It's My Sweet 16! - Kind Of. An Oct-Nov PTR!! ~ Complete

You can usually find a lot of them on e-bay if you don't go a lot. And if you want some trading pins (for a future trip that you will hopefully be able to have), you can find them on amazon and also on e-bay.

I'm prooooobably going to stock up on trade-away pins for what I like to call, "my currently hypothetical next trip" lol. I know you can get them for crazy cheap prices online! Thanks :)

237 Days to Go: Lets Talk About Disneybounding
Ok, so first of all, I would like to thank Newsies for giving me the idea to post this update because of her PTR. Read hers, it's great.

Second of all, sorry for the change in font. The Dis no longer has Comic Sans MS, womp womp.

Ok, back to the update.

I have thought about Disneybounding in Disney for a while. I half-Disneybounded for Halloween as Jack Skellington.

jack_zpsvuyrbb6e.jpg

As you can see, only the upper half of my body is bounded. (the black blob on my shoulder is my last name.)
For my trip, I want to fully 'bound. I am stuck on what to 'bound as. I have a ton of thoughts though.
  • Belle
  • Marie
  • Wendy
  • Rapunzel
  • Peter Pan
  • Baymax
  • Stitch
  • Scrump
  • GoGo
  • Ariel
  • Snow White
Obviously some of these will be easier than others. Please let me know which one you think will look best and please give me some other ideas as well.

Until next time,
Megan princess:

Yay!!! An update!!!

D'aww, thanks for the advertisement. You're a peach and I promise I'll find a way to return the favor in an update somehow :flower3:

You have some good ideas up there! Belle is always a fun bound, especially when Gaston is involved ;) other than that, you could totally pull off any of the princesses and Wendy! Have you considered Lilo or Jessie? Either of them could be really cute, especially with your hair style.

Yay!!! An update!!!

D'aww, thanks for the advertisement. You're a peach and I promise I'll find a way to return the favor in an update somehow :flower3:

You have some good ideas up there! Belle is always a fun bound, especially when Gaston is involved ;) other than that, you could totally pull off any of the princesses and Wendy! Have you considered Lilo or Jessie? Either of them could be really cute, especially with your hair style.
Thanks in advance and your welcome.

I thought about Lilo, but I didn't think about Jessie. Jessie could be a good one.

235 Days to Go: Which Dress?
This is kind of a silly and dumb post, but I want some of your opinions. I have three Disney dresses from Hot Topic that I LOVE!

dresses.JPG
All three are gorgeous, I know.
I only want to bring one to wear in the parks or anywhere in Disney really though (mainly for packing reasons).

I've worn the Beauty and the Beast dress many times before, but I think it would be cute to wear it and meet Belle and even go to BOG (which I hopefully will for lunch with my mom) and take a picture by the stained glass that looks like the skirt part and put it on Instagram because hey, it's an Instagramable momment (and now I'm babbling, so let's move on now).

The middle one (which is Frozen themed) I've worn only once and I actually have a picture, yay!

Capture.JPG
Obviously since I'll be in Florida and it'll be hot, I wouldn't wear the leggings and the sweater, but if my mom lets me, I might wear the boots.
I think it would be cute to wear this when meeting Anna and Elsa.

The last one with Peter Pan and the Darlings on it I haven't even taken the tag off of yet. I am OBSESSED with Peter Pan and if I'm lucky enough to find him on my trip, it would be cool to meet him while wearing the dress.

Like I said, I only want to bring one dress, so please let me know which one I should bring and I'll think about it some more as well.

Until next time,
Megan princess:

Oh goodness. This is a tough decision.

I'd say the Peter Pan one???? It's so cute!!!

7 Months To Go: The Day Has Come!
I have to go by the days in my signature because I noticed that the one on the first post of this thread is wrong.

But that's not the point.

Today was THE DAY! THE DAY when my mom could change our resort reservations.

Remember a couple of posts ago I said we couldn't get into the Grand Floridian Villas? Well that's completely behind me now.

Are you all ready? Are you ready to find out where I'm staying?

You'll have to wait a little more because this is important. My mom cancelled the dates on October 30th and 31st, but I don't mind. That's completely behind me as well.

Ok, enough waiting. We will be staying at.........

THE VILLAS AT THE POLYNESIAN!!!!!!!
117430438_fa739f9c75_m.jpg

My mom sent me the text of our official reservation and I almost happy cried in school.

Yayayayayay! :jumping1:

Now all we need to do is figure out our ADRs so we can book them pretty soon.

Until next time,
Megan princess:

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????? SILV, THAT'S AMAZING!!!! I'M INSANELY JEALOUS RIGHT NOW!!!! I saw photos today and they're BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations!!!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????? SILV, THAT'S AMAZING!!!! I'M INSANELY JEALOUS RIGHT NOW!!!! I saw photos today and they're BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations!!!
Thank you. I was so nervous that we wouldn't get in because the villas are new, but my mom was online right at 8:00 and got us a room.

I saw pictures too. I can't wait to stay there!

6 Months, 1 Week, and 4 Days Left: ADR Planning
So in 1 week and 4 days we have to make our ADRs. Wow, time really flew by. I remember back to last November when I first started planning my trip and now I'm about to make my ADRs.

The problem is, my mom will only allow 2 special meals and I'm stumped on one. But on the bright side, she might think about doing more meals that require reservations.

So we will definitely be doing Via Napoli once or twice because my brother (and the rest of my family pretty much) LOOOOOOVE their pizza, but this doesn't count as a special meal since we always go here.

I think as one of my special meals we will definitely do Crystal Palace for breakfast. I've wanted to go there for a really long time and I love Winnie the Pooh and friends. Also I heard that they have chocolate Mickey waffles and I'm so excited!

I made a list of places that I would like to go for either my other special meal or just to go to in general:

50's Prime Time Cafe for lunch
Pros: Their food looks and sounds deleicious and I love the theme of it. I've also never been there before (most of the places I've never been to on this list) and I'm always up to trying something new.
Cons: As with most places, my brother will only eat ice cream. Also my mom is not sold on us going here. We were thinking of going her in our August trip, so if we don't go here in November (the trip that this PTR is actually about), I'm fine. As long as I get to go sometime in my life, I'm fine.

Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano Fantasmic Package for dinner
Pros: We'll get special Fantasmic seating, so this kind of doubles as a meal and an experience. Their food looks DELICIOUS and even my brother will eat there. You know, as long as he order a margherita flatbread with just sauce and cheese.
Cons: It kind of just looks like any old Italian restaraunt, but I'm completely fine with that.

Beaches and Cream Soda Shop for lunch or dinner
Pros: Their food sounds delicious and I went there just for ice cream and it was pretty good.
Cons: My brother will only eat ice cream again.

Trattoria al Forno for dinner
Pros: Everyone will eat there (but again, my brother will have to order a modified margherita pizza) and the food looks pretty good. Also I am obsessed with bread (don't ask) and there's free bread, whoop whoop!
Cons: It is very similar to Mama Melrose's, so I'm unsure about which one I would rather go to if I were to go to any of them.

1900 Park Fare for dinner
Pros: Almost everything. Almost.
Cons: I've been here before and as much as I would love to go again, I don't know if it's the right thing to do for my special meal since I do want to try new places.

'Ohana for breakfast
Pros: I love the characters there since Lilo and sometimes Stitch are hard to meet. I also kind of have an obsession with Lilo and Stitch right now. Also all of us will eat there. I only went one other time a long time ago and I would like to go again. It's also in our resort so that's a plus.
Cons: There's not a huge food selection. Like all my borther will eat is Mickey waffles.

Raglan Road for dinner
Pros: My dad has wanted to go, so this could be a special thing for my dad and I. They also have fish and chips and I love fish and chips.
Cons: As I said, my dad and I are really the only ones that can go. My mom and my brother could go if they wanted, but my brother would eat NOTHING!

So that's about it. Please please please let me know which one(s) I should go to and if I should or shouldn't go to Crystal Palace.

Until next time,
Megan princess:

6 Months and 4 Days To Go: ADR Updates
So my mom and I discussed ADR plans (since we need to make them in only 4 days, ahh!) and we also discussed them a little bit with a friend. This is the general idea of what we came up with:

Nov 1st: 1900 Park Fare for dinner
We thought we could easily take the monorail here and it would be a nice thing for our arrival day.

Nov 2nd: Via Napoli for lunch
This is a tradition on our Epcot days, so we kind of have to do this.

Nov 3rd: Crystal Palace for breakfast
Same thing as I said in the last update. We're going to try to get a reservation before park opening.

Nov 4th: Chef Mickey's for breakfast
My mom and I asked a friend about Ohana and said that Chef Mickey's would be better for my trip since they apparently do something special if it's your birthday.

Nov 5th: Nothing
Yet... (probably not)

Nov 6th: Sci Fi Dine-In Theater for lunch
We also discussed which was better, Mama Melrose's or 50's Prime Time. She said that Sci Fi was a better option if we'd be willing to consider it. I looked at the menu and I'd be willing to go there because I always say I'll try anything once.

Nov 7th: The finest dining of all, home

I will make an update on the exact times and if anything changes.

Please let me know if I should or should not go to some of these places to eat.

Until next time,
Megan princess:

Your ADRs look perf. Good job!

- I'll check up on Crystal Palace when I go again in August for you, but I don't remember seeing chocolate mickey waffles July 2014. That'd be killer, though. Even without the waffles, CP is great. Try the puffed french toast!!!

- 1900 PARK FARE :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

- Chef Mickeys was Grace's birthday breakfast and she got a special gift. But BoG was her birthday dinner and she got something special too! So Ohana's might do something special if you're considering switching, but I wouldn't cause CM is super fun and an awesome breakfast spot.

Your ADRs look perf. Good job!

- I'll check up on Crystal Palace when I go again in August for you, but I don't remember seeing chocolate mickey waffles July 2014. That'd be killer, though. Even without the waffles, CP is great. Try the puffed french toast!!!

- 1900 PARK FARE :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

- Chef Mickeys was Grace's birthday breakfast and she got a special gift. But BoG was her birthday dinner and she got something special too! So Ohana's might do something special if you're considering switching, but I wouldn't cause CM is super fun and an awesome breakfast spot.
Yay, a reply!

I have the same reaction to 1900 Park Fare, with an extra :lovestruc.

And I know about the puffed toast at CP and it looks DELICIOUS!

And I think I'm going to stick to Chef Mickey's for the time being, but if I happen to change my mind in 2 days (!) then I might think of Ohana.

Ashlee here!!! :wave:
So I'm obviously really late in this PTR but what stood out is that this is for your sweet 16!!
I'm 17 and it's so hard to find people our age over here and not just on the teen board. But when you do, it's like that feeling you get when you see a teacher outside of school... It's just awesome :)

I read everything and I am super duper jealous of all of your ADR's. They all sound awesome!! And way to go mom for getting a villa at Poly!!!!! I'm even more jealous now!! :cool1:
Also, the Peter Pan dress is awesome and I love it! The other two are great too though... Very hard decisions!

I was looking for posts about sweet sixteens and your ADR's all sound awesome! I thought it was really funny cause I'm going to disney for my sixteenth birthday at the same time!

Ashlee here!!! :wave:
So I'm obviously really late in this PTR but what stood out is that this is for your sweet 16!!
I'm 17 and it's so hard to find people our age over here and not just on the teen board. But when you do, it's like that feeling you get when you see a teacher outside of school... It's just awesome :)

I read everything and I am super duper jealous of all of your ADR's. They all sound awesome!! And way to go mom for getting a villa at Poly!!!!! I'm even more jealous now!! :cool1:
Also, the Peter Pan dress is awesome and I love it! The other two are great too though... Very hard decisions!
I was looking for posts about sweet sixteens and your ADR's all sound awesome! I thought it was really funny cause I'm going to disney for my sixteenth birthday at the same time!
Well the ADRs in that post weren't official ADRs yet, but I am posting the official ADRs after I post this.

5 Months, 3 Weeks and 5 Days To Go: ADRs Have Been Made!
So yesterday, my mom woke up around 5:30 so at 6:00 she could make our ADRs! She made them for larger than our party though in case some friends and family want to join us (which I'm fine with).

So, get ready, because here we go.

Everything in my last post is what we booked.

Sunday 1st:
1900-Park-Fare.jpg

7:40 for dinner.

I realize that this is really late, but it's our arrival date and we have no idea when we'll be getting to Disney, so I guess my mom thought it would be safe to book it later (that and it was also one of the reservation times that would sit a lot of people).

Monday 2nd:
via-napoli-sign.jpg

12:30 for lunch.
That is the perfect time for us because we usually eat lunch around 1, so 12:30 is great.

Tuesday 3rd:
IMG_3131.jpg

9:10 for breakfast.
So it's not before park opening :(, but my mom said since it is 10 minutes after park opening, they still might let us in early :).

Wednesday 4th:
CW-Chef-Mickey-075.JPG

8:15 for breakfast.

This time is pretty good too. We're also planning on going to Epcot that day so we could easily take a monorail to TTC and then a monorail to Epcot.

Thursday 5th:
nothing-012.png

Unless my mom has something secret planned.

Friday 6th:
06012109.jpg

1:35 for lunch.
Also the perfect time because my brother will only eat ice cream here and he can either eat at Pizza Planet before or after we go here without it being too late.

And Saturday we're home.

What do you think? Are these good times? Do you think my mom has something secret planned on Thursday?

Hopefully I'll have a fun post soon if I can think of something.

Until next time,
Megan princess:

5 Months and 2 Weeks To Go: Transporation + Another Thing
So the other day my mom figured out how we'll be getting to Florida and I am super happy (but for some reason my brother is perseverating about it, which is either a sign that he's excited or upset, usually it's upset).

We will be flying!

No, Mad Hatter, not like Peter Pan (read my September 2013 TR to get that joke).

My brother wanted to take the train, but that was so much more expensive. But anyway.

We'll be flying Southwest from Philly to Tampa. We'll be getting a rental car only for Saturday (Day 1) and Saturday (our last day), so pretty much just to get from Tampa to Disney World and back again.

Wait, what's that?

You: I thought you were getting there on Sunday?
Me: Well, I was.
You: What do you mean?
Me: Well you'll find out now!

The airfare was cheaper on Saturday, October 31st.

We'll be getting to Florida on Halloween instead of November 1st now.

You: Wait, where will you stay on Halloween then?
Me: Patience, grasshopper!

I will give you a hint:

disney-s-animal-kingdom.jpg

If you guessed Animal Kingdom Lodge, you are correct!

If you guessed AKL Savannah View, you are extra correct!

We'll be staying in a Savannah View studio that first night. According to my mom, it was either that, OKW (which we are already staying at in August), or SSR and AKL was only 4 more points so she pretty much said what the hey. Did you get all of that? I hope so.

Granted my family isn't fond of AKL, we think it'll be cool to see the animals from our room.

So that's pretty much it for now. Hopefully, if I can think of one, I'll post a random fun update.

Until next time,
Megan princess:

Congrats on that ADR list!!! You snagged some good ones!!!

I read your 2013 TR so I understood that reference ;)

Yay for AKL! You'll have to include some awesome photos for me, I've never seen the inside of it!

I've also never flown on a plane... you'll have to fill us in on that as well!!!

Ooh, Halloween! How SPOOKY! :scared1::lmao: I forgot you were going so close to Halloween! Are you going to try to get tickets for MNSSHP?

Still following along :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter