It's NEVER Too Late, for Number 8 - the most UNOFFICIAL, 'official' AKL thread yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ann- I am sorry for your loss.

Kathy - I am glad that you were able to check in. Look after yourself and I wish you a speedy recovery.

Good morning to all J's & K's! It is still dark out side here. :-). The house is quite and I am waiting for my coffee to brew. The big day has finally arrived!!!!!!!

Thank you all so much for your thought regarding our friends passing. Hugs to you all. We will be at Shades of Green tonight for 5 nights then moving over to Beach Club and finishing off our trip at my beloved AKL. If any one has something they want me to check out at any of those resorts or in the parks just let me know. I'm happy to help as much as possible.

I am not quite awake, only got about 3 1/2 hours sleep. Hope I don't snore or drool on the plane. ROLFL. Hugs everyone.

Ann

I hope you have a wonderful trip. I can't wait to find out what the surprise trip is.

Corinna

...I'm still limited to my activities--basically walking. I look and feel like I'm eight months pregnant. :lmao:

....:eek:..........:lmao::rotfl2:

Billy-Crystal-Fernando.jpg

"...It’s better to look pregnant than to feel pregnant. And you look MAH-velous!”

Good morning to all J's & K's! It is still dark out side here. :-). The house is quite and I am waiting for my coffee to brew. The big day has finally arrived!!!!!!!

Thank you all so much for your thought regarding our friends passing. Hugs to you all. We will be at Shades of Green tonight for 5 nights then moving over to Beach Club and finishing off our trip at my beloved AKL. If any one has something they want me to check out at any of those resorts or in the parks just let me know. I'm happy to help as much as possible.

I am not quite awake, only got about 3 1/2 hours sleep. Hope I don't snore or drool on the plane. ROLFL. Hugs everyone.

Ann

Safe and magical travels!

....soooo, the Fall Offer came out to the following:
$354/std room - 12/21
$354/std room - 12/22
$495/std room - 12/23 - 12/28

Total(room only) $3,581.00

If I add on three 5-day base passes, it's an added total of $856.26, but I could get them at "UT" for $841.95 for 6-day base passes (or 5-day base passes for $808.08)! I still have to add on airfare and food....:(

$354/std room - 12/21
$354/std room - 12/22

If I add on three 5-day base passes, it's an added total of $856.26, but I could get them at "UT" for $841.95 for 6-day base passes (or 5-day base passes for $808.08)! I still have to add on airfare and food....:(

Ouch, that is expensive. Just goes to show how spoiled we are with our DVC.

Corinna

I guess I am feeling a little better. I HATE colds because they make it so difficult to teach and sing! But, this too shall pass... Sooner, rather than later, I hope!

How are you doing today, Kathy?

I'm feeling okay. I've been coughing and sneezing the past two days. I have to hold my stomach, but it still hurts a little.

$354/std room - 12/21
$354/std room - 12/22

Kim what would it be w/ an AP rate? Just wondering if that were a possibility?

If so Would I be able to book that or would I have to actually show up?

Hello AKL lovers!! I just found out today that we will be in wdw for 2 more nights, for a total of 10 nights! This will be our longest stay ever! Our friend is a CM and he got us a great deal on a Savannah view room for fri 10/5-sun 10/7!! We have never stayed at AKL before but have dined at Jiko and Boma, and have explored the resort as well. Should I make any special room requests? Or request "not" to be close to? Thank you so much in advance!

Kim, is there no way to make renting points to work? Is doing a value or moderate out of the question?

Hello AKL lovers!! I just found out today that we will be in wdw for 2 more nights, for a total of 10 nights! This will be our longest stay ever! Our friend is a CM and he got us a great deal on a Savannah view room for fri 10/5-sun 10/7!! We have never stayed at AKL before but have dined at Jiko and Boma, and have explored the resort as well. Should I make any special room requests? Or request "not" to be close to? Thank you so much in advance!

Congratulations in your trip!

I don't think it's necessary to request anything, but if you'd like to be close to the lobby that could be something.

just got back from our stay and was very happy with AKL. We got a free upgrade to a savanna room on the 2nd floor! We had giraffes just outside our window every morning! Mickey and Minnie left us a happy anniversary message on our phone and dessert in our room! We had a beautiful room service dinner! It was all very magical! They were all such magical surprises that truly made us feel the deluxe comforts! We love the mods but this stay was a total delight!

$354/std room - 12/21
$354/std room - 12/22

I hope you can make it work!pixiedust:

I'm feeling okay. I've been coughing and sneezing the past two days. I have to hold my stomach, but it still hurts a little.

Ouch! Feel better!

just got back from our stay and was very happy with AKL. We got a free upgrade to a savanna room on the 2nd floor! We had giraffes just outside our window every morning! Mickey and Minnie left us a happy anniversary message on our phone and dessert in our room! We had a beautiful room service dinner! It was all very magical! They were all such magical surprises that truly made us feel the deluxe comforts! We love the mods but this stay was a total delight!

Glad you had such a magical trip!

Kim, is there no way to make renting points to work? Is doing a value or moderate out of the question?

I believe that the problem is that there is nothing available at the DVC resorts to rent. Usually the holidays and events like the Food & Wine Festival are booked very quickly, and even if there are points to be rented, there are no villas to rent. :(

I still think a moderate could be a good option, but not if Kim's DH is completely against it. :worried:

Good morning, Js & Ks! :sunny:

Still not up to snuff here, but I am feeling a little better. I didn't take any meds last night and slept through the night! :yay: I have 17 days to feel better. :goodvibes

Congratulations on getting a special rate and your upcoming stay at AKL. This is one of my favourite resorts along with Grand Californian at Disneyland.

Corinna

We've decided not to go to any of the parks on Christmas day, but I want to find something special for dinner on Christmas Day. It's the first time we've ever been away for the holidays and I want to be sure it's still a fun and special time for the family.

I am not very familiar with the resort restaurants, but I can tell from everyone's rave reviews that some are extra special. What do you recommend for myself, my DH and DS (8)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter