It's official - Back To The Future is closing

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by crazy4wdw, Mar 21, 2007.

1. crazy4wdw

crazy4wdw DIS Veteran

No Future for Back to The Future

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. thefirebuilds

thefirebuilds Mouseketeer

probably the coolest ride when i was a little kid, and a giant leap forward. I always thought star tours was a ripoff in comparison.

but im sure it is very tired, i havent been there since it opened.

4. EUROPACL

EUROPACL DIS Veteran

I hope whatever they replace it with, that the ride is a lot smoother then either Star Tours or BTTF. Both of those rides are rough on the back and neck. Still kind of sad though that ride is a classic

5. thefirebuilds

when youre 14 and your primary food group is mt dew theyre pretty cool

6. EUROPACL

EUROPACL DIS Veteran

I think it has more to do with the ride technology being really old. I have no problems with The Hulk, Dueling Dragons, The Mummy, Tower of Terror or any of the other thrill rides at Disney or Universal... heck Ceder Point doesn't offer me any problems....but those two rides are just plain rough.

7. thefirebuilds

wheres the poster who will tell me what to think about disney management because a ride is closing at a rival park?

8. EUROPACL

EUROPACL DIS Veteran

???? :confused3 What are you trying to say?

9. Camping Griswalds

Camping Griswalds DIS Veteran

DH and kids went on it in Jan and said it was really run down and dirty, also too rough compared to other simulator type rides that are out there now. i agree it was awesome when first built. For those who are die hard fans I am sure they are sad to see it go, but maybe they could just update the technology? Who knows for sure??

10. doconeill

doconeill Fastpass Jedi Master DIS Lifetime Sponsor

DW and I rode it once when we went to Universal about 10 years ago. Long wait as I think it was still the premiere ride there. We both hated it. I was sitting in the back to one side, and my head repeatedly struck the side of the vehicle, which had NO PADDING. I found it worse than Star Tours because of it.

We plan on going back sometime in the future (not this year though - when the DDs are older and can enjoy it more) but we had no reason to go on it again. If they "improve" it significantly we may go on it again.

11. drdelsol

drdelsol Proud papa

I agree completely. That head beating against the side of the car thing killed it for me.

12. pavil

pavil I want to be an Imagineer

Went on it last year......totally unimpressed with any aspect of it. Dated and Tired and not even very good on top of that.

13. Lexxiefern

Lexxiefern <font color=blue>We were blown away<br><font color

I agree with the head beating comments. After doing that once, I always made sure to ride in the front row - wasn't a problem up there. I know that the ride and technology are dated, but I am sad to see it go. I am sure something great will go there, but I doubt it will be BTTF themed. Those movies are 20 years old now, they will probably put something more current. (But I love the movies - I own the trilogy!)

14. wildviper

wildviper Mouseketeer

I have officially reached "middle-age"; BTTF trilogy started when I was a freshman in HS and ended my senior year. The ride opened a year later and I was envious of a friend who rode it that year. In 2003, I finally took the trip to Orlando, WDW and US. My DDs thought the ride was 'boring' and 'lame'. I didn't really enjoy it either but trip down memory lane was worth the wait in line.

15. MJMcBride

MJMcBride Barely lost is barely found

I'm not sure how you make that determination considering Star Tours preceeded it by quite a few years

16. MALE*RN*777

MALE*RN*777 Oh, Mickey your so fine, your so fine you blow my

I won't miss it because it made me sick but I feel sorry for the rest of you that like it. It would be like closing the Peter Pan at Disney...

17. bon1117

bon1117 My "Laughing Place"

Back to the Future was my favorite at Universal, I remember riding it for the first time, gettin off and running back in line to ride it again....I was in awe...thinking Star Tours was nothing compared to Back to The Future, (I remember thinking Universal definately had Disney beat on technology) my favorite part is crashing through the time clock and entering the dinosaurs mouth....am sad to hear they are closing it...I wonder if they are closing the one in California as well....I hope not.....