• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It's My Sweet 16! - Kind Of. An Oct-Nov PTR!! ~ Complete

Silvermist20

ღ Queen Megan ღ
"To all that come to this happy place, welcome!" ~Walt Disney

Hello everyone! My name is Megan and I would like to welcome you to my very early and first PTR.

I've been planning this trip for a while. My mom told me for my Sweet 16 I could either have a party, spend a weekend in NYC and see a Broadway show, or go to Disney World. Obviously, I went with Disney World because hey, it's the most magical place on earth!

Ok, so you might be wondering why the title of this Trip Report says "It's My Sweet 16! - Kind Of." Well, that's because, we're not going for my actual birthday. We can never go for my birthday because it's really close to Christmas and if you've ever been during Christmas time (my family hasn't), you'll know how busy it is. So we're going when it's not super busy and when I won't miss too much school because of teacher convention.

So without further ado, let's get to the trip info!

When: October 31st - November 7th.
Resort: Animal Kingdom Lodge (studio savannah view) 1st night and Villas at the Polynesian (studio standard view) rest of the trip
Transportation: Flying to Florida and home and Disney Transportation while we're there
Who: My mom, dad, brother, and me :)

Now onto the people on the trip and Disney interests and stuff.

1175357_10201408523202359_575810841_n.jpg

(going from left to right and top to bottom)

Name: Tim
Relation: Dad
Favorite Movie: Monsters Inc.
Favorite Character: Goofy
Favorite Ride:Big Thunder Mountain
Favorite Quick Service Restaurant: Pinocchio Village Haus
Favorite Table Service Restaurant: Beirgarten
Favorite Resort: Boardwalk
Other Fact: Very weird (but in a good way)

Name: Melissa
Relation: Mom
Favorite Movie: Little Mermaid
Favorite Character: Tinkerbell
Favorite Ride: Soarin'
Favorite Quick Service Restaurant: Columbia Harbor House
Favorite Table Service Restaurant: 50's Prime Time
Favorite Resort: Old Key West
Other Fact: Her hair loves the humidity of Florida

Name: David
Relation: Brother
Favorite Movie: The Muppets
Favorite Character: Miss Piggy
Favorite Ride: Walt Disnet World Railroad
Favorite Quick Service Restaurant: Pinocchio Village Haus
Favorite Table Service Restaurant: Via Napoli
Favorite Resort: Wilderness Lodge
Other Fact: Has a neurological disability

Name: Megan
Relation: Me :cool1:
Favorite Movie: Frozen, Brave, Tangled, Peter Pan, so many more
Favorite Character: Peter Pan (I really really really hope I get to meet him, so feel free to let me know where to find him)
Favorite Ride: I can't choose, there's so many!
Favorite Quick Service Restaurant: Capt. Cook's at the Poly
Favorite Table Service Restaurant: 1900 Park Fare
Favorite Resort: Wilderness Lodge
Other Fact: I am obsessed with many, many things which include, but are not limited to, One Direction, Disney (duh), Florence Welch, Pretty Little Liars, the internet, Netflix, etc etc etc.

Well, that's about it for now. I really hope you'll enjoy my journey of preparing for what I hope to be the most magical trip to Disney World ever! :tink:

Last edited:
Following along!

If you REALLY want to meet Peter Pan, I recommend booking the Pirates & Pals voyage. You've read my TR so you know what it's all about ;-) It's PERFECT for birthdays. Other than that, Peter Pan is really fickle about his "regular" Magic Kingdom meets :s I didn't see him AT ALL in the MK and I went like at least 7 times the week I was there... though I spent most of my time at Fantasyland :rolleyes1

Following along!

If you REALLY want to meet Peter Pan, I recommend booking the Pirates & Pals voyage. You've read my TR so you know what it's all about ;-) It's PERFECT for birthdays. Other than that, Peter Pan is really fickle about his "regular" Magic Kingdom meets :s I didn't see him AT ALL in the MK and I went like at least 7 times the week I was there... though I spent most of my time at Fantasyland :rolleyes1

Thanks for reading!

I thought about the Pirates and Pals, but idk. Do you remember how much it cost?

320 Days to Go: Special Delivery

Ok, so I have no idea why I just decided to post this now, probably because I finally got time to post, but anyway.

Hello again! This might be the last post for a while. So around Monday, something came in the mail. It was a box with a little booklet and a flash drive. I looked through the booklet and it was a little planning guide for our vacation.

It was really cool because it had reccomendations for rides and restaraunts just for us. It also had a section for stuff to do at our resort, which means we might get two more when we switch to GFV and OKW.

The more I looked through the booklet though, it mainly told you about the new MyMagic+ stuff. When my mom plugged in the flash drive, it was pretty much a video about the same thing.

I think the most helpful thing in the delivery was the back cover which told us when we could book our restaraunt reservations and when to book or FastPass+ times and such.

Has anyone else gotten this before? Please let me know!

Until next time,
Megan princess:

Ooh, I got that before I went!!! Isn't it so much fun and helpful?

Hey!! Following along b/c you sound so excited...and I totally relate to that :)

We got the flash drive box for our trip last August, but this year (we're going in July) we just got the booklet...and we didn't get the magnet with our dates on it this time either, it was just printed on the back of the booklet. I was sad because I wanted a magnet, lol. First world problems.

Looking forward to hearing about your plans...and of course your trip! Those 320 days will go faster than you think!!

Following along!! :goodvibes

Its my dream to also stay at the Grand Floridian, hoping to one day. We are staying at Animal Kingdom Villas next January, can't wait!!

Peter Pan is also one of my favourites, you should be able to meet him in Adventureland. Let me find out the exact location and get back to you :)

Shannon

Ooh, I got that before I went!!! Isn't it so much fun and helpful?
Yeah, but some of the suggestions to like restaraunts we weird though. Like, knowing both my brother and I, I don't think we want to eat at Marrakesh (or however you spell it).
Hey!! Following along b/c you sound so excited...and I totally relate to that :)

We got the flash drive box for our trip last August, but this year (we're going in July) we just got the booklet...and we didn't get the magnet with our dates on it this time either, it was just printed on the back of the booklet. I was sad because I wanted a magnet, lol. First world problems.

Looking forward to hearing about your plans...and of course your trip! Those 320 days will go faster than you think!!
Thanks for following along!

I didn't get a magnet either.
Following along!! :goodvibes

Its my dream to also stay at the Grand Floridian, hoping to one day. We are staying at Animal Kingdom Villas next January, can't wait!!

Peter Pan is also one of my favourites, you should be able to meet him in Adventureland. Let me find out the exact location and get back to you :)

Shannon

Thanks for following!

It's been my dream to stay at GF also, especially that they now have the new villas. Fingers crossed we'll be able to get in!

Also thanks for the Peter Pan info.

287 Days to Go: Lets Talk Pins​

Ok, instead of making everyone wait forever I think until about April when I can post the good and important stuff, I might post kind of fun yet relevant to my trip kind of stuff just so there's not a ton of blank space for the next 3 or 4 months.

So today, let's talk pins! I have a ton of pins. I have a big cork board in my room with pins on it (some of them aren't Disney, but I put them on anyway. I also pinned up a mirror for no reason, but that's besides the point). So here's my lanyyard with pins I'm thinking of trading:

IMG_0442_zpsa70082bf.jpg

IMG_0443_zpsc43ccb36.jpg

And here's the bottom of my lanyard just for fun:

IMG_0449_zps622f61ab.jpg

I was so happy when my mom found my lanyard from when I was like 5 because it gave me a ton of more pins to trade and to keep, which brings me to my pins I'm thinking of keeping (and yes, I realize some of these aren't tradable):

IMG_0447_zps562064d8.jpg

IMG_0446_zps72894815.jpg

IMG_0445_zps0a0e1772.jpg

IMG_0444_zps34c42c4d.jpg

So that's all of them! Please feel free to tell me if I should keep any pins that I want to trade or trade any pins that I'm thinking of keeping. Also let me know if you trade pins as well.

Until next time,
Megan princess:

286 Days to Go: Update to my Last Post​

Ok, so I just remembered that I may or may not be going on a Disney trip in August as well, which means that I might get more pins. So do you all think I should post an updated pins thing after that trip (if I go on it, which I hope I do)?

Until next time,
Megan princess:

274 Days to Go: Sad News​

I know what you're wondering, why are you sad Megan?

Well I'll tell you why.

So for fun, my mom decided to look for availability in some resorts. She clicked our dates and the Grand Floridian and a studio. It said partial availability. That still gave me hope. It turns out the first two nights (which is when we were going to stay there) are unavailable.

So now I'm upset and I don't know what to do. We checked out Beach Club and Boardwalk, but they're unavailable too. We checked Wilderness Lodge and it's available, but we've stayed there so much that I don't want to stay there. I don't want to stay at Bay Lake Tower because I'm not a big fan of it and I also don't want to stay at Animal Kingdom because it's far away from everything. Also, I don't want to stay at Saratoga Springs (if I can help it) because I stay there waaay too often.

So what should I do? Please leave me suggestions.

Until next time,
Megan princess:

I'm so sorry :(

If I were in your position, I would personally stay at BLT because even tough it's no marvel, it's very close to MK and it's on the monorail.

Sending pixie dust your way!!!

I'm so sorry :(

If I were in your position, I would personally stay at BLT because even tough it's no marvel, it's very close to MK and it's on the monorail.

Sending pixie dust your way!!!
Thanks so much for replying! I was so worried that no one was reading this anymore.

And I'll take you up on that suggestion. I still want to think about it though.

Accepting that pixie dust!

Thanks so much for replying! I was so worried that no one was reading this anymore.

And I'll take you up on that suggestion. I still want to think about it though.

Accepting that pixie dust!

No problem!!! By the way, I'm RIDICULOUSLY jealous of that awesome pin collection ;)

No problem!!! By the way, I'm RIDICULOUSLY jealous of that awesome pin collection ;)
:P
Most of them I had when I first started pin trading when I was like 5 and then I lost them, so I got another lanyard. But then I found the old lanyard and I was so happy!

:P
Most of them I had when I first started pin trading when I was like 5 and then I lost them, so I got another lanyard. But then I found the old lanyard and I was so happy!

I gotcha, girl ;) I've only been to WDW twice, so I'm afraid mine is small and embarrassing :p

I gotcha, girl ;) I've only been to WDW twice, so I'm afraid mine is small and embarrassing :p
You can usually find a lot of them on e-bay if you don't go a lot. And if you want some trading pins (for a future trip that you will hopefully be able to have), you can find them on amazon and also on e-bay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter