjxujnz.gif

So why even do this meet and greet?

Had I been on this trip by myself, I probably wouldn't have since I'm not much of a meet and greet person (with the exception of Peter Pan and Gaston.) But since Lesly is more of a fan of the movie than I am, I had heard nothing but good about this M&G and as I said before, the two of us are pretty much Anna and Elsa. So I was one of the many that was up that first morning of that 60 day window to grab a FP+ and managed to get one around 5:30-ish. Later than I would have liked, but that was ok. So we went ahead and got in the FP+ to wait our turn to get in and were put behind two moms with 3 4-6 year olds and a few other people.

We had only been waiting for a few minutes when we hear one of the moms say several times to the little boy in the group to not swing on the rope, followed a few moments later by a very audible 'THUMP'. Turns out the dividing rope was one of those that attached in the middle by magnet, so when he kept playing and leaning on it, it finally gave way and he ended up hitting the stone floor face first. Thankfully, he didn't seem to be seriously hurt but by that point, he was in a bad mood and the entire group ended up leaving the line. So needless to say I felt bad for them, partially for the fact he hurt himself (You were told not to swing on the rope by your mom and the CM; you should have listened...)
tumblr_inline_n5eiohsRrs1rz4m4k_zpsir1uxbvj.gif

but mostly because I'm sure that this family was also one that had gotten up early for the FP+, only for the whole group to miss out... Hopefully they were able to come back later.

After they left, the excitement was starting to get back to normal with all of us who were waiting and within 5 minutes, we were brought in. While Anna and Elsa meet in the same room, they greet you separately which I think is a really good idea for individual time and to keep the line moving. (Stand-by times were consistently over an hour and a half)

The family that was two groups in front of us had actually brought a cake with them in a box and were having all the characters sign it with a frosting pen. Neat idea, but I couldn't see myself carrying around a cake all day. The group was spending a little more time with Elsa, so Anna actually came by the line to chat with all of us, say hello to the kids in line and see if any of us had any chocolate. (No one did.) We only waited about another 5 minutes before it was our turn and for this one, we decided to go together instead of separately. We had a great time with the two of them, both were very talkative and sweet, plus they really liked the fact that I had my 'I Like Warm Hugs' shirt which I got a hug from both of them and of course, the selfies!

a2652d1d-d09a-445b-ac14-6fe72e418bfc_zpsefjmgt9z.jpg

a5489937-ea06-4b8a-a0af-189df139e94b_zpsw5op5qlu.jpg

All in all, it was a great experience and a real highlight for us. Anna was Lesly's favorite, while Elsa was mine. But it makes sense considering our personalities. ;) I wouldn't mind doing it again, but only if I could get a FP+ for it since I think 1-2 hours is far too long to wait for a meet & greet. However, for the Frozen fan or fan of meet & greets in general, it's a great experience and one of my favorite's during this trip.

NEXT POST: Still more selfies and a unexpected encounter with an Instagram celebrity!

In the end, they did end up getting out of line as well...only for the ride to start working again not two minutes after they had left. Oh well. What goes around comes around. :rolleyes1
:rotfl: Isn't that how things always work! :rotfl:

Had a slightly rough start to the morning when Dad had bent his glasses and I (being an optician) attempted to fix them, only to end up breaking them.
Oh no! Well at least he didn't need them for everything.

Certainly not as good as TSMM being that the targets are especially hard to hit in my opinion
::yes:: I'm glad there are others that feel this way! I totally agree!

As I mentioned in my intro, I have a pretty hard crush on Peter Pan. And why not?! An adventurous (and rather cute) boy that brings you to a place where you never grow up. Sounds like my kind of place.
Sorry, but I have never understood the attraction towards a man that doesn't want to grow up and wants you to be his mother. :confused3 No thanks. I'll stick to a man that can be an equal.

but I just wasn't impressed with the movie as a whole even though I absolutely adore Olaf.
I feel the same way. I love my daughters love of the movie though.

We had only been waiting for a few minutes when we hear one of the moms say several times to the little boy in the group to not swing on the rope, followed a few moments later by a very audible 'THUMP'. Turns out the dividing rope was one of those that attached in the middle by magnet, so when he kept playing and leaning on it, it finally gave way and he ended up hitting the stone floor face first. Thankfully, he didn't seem to be seriously hurt but by that point, he was in a bad mood and the entire group ended up leaving the line. So needless to say I felt bad for them, partially for the fact he hurt himself
THat mom is nicer than I would have been. You get little sympathy from me when you hurt yourself doing something you were warned against doing in the first place.

The family that was two groups in front of us had actually brought a cake with them in a box and were having all the characters sign it with a frosting pen.
An interesting but strange Idea. Wonder what that cake tasted like after a day in the hot sun? :crazy2:

I have the same worries about the cake though it is a neat idea...let's hope maybe they came to the park just for that meet and then went to go eat the cake...hoping! Glad you had fun though...I don't think anything, much less a meet and greet...is worth waiting over an hour for...that's just not fun for anyone. I'd be pretty mad if I was that mom who had to get out of line after booking the FP+ so far in advance...I was stressed already that things wouldn't work out according to my plan and my DD is 9...so I can't imagine. It's hard to roll with the punches when they force you to be a super planner!! But it worked out well for you guys at least with your FP+!

DAY 4 ~ MK (still cont.) Racing through Tomorrowland and meeting Tinkerbell

By the time we finished with Anna and Elsa, we were all pretty hungry so we headed to Aunty Gravity's for something to eat and to give our phones a little recharge. Usually it's during these downtime moments that Mom and I would post our pics from the day and I had several character selfies that I wanted to post, so while Dad and Lesly were chowing down, I got onto Instagram only to find that one of my favorite Instagrammers, davyakins, an entertainment cast member at Magic Kingdom had just posted a pic of himself with Jasmine!

There are several people who work and are regularly at Disney that I follow, (another of my favorite's being arglefump) and I had hoped (though I didn't think it would happen) that I'd get to meet one or both of them during this trip in person. So when I saw his post, I got very excited that he might be here. So I took a chance and left a comment asking if he was in Magic Kingdom and if so, I'd really love to get a picture with him. A few minutes later, he replied back saying that he was still in the park and he'd be more than happy to meet up for a pic. Needless to say, I had to force myself to patiently wait while Lesly finished eating. But once she was finished, we took off like a rocket and raced through Tomorrowland for the impromptu meet-up. We actually ended up finding him with one of his friends by Merida's meet and greet and once I introduced myself and mentioned that we had bolted over here to find him, we had a few minutes to chat, plus confirm who I thought he was 'friends' with. (Turned out I was right ;) ) He was very sweet, was very touched when I mentioned that he was one of my favorite Instagrammers and was more than happy to take a selfie with me in front of Cinderella's castle.

2c7236ee-606d-4314-98d9-e3e247935bba_zpsx4s7tr1m.jpg

After we said our good-byes and I bought a bottle of water for Lesly to thank her for running through Tomorrowland for me on a full stomach, we were at a loss as to what to do next. We had gone on everything we wanted to and it was still too early to stake out a spot for the parade/fireworks, so we decided to roam on Main Street for a bit and shop. And that was our plan, until we saw it was only a 15 minute wait to see Tinkerbell! Do I dare go for my 7th selfie? YEAH I AM!! The wait wasn't too bad, though it was more like 20-25 minutes, but the way Tinkerbell's M&G is decorated was incredible. Plus I love that everything's 'Pixie-sized'. Tink herself was lots of fun. I had to tell her about Peter making me a Lost Girl which she was totally fine with (apparently Tink isn't as jealous as she used to be) and I think I threw her for a bit when I said that he made me his 4th mother and demanded pancakes. But she came back really quick and said that he'll insist on pumpkin since that's what she introduced him to. We talked a little more about the other fairies, and I did manage to get selfie #7!

2d5b9c45-4e65-4f09-9991-095645b524b8_zpshyek3rmw.jpg

We did consider going to see Mickey, but with the wait pushing an hour, neither of us wanted to that badly. So since Mom and Dad were heading to Main Street to stake out a spot and we weren't ready to just yet, we decided to go on an old favorite, the PeopleMover, for our last ride of the day.

Which went great...until the ride stopped...in a tunnel...in the dark at Space Mountain.

At first we didn't think anything of it...and then the lights came on. Oh lordy... :sad2:

Five minutes went by, then ten, then fifteen. Around that time, we sent a text to Dad that we were stuck on the ride and might be running late. It was another 10 minutes and several cast members rushing by before we finally got up and running again, but we were just glad we'd be getting off in time. After we got off, we hurried back over to Main Street for the MSEP with about 10 minutes to spare. We had a great time watching the parade (although I still really miss Spectromagic) and afterwards followed the parade for a spot for Celebrate The Magic and Wishes! Needless to say it was really packed full and somewhere between waiting with sore feet and people putting kids on their shoulders right in front of us, I was starting to wish I would have just bitten the bullet and gotten the FP+ reserved seating for the show. Still the show was as great as I remembered it; Dad was really impressed with the effects used on Celebrate The Magic since he hadn't been since they had started doing this show. And of course there must be fireworks pics!

89a96e5d-1c8a-4d71-81ec-a6ba77e8b063_zpsgtpael3c.jpg

b800ff9e-9c18-447e-b8e1-888722ab3362_zpsno46de1x.jpg

Afterwards, we had the wonderful task of following the crowd out to the buses... Again, it's just as I remembered it. Thankfully, the transportation system was still very organized and we were on a bus back to the hotel very quickly. Once there, we all got showers and I believe we shut off the lights before midnight. And no more cricket chirps.

UP NEXT: Our last full day at Disney... TIME TO GO TO EPCOT!!!

Space Mountain seems like a neat ride to be on with the lights on. Or terrifying. I'm not sure. And a nice end to the day for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter