It's My Birthday & I'll Disney if I Wanna! ~ A Dec 2015 PTR - COMPLETE!

Yaasss!! This has gotten me so excited! And also the Skipper's Cantina announcement...
I think I'm the only WDW fan in the world not interested in this! I can only assume it's because I'm not a huge Jungle Cruise fan, maybe? :confused3

But Star Wars meet & greets! Aaaahhh! *Please let Han be there. Please let Han be there!* If I tell him I love him, do you think he'll say "I know"? *swoon* :lovestruc
Ahahahaaa! That would be HILARIOUS. I just want my picture with Vader. That's all I'm asking for. :darth:

SO swanky! I like the colorful one too but you can't go wrong with the purple either. Nice to have options!
I agree! And now I'm considering ordering a Limited Edition one, too! :scratchin

I read somewhere that they're supposed to last 2 years for the long range (battery) indefinitely for the short range.
I've read 1 year for the long range in some places, and 2 years in others. By the time of my upcoming trip, I will have had my pink band for 16 months, so I'm afraid to risk it. (And the long-range is super important for me, since I always do Memory Maker and want those ride photos!) I think I will just retire the pink one, and keep it in my desk at the office, so I can use it as visual aid when I'm working with Disney World clients. :cutie:

Ummm.... I always thought eggs have always been just a hollandaise transportation device. No? :P
It's true! Or cheese! :goodvibes

PS I make a killer hollandaise
Feed me! :D

And calories don't exist on vacation! :thumbsup2 (or on holidays. Or weekends. Or when someone is treating you to dinner/lunch/breakfast)
Or EVER. (Though my expansive waistline would disagree...) :laughing:

I'm on the Skipper's Cantina watch big time. I'll LOVE to snag an ADR for our MVMCP night!
I hope you get it, too! Good luck! :goodvibes

Thought of you today Billie:

coolcups-jpg.119062
Hahaha! I saw this on Facebook over the weekend! I love the Unicorn one especially! :thumbsup2

Great PTR! Sounds like it will be a fun trip!
:welcome: Thanks for joining in!

I want to be a mermaid.
I want to be a unicorn. (What a pair would make, huh?) :rotfl:

42 days until FP+! :cutie:
102 days until WDW!
:hyper:

Hey, ya'll! :grouphug:

So I did it. I'm so ashamed! I broke down and started a PTR for the October 2016 trip. I COULDN'T HELP MYSELF. There's not much there right now, but at least it's ready for when I want to talk about the trip... Which has been often lately. Especially since I have the ENTIRE THING SPREADSHEETED OUT ALREADY. I'm ridiculous. Click Me if you want to stalk my ramblings over there, too. :blush:

Okay, so... To keep this here PTR on topic, and that topic being my upcoming December 2015 trip: I gotta tell ya'll, I'm gettin' real tired of seeing this everyday when I check the information about the Candlelight Processional:

CP-TBD.jpg

And I know I can't be alone. Heck, I see on the schedule there's over a week right before Christmas that is also showing TBD. Come on, Disney! Get it together! Don't you know we gotta get these plans set?! As I've mentioned before, I have a CP ADR in addition to regular ADR for Dec. 10th, but the sooner I can release one or the other, the better!

In regards to the MagicBand question I had last week, about their battery life, I've decided to go ahead and retire my pink one. By the time I get to WDW in December, I will have had it for 16 months. I don't want to have to worry about the long-range scanners not picking it up, since we have Memory Maker and definitely want all the ride photos & videos. So my very first MagicBand has officially been put out to pasture... It now lives in my desk drawer at work, for me to use as a visual aid when explaining My Disney Experience and MagicBands to my first-time Disney World clients. :earboy2:

That being said, now I'm actually sorta maybe perhaps considering buying a Limited Edition one from the Disney Store online...

minnie-MB.jpg

How cute is she?! I'm just trying to decide if she's worth $25 (including S&H)... Hmmm. :scratchin Birthday present to myself, perhaps?

In other shopping-related news, I've been poking around online, and think I might have found some capri pants to order. It's just frustrating because I'm uncertain exactly what size to get, so I might end up ordering a pair in three sizes, trying them all on, keeping the one that fits best, and sending back the other two. Then ordering more in that size, but different colors. The one drawback to clothes shopping online, man! :scared:

I've also been looking at swimsuits. (Same dilemma.) I have a swimsuit, but I haven't put it on in YEARS, so I need to do that here soon. If it still fits fine, I'll go with it. If not, I'll have to make the decision regarding if I even need to have one for this trip or not. I would like to actually use the pool at my resort for once, if it's warm enough. But I'm not sure if I'll even have time to do much swimming, so it may not even be worth it. Ho hum. :rolleyes:

As ya'll already know, I'm forever on the hunt for the perfect park bag. So I did some googling, and found a couple from eBags that I'm very interested in. Both claim to have straps that extend up to 57"-58". I think this will work for me to wear crossbody (I'm a BIG lady!), but to be sure I'm going to try to remember tonight at home to take a measuring tape to the strap on the bags I own that actually fit me right.

The first one is the eBags Terrace Mini Bag:

terrace-mini-bag.jpg

This one is the size and shape I'm looking for, but I'm not a huge fan of bags that have that flap over the front. I just find it a little cumbersome and annoying. But it's also not a total deal-breaker. This one is also on sale and CHEAP.

The second one is the eBags Villa Cross Body 2.0:

villa-crossbody-bag.jpg

This one has larger dimensions (10.5"L x 10.5"H) than what I typically like to carry, but it's still not HUGE or anything. And it's definitely more my speed as far as the style, with all the zippered compartments being easily-accessible (no flap). Also, with the way the strap on this one is and how it connects to the bag with clips in order to be removable, I'm thinking that if I needed to, I could buy a few silver rings from Lowe's to add on each side to extend the length a bit. Savvy, right? But... it's also twice the price of the first one.

DECISIONS DECISIONS. :crazy2: I'm very seriously leaning towards the second one, though, despite the cost. I just think I'll be happier with it overall.

Okay, that's all I have for this week, I think! :cutie:

Ya'll, please don't forget to come back on Thursday and dance with me! It's almost Double Digits Day! :banana:

Last edited:
I'm uncertain exactly what size to get, so I might end up ordering a pair in three sizes, trying them all on, keeping the one that fits best, and sending back the other two. Then ordering more in that size, but different colors. The one drawback to clothes shopping online, man! :scared:

I totally do this too. When I was 22, I always just knew my size... now that I'm 34... I HAVE to try it on. And I HATE shopping and going to the mall.

This one is also on sale and CHEAP

DECISIONS DECISIONS. :crazy2: I'm very seriously leaning towards the second one, though, despite the cost. I just think I'll be happier with it overall.

Well... if you want to know what to know what I would do... Get 'em both! One can never have too many bags, in my opinion. Plus, you might want to switch things up for different situations. Also, that Minnie MB is adorable!

Cute park bags! I like the second one too, I agree that the flap on the first one might get to be a pain.

I love, love the Minnie MB! I had actually ( still am) considering getting the Mickey & Minnie ones for me and the hubs for our trip next year. I really wish we had access to purchasing all of LE ones on-line. Have you seen the red one with the white Minnie polka dots? I love that one! :lovestruc

Double digit dance day coming up!! Sweet! :woohoo: I won't be tardy for the party!!

And I know I can't be alone. Heck, I see on the schedule there's over a week right before Christmas that is also showing TBD. Come on, Disney! Get it together! Don't you know we gotta get these plans set?! As I've mentioned before, I have a CP ADR in addition to regular ADR for Dec. 10th, but the sooner I can release one or the other, the better!

AHHHH!!! (that's sympathy aggravation)
I'm hoping that the TBA means they're in the process of negotiating with a really awesome narrator. Really ... why else would they make you wait??

That being said, now I'm actually sorta maybe perhaps considering buying a Limited Edition one from the Disney Store online...

minnie-MB.jpg

How cute is she?! I'm just trying to decide if she's worth $25 (including S&H)... Hmmm. :scratchin Birthday present to myself, perhaps?

I love it!!! So cute!!! Get it!

In other shopping-related news, I've been poking around online, and think I might have found some capri pants to order. It's just frustrating because I'm uncertain exactly what size to get, so I might end up ordering a pair in three sizes, trying them all on, keeping the one that fits best, and sending back the other two. Then ordering more in that size, but different colors. The one drawback to clothes shopping online, man! :scared:

Yay for finding capris ... but I am with you on the online shopping. I mostly only do it from stores that I've shopped in before and I know how things fit (and even then ... doesn't even always work out well). I really hate buying something when I don't know if it will fit properly!

This one is the size and shape I'm looking for, but I'm not a huge fan of bags that have that flap over the front. I just find it a little cumbersome and annoying. But it's also not a total deal-breaker. This one is also on sale and CHEAP.

I'm with you on the front flap. As nice as it is to spend less on the bag (and therefore have more to spend on Disney), I think it's more important to be happy with your bag choice so that you don't feel a need to go out and spend more money on another bag.

Get it! If you think you'll be happier with the second one, then go for it!

Ya'll, please don't forget to come back on Thursday and dance with me! It's almost Double Digits Day! :banana:

Yay! I'll be here ... I hope.

I like the second bag too but I need a bag that will hold a lunch.

True confession time-I have a solo trip over Labor Day. My solo trips are always budget so I usually stay off site and bring a packed lunch. IMHO, a budget Disney trip is better than no trip at all!

The trip on my signature thingy is off site as well. We're only going to the parks twice-MNSSHP and Epcot for Food and Wine. We have a lot of pool time planned and Wyndham Bonnet Creek has really nice pools :-)

I like the 2nd bag as well. Can I also be nosey and ask you where you found the capris...I would like to order some before our November trip! :)

The Minnie Mouse band is very cute and I'm loving the colour of the bags you're looking at!
Thanks! Isn't the color great? I hope it's as nice in-person as it is in the photos! :cutie:

I totally do this too. When I was 22, I always just knew my size... now that I'm 34... I HAVE to try it on. And I HATE shopping and going to the mall.
OMG, yes! I've experienced the exact same phenomenon as I've gotten older! :crazy2:

Well... if you want to know what to know what I would do... Get 'em both! One can never have too many bags, in my opinion. Plus, you might want to switch things up for different situations. Also, that Minnie MB is adorable!
I wish! I gots to save SOME money for actually being at Disney, though! :laughing:

I like the second bag! I hope it works for you. Too cute! Of course I'm heading over to the new PTR also!!
I hope it does, too! I think I'm gonna buy it! :D

The Minnie MB is very cute!

I would go with the second bag.
Everybody seems to like the second bag best, too! I should listen to my DIS pals! :P

Cute park bags! I like the second one too, I agree that the flap on the first one might get to be a pain.
I've used bags in the past that have the flap, and it always just ends up bugging me. So I've learned the hard way! :rolleyes:

I love, love the Minnie MB! I had actually ( still am) considering getting the Mickey & Minnie ones for me and the hubs for our trip next year. I really wish we had access to purchasing all of LE ones on-line. Have you seen the red one with the white Minnie polka dots? I love that one! :lovestruc
I actually HAVE seen the red polka dot one! So cute! I'm such a sucker for pink... :cutie:

Double digit dance day coming up!! Sweet! :woohoo: I won't be tardy for the party!!
Hooray! I'll see you then! :thumbsup2

AHHHH!!! (that's sympathy aggravation)
I'm hoping that the TBA means they're in the process of negotiating with a really awesome narrator. Really ... why else would they make you wait??
I reeeeally hope that's what it is, too! ::yes::

I love it!!! So cute!!! Get it!
I'm thinking about it! But, I mean... TWENTY-FIVE DOLLARS. When Disney already sends free ones, and will already have 3 of those to take with me? I'm really thinking I'm going to go frugal on this one. It's nice to dream, though! :cloud9:

Yay for finding capris ... but I am with you on the online shopping. I mostly only do it from stores that I've shopped in before and I know how things fit (and even then ... doesn't even always work out well). I really hate buying something when I don't know if it will fit properly!
Exactly! But at my size, quite often the internet is my best friend. So I'm just going to have to suck it up and buy ALL THE SIZES. :laughing:

I'm with you on the front flap. As nice as it is to spend less on the bag (and therefore have more to spend on Disney), I think it's more important to be happy with your bag choice so that you don't feel a need to go out and spend more money on another bag.
I agree! (But, knowing me, I'll end up buy another bag regardless... :rotfl: )

Get it! If you think you'll be happier with the second one, then go for it!
I like the way you think, Sarah! :thumbsup2

Yay! I'll be here ... I hope.
I hope so, too! :hug:

I like the second bag too. The only flap design that I like is on DD17's current purse - the flap also has a zipper along the edge so it turns into a long secure compartment when extended.
I'm really leaning towards the second one now! It would be kinda perfect! :cutie:

I like the second bag too but I need a bag that will hold a lunch.
I've been there, girl! Some of my older bags are lunch-sized for that reason! ::yes::

True confession time-I have a solo trip over Labor Day. My solo trips are always budget so I usually stay off site and bring a packed lunch. IMHO, a budget Disney trip is better than no trip at all!
Gasp! Super-secret solo trip?! In just a week and a half from now?! How exciting! :hyper:

The trip on my signature thingy is off site as well. We're only going to the parks twice-MNSSHP and Epcot for Food and Wine. We have a lot of pool time planned and Wyndham Bonnet Creek has really nice pools :-)
Those are the BEST two things to see & do at Disney in the Fall! How awesome! :thumbsup2

I like the 2nd bag as well.
That seems to be the general consensus! I think I'm gonna buy it! :goodvibes

Can I also be nosey and ask you where you found the capris...I would like to order some before our November trip! :)
I was on the "Everything Pooh-Sized" thread here on the DIS (you know, because I'm fat and stuff), and somebody mentioned having great luck with swimsuits at womanwithin.com , which I went to peek at, which lead me to their awesome selection of capri pants. :cutie:

There is an "Everything Pooh-Sized" thread?????? I must spend way too much time on the trip reports! I need to check this out because I'm pleasantly plump as well! :) I need to get a new swimsuit too, I noticed this Summer the one I have needs to be retired. I like the ones with the little skirts on them that way I can cover as much as possible. :) Thanks for the info...on my way to check i out.

There is an "Everything Pooh-Sized" thread?????? I must spend way too much time on the trip reports! I need to check this out because I'm pleasantly plump as well! :) I need to get a new swimsuit too, I noticed this Summer the one I have needs to be retired. I like the ones with the little skirts on them that way I can cover as much as possible. :) Thanks for the info...on my way to check i out.
That womanwithin.com website has a TON of really cute swimsuits in that style! :lovestruc

Here's the Pooh-Size thread!: http://disboards.com/threads/the-everything-pooh-sized-thread.2424021/

Hi Billie, I'm joining in! I have a lot to catch up on but I've read your first and last few updates (so everything in the middle I have to catch up on, LOL) but just wanted to say it sounds like the trip is going to be amazing! I will also be celebrating my Bday in WDW next year (Feb) and it will be my first birthday at the world. (I finally get to wear a bday button!). BTW, I think you should order both the tonga toast and the hash at Kona. Although the portions will be huge, it's your bday trip afterall. The ones at Captain Cook, though still good, are just not quite as good as Kona's. It could just be my imagination though.

Oh and definitely the second bag. BTW, my favorite park bag and the one I've used for the past 6 years is the LeSportSac Everyday Deluxe Bag. It's a crossbody too and I love their designs. My sister had a Minnie mouse print one and she kept getting compliments all over the park. I haven't bought a new one in ages but it looks like I may have to get one of the Disney prints too.

I hear you on the no CP narrator :sad2: When we did it 3 years ago, we were doing it twice (different friends each time). The narrator for our 1st night was all set-no bad, but not exciting, but NO NARRATOR for our 2nd night until the end of Sept!! :scared1: Now it did end up being NPH which was beyond awesome, so I'm crossing my fingers that you get someone just as awesome since he's already scheduled :goodvibes

And can I tell you how often I'll order clothes online in 2 or 3 different sizes, knowing I'll return the ones that don't fit??? I despise shopping online for that reason! Sometimes if I do a marathon online shopping spree I'll end up with a few hundred $$'s in returns sitting in our bedroom lol. DH just rolls his eyes :rolleyes2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter