It's official - We're not going.

piglets

DIS Veteran
Reservations have been cancelled, vacation days have been cancelled and I am very depressed!

I was heading down this Friday on a mother/daughter trip, but Mum is most upset with world affairs, US/Canada relations, not to mention SARS, that it was decided that we should not go.

I know in my heart that we would have been safe, but we just feel that it would be hard going and trying to have a good time while the world is in such turmoil.

To everyone that is forging on - I wish you the best of times and I wish I was going too--I guess I'll just have to put some more time into planning!

hopefully when this is all resolved your Mum will feel more comfortable about going.

I am sorry to hear that you had to cancel your trip-it can be difficult when you are so looking forward to something. Perhaps when things settle down you can plan a even more wonderful trip!
Grover in Winnipeg
:)

Awww....I'm sorry Piglets. :(

Start planning again, that next trip will be here before you know it! :)

how dissappointing:( i think you should choose a new date and start planning again too:D

kathe

The best remedy for a disappointment like this is to start planning an even more fabulous trip! I know everyone here will be more than willing to help you;) .

Maybe you should even go ahead and plan your fantasy trip - where would you stay, eat etc. I'm thinking I'd be staying at the Poly and eating at Victoria and Albert's!

You can start re-planning and maybe your next trip can be twice as long!

I'll give Piglet a hug from you!

Scratch

:(

Thank you everyone for your kind words and support. I don't think that I have ever had to cancel a planned trip before and I was feeling really bummed out!

However, I am starting to feel better again and I am going to start planning again for November........

I might even have to think about checking out one of your wonderful DIS meets that I have read about for the last couple of years, but was too shy to attend!

Many thanks again to all....

Maureen:wave:

I feel for you. I'm sorry you cancelled. I hope you have a fabulous trip in the future. I'm going soon and am nervous for the same reasons you are. Between Air Canada, Sars and the war I feel like I'm slowly going insane-but I STILL WANT TO GO...I really need a vacation as I'm sure everyone else does too. Doesn't it seem like there is just way too many stressful things happening here at home these days?
Anyhow best of luck on your future trips :)

Hi Maureen, I'm sorry too that you've cancelled your trip but that you are now looking forward to November. Please don't hesitate to join us for one of our DIS meets! We really are a friendly bunch and love to meet new Disney fans. You are welcome to join us this Sunday in Toronto at Yorkdale or there will be another in Hamilton for a weekday lunch at Limeridge Mall, after Sammi gets back from her trip. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter