It's not a cruise UNTIL...

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by EvaSue, Jul 30, 2013.

1. gunka

gunka DIS Veteran

When we sit down for Dinner the first night and the waiters place our napkins in our lap and give us so much attention we don't know what to do.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. the_bUg

the_bUg Mouseketeer

hah! Initially I read this as a statement. lol!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

4. bitlerzx4

bitlerzx4 DIS Veteran

- they announce us

- the sail away party

- that horn! OMG!!

5. vakamalua

vakamalua DIS Veteran

When my husband and I sing the 'Love Boat' theme as we board! :love:

6. nanaoften

nanaoften Earning My Ears

What a wonderful thread for the first-time ever cruiser. My excitement has been building for the last several days but this just kicked it up a notch or two!! Thanks to all of you that have already experienced the Disney Magic for sharing. Maybe after our Dream cruise in September I'll be able to post my favorite part of the sail-away!:goodvibes

7. hudson3709

hudson3709 "It started with a mouse"

I think for me it's when I finally get on deck (sometimes after lunch) and lean over the railing and let all the pressures and concerns lift off my shoulders as I look out at that water. That's the best for me.

8. Mousemom

Mousemom DIS Veteran

With this September being our second Disney Cruise I can say that the moment we walk on the ship although I loved the the Mickey horns as we sailed away our last cruise. Had no idea that was going to happen.

9. dannirose

dannirose Mouseketeer

It's the moment I catch my first glimpse of the ship. :lovestruc Seeing the castle waiting for me at the end of Main Street has the same effect but instead of the calming peace that follows my castle sighting, I get very Tigger-like :tigger: with the ship sighting that lasts until the horn makes me tear up. ;)

10. krissy2803

krissy2803 DIS Veteran

For me it's when I am sitting at a table by the pool, eating my first tomato, bacon, and brie panini (sp). :goodvibes :lovestruc

11. lilpooh108

lilpooh108 DIS Veteran

We are all siting around the Mickey Slide, biting into the chicken strips & fries with a side of Cove Cafe., with our CC lanyards hanging. :lovestruc

12. Ellie Fredrickson

Ellie Fredrickson Earning My Ears

The Welcome Home mats when walking up the ramp! I always say DCL is my home, and Utah is where I hang out between cruises!

13. dryvithome

dryvithome Mouseketeer

It's not a cruise until..... motion sickness sets in. :lmao:

Thank goodness for Bonine, patches, and ginger chews!

14. lilpooh108

lilpooh108 DIS Veteran

Oh my. Well at least you have a good attitude about it :thumbsup2 Bonine is my friend :rotfl:

15. shandrananette

shandrananette Mouseketeer

I've only been on one cruise, so I don't think I get to make a selection yet (or don't want to commit just yet), but having been to DL more times than I can count, I know the moment we saw the ship from the bus window had the same emotion I feel when I see the castle at the end of main street. Everyone from the 2 1/2 year old to the 57 year old grandpa was just in awe and beyond excited, even though none of us knew what we were in for (and some of us were more skeptical than others about a cruise).

And I knew it was a vacation when I turned my phone to airplane mode as the ship pulled out...ah, can't wait to do that again.

16. Bookwood

Bookwood DIS Veteran

I'm in the first sight of my ship group.

Our first cruise we spent the night at the Radisson near the port and when we woke up the morning of the cruise- there was our ship out our window. Too cool!! The Magic was also there but we were sailing on Freedom of the Seas that time so I got to see both Freedom and the Magic out the window. DD had pictures taken of hew "next to" the ship, and it's still one of her favorite photos to this day.

17. dta87

dta87 DIS Veteran

The peel and eat shrimp with the cream sauce are what I look forward to to start off my cruise but it is being gently rocked to sleep by the ships motion that really makes it a cruise.

18. jrabbit

jrabbit DIS Veteran

Here's a second for the Peel and Eat Shrimp - we get a picture with the all of the tails of the shrimp that gave their all for the good of the cruise!!!

In reality, getting to the airport and leaving the west coast - unless it's a west coast cruise of course.

I ALWAYS thought that if we were in Florida we would ALWAYS visit WDW. Not so much anymore. Our last 5 or 6 cruises out of PC or Miami did not involve WDW at all. Not even a night in a resort hotel. At the end of the year we are going to WDW and it will be weird / difficult / sad not to be going on a DCL Cruise!!

19. Tngrl78

Tngrl78 Mouseketeer

This is exactly it for me. When I get to sit down at Cabanas and have lunch. That's when all the stresses of everything just seems to wash away.

20. jjje

jjje One time I saw a guy wear cut-off jean shorts to d

I've only been on one cruise but as soon as I got my first glimpse of the ship I felt like the cruise really started for me. I cried and all my tension melted away and my excitement amped up. I also cried when we walked on to the ship and when our name was announced and when I heard the horn and the next morning when we went out on to the deck and my daughter gasped and said "We're all surrounded by the sea!" I'm a sap.

21. ludari

ludari DIS Veteran

When I first see the ship knowing I will soon be on board enjoying every moment.