It's Sad to Think...

Discussion in 'Disneyland Community Board' started by bethwc101, Feb 4, 2013.

1. KelsBleep

KelsBleep Earning My Ears

Oh man, the Skyway! That is my first real vivid memory of Disneyland!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. CaptainEIEIO

CaptainEIEIO Even if you choose not to decide you still have ma

I get to see this whenever I want. We bought a VCR tape that Disney put out of the parade when we were there and it was showing. It was in the parks the last year before the parade ended and I snagged one up.

I would actually like to see Pirates without Jack Sparrow in it, and I really miss the old Skyway.

4. jlmarr

jlmarr See you at Fenton's

20,000 Leagues Under The Sea Exhibit! (What was that, a B Ticket?)

Now that you mention it, maybe that's what I miss the most.

5. bethwc101

bethwc101 Mouseketeer

Another one I miss is the original Star Tours. This new one is great, but just not the same fore me. But luckily we have A Day at Disneyland which shows all of the good times at Disneyland.

6. rowan1813

rowan1813 Disney Princess since birth

What's really funny is I miss walking through the parking lot to get to the gates and my dad pointing out the parking spaces that Club 33 members got to park in (right next to the entrance). I remember being young and my dad pointing them out to me and I remember vowing that I would one day be a member of Club 33 just to be able to park in those spots. Not because of the wonderful food or history of the club, but because of the parking spots (walking across the parking lot was a long way for a 5 year old kid). Odd thing to miss and reminisce about, but a good memory for my dad and I.

7. lisachrystine

lisachrystine Mouseketeer

This is still one of my all time favorites. I hope that one day they'll bring it back to Main Street where it belongs!

This bothered me, too. As much as I like Disney characters, it's ok to have some things without them, too.

I like the new Star Tours, but I found myself really missing the loud Star Wars theme music when I got off the ride. It was sort of anticlimatic to me to have a different part of the soundtrack.

You're not alone! There's something about pulling through the parking gates and being *right there*. No security to go through, just a large expanse of parking spots between you and that turnstile. I remember being soooooo excited when we got there early enough to be parked up close. :cool1:

8. Poohs100AcreWood

Poohs100AcreWood Tubby little cubby all stuffed with fluff

For me, it's the Country Bear Jamboree, Electrical Parade, and the People Mover.

Also, if anyone has any clue what I'm talking about, but I miss the viewing window from the old Space Mountain queue. It was a window into the ride and you could faintly see the cars whipping by. No one in my family remembers this, but I do and I want it back!

9. todzwife

todzwife <font color=darkorchid>There's nothing worse than

Parking right out front of the park and walking up to the ticket booths!

Of course, Country Bears (particularly the one that came out of the ceiling on the swing, she was my favorite)...

And being able to go in the "off season" and walk on to EVERYTHING.