It's My Birthday & I'll Disney if I Wanna! ~ A Dec 2015 PTR - COMPLETE!

33 days until Park Hours! :upsidedow
58 days until ADRs! :thumbsup2
178 days until FP+! :cutie:
238 days until WDW!
:hyper:

Hey, ya'll! :grouphug:

I know it's been ages since I updated here, due to focusing on my upcoming April trip. But I just need to whine a bit about something...

Why on Earth are the tickets already on sale for MVMCP, but the park hours won't be released for another month??? :confused3

I mean, I know when I'd ideally LIKE for us to attend... On our arrival night, December 4th. Drive down, get checked in, freshen up, and head to the party at 4pm. That's my plan, and it's a dang good one! ::yes::

Now that being said... You would think that since my mind is so set on doing this, that I would just go ahead and buy the MVMCP tickets now, so that night doesn't sell-out and I miss out. Right?

BUT. As we all know, even the best-laid plans can go astray. And while I've already planned out the week's itinerary based on last year's park hours, I am 110% certain that once the real park hours for December 2015 are released, many of those plans will get changed and moved around. For this reason, I'm EXTREMELY hesitant to buy MVMCP tickets and be locked into a date...

...AND IT'S STRESSING ME THE *BLEEP* OUT!!! :headache:

If I go ahead and purchase, I am stuck with them, and risk finding out in a month that another night may work much better with the park hours for when we'll be there.

If I wait, I risk that night selling out. (Yes, I realize this is EXTREMELY unlikely to happen in the next month, but it's a genuine concern none-the-less!)

Ugh, I wish they had waited only a leeeeeeetle bit longer to put them on sale, just until after park hours are released! :scared: I'm while certain I'll wait it out, that doesn't stop me from feeling a little freaked out about the whole thing!

Okay, that's my overly entitled, wildly privileged, and completely spoiled episode of moaning and ranting. Thanks for sticking it out. I now return you to our regularly scheduled shenanigans and frivolity over on the my April PTR! :sunny:

Last edited:
Okay, that's my overly entitled, wildly privileged, and completely spoiled episode of moaning and ranting.

:rotfl: Billie, you're cracking me up. But seriously. I'm with you 100% - it just seems backwards to me!!! Maybe not every person that buys MVMCP tickets are as, shall we say, planning inclined as we... but STILL! Come on Disney... throw us a bone here! :laughing:

Why on Earth are the tickets already on sale for MVMCP, but the park hours won't be released for another month??? :confused3

Yeah, I totally don't get this at all ... it's like, "here, buy your tickets, just understand that it actually may not work with your schedule ..."

Also, have they not released November hours yet? What's taking them so long? What happened to the days when they used to release park hours earlier in the month? (Also, can they just release like the next 6 months worth of park now??)

Just joined in! I find this very annoying about Disney we make plans 180 days out then they change park hours... It's the same with the party tickets how can you commit with out knowing park hours???

My birthday (and my husbands) is that week too we went in 2013 the same time!

Last edited:
:rotfl: Billie, you're cracking me up.
Wellll, I realize how, in the grand scheme of life, this is a VERY silly thing to be upset about, and fully recognize how truly lucky I am to be going to Disney at all! But still... IT SUCKS. :lmao:

But seriously. I'm with you 100% - it just seems backwards to me!!! Maybe not every person that buys MVMCP tickets are as, shall we say, planning inclined as we... but STILL! Come on Disney... throw us a bone here! :laughing:
Exactly!!! It's a nightmare!!! How could they do this to us?!!! :sad:

Yeah, I totally don't get this at all ... it's like, "here, buy your tickets, just understand that it actually may not work with your schedule ..."
Right?!?! What bonehead made this ridiculous decision?! :sad2:

Also, have they not released November hours yet? What's taking them so long? What happened to the days when they used to release park hours earlier in the month? (Also, can they just release like the next 6 months worth of park now??)
Actually, yes! November park hours came out this morning. For months they've been coming out on the Fridays, so I don't know if they were just late this month, or if the plan now is to release them around the middle of the month. :confused3

i agree.. But i am NOT buying the tickets until AFTER I make my ADRs..
I thought about this, and I think I'll be okay on the ADRs. The only one I'm even a little worried about is Be Our Guest, and my party night won't really effect when I can do that. I think. I hope. Crap, maybe I should wait until after ADRs... :headache:

I am hoping November comes out SOON too!
Go peep your PTR, lady. I left you a present over there. :P

Just joined in! I find this very annoying about Disney we make plans 180 days out then they change park hours... It's the same with the party tickets how can you commit with out knowing park hours???
I know, right?!?! It makes no sense what-so-ever!!! :scared:

My birthday (and my husbands) is that week too we went in 2013 the same time!
OMG, yay! Birthday twinsies!!!! :hug:

How frustrating and inconsiderate! Don't those Disney folks know that we NEED all the information NOW! Why not just release the park hours for the rest of the year now? And 2016. And 2017 too. I wouldn't be complaining!

I agree with waiting to buy tickets. I don't think there is much risk of the party selling out and you'll be more at ease once you're 100% about the park hours. But come on, already Disney! I know you're ready to plan!

How frustrating and inconsiderate! Don't those Disney folks know that we NEED all the information NOW! Why not just release the park hours for the rest of the year now? And 2016. And 2017 too. I wouldn't be complaining!
I totally agree! I have trips in 2016 and 2017 that NEED to be planned! Like, RIGHT NOW, omg! :rotfl:

I agree with waiting to buy tickets. I don't think there is much risk of the party selling out and you'll be more at ease once you're 100% about the park hours. But come on, already Disney! I know you're ready to plan!
Exactly! Just gimme my park hours already, dangit! And nobody gets hurt! :D

Let's see if this works:

teamtiara-jpg.88380

Team Tiara!
It's gorgeous! I love it! :cutie:

I must concentrate first on enjoying our summer trip, then I can start planning another Disney trip, likely solo. Better to spend the money on one person who will truly enjoy the trip!
I completely agree!!! Solo is the way to go. I think you'll really enjoy it. :thumbsup2

umm hummmm Now you see my dilemma... i'm waiting..
I do see, indeed! Looking at the last 7 days of November though, assuming that the EMH days stay the same through my trip, I think my itinerary is pretty much set. Last year when I couldn't get Be Our Guest on the night I wanted, I took whatever I could get and scrambled to make it work by rearranging my whole trip on-the-spot. :scared:

I don't think I want to go that route this time. If I can't get it on the night I want, I'll just go with a back-up plan (probably 1900 Park Fare because I would love to see the Stepsisters and their foolishness), and just keep trying back for a dinner ADR, with a worst case scenario of doing a lunch ADR instead. Now I just need the dang DECEMBER park hours to confirm that my plans are a "GO!" so I can buy those party tickets!!! :santa:

Yeah.. I don't wanna scramble.. i just don't wanna.. LOL

Same here I will get the ADR's once i have the PLAN of attack for the trip i will go ahead and buy the tickets for a HOPEFULLY the night i want!!! I need to take the next day off from a party night. Ya know? My luck I would buy tickets then the next morning have an ADR for 7am...

23 days until Park Hours! :upsidedow
48 days until ADRs! :thumbsup2
168 days until FP+! :cutie:
228 days until WDW!
:hyper:

Hey, ya'll! :grouphug:

I just have to post about this... I'm sitting here goofing off and refreshing the DIS for ya'lls updates, and I notice something appear at the top of the boards:

"DISAPALOOZA Diagon Alley Party! December 05, 2015 (9:00 p.m. - midnight) Price: $75/person"

Hmm. An afterhours Harry Potter party just for DISers, you say? Wait, what?... December 5th?... *checks itinerary*... OMG, THAT'S THE EXACT DAY I PLANNED ON BEING AT UNIVERSAL FOR HARRY POTTER...

*clicks!*
*reads*
*hyperventilates*

OMG OMG OMG! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

eQxWcCdFnv9OE.gif

I reeeeeally want to do this! Unlimited drinks and ice cream? Super un-crowded Diagon Alley? At NIGHT? Sign me up!!! :wizard:

My plan was to be there at general public opening, do Diagon Alley, then Hogsmeade, then whatever else my aunt & uncle want to do. And then leave the parks, and go to Ohana for dinner that night.

I'd have to move some things around, and maybe even sacrafice Ohana completely (booooo). But if we did this party, we could (1) maybe get there a little later in the morning, since we're doing MVMCP the night before, and (2) have more time to explore the non-Potter parts of the parks. :bitelip:

My concern is that I'm wondering how quick an event like this is going to sell-out? :confused3 Just like MVMCP, I don't want to commit to anything until the park hours come out and I can get out itinerary mapped out for reals. I might look into it more and see if there's anybody at Dreams Unlimited I could speak to, or if there's a forum on the Universal board here on the DIS that I could pose the question in.

My other concern is getting my aunt & uncle onboard to pay another $75 per person for another afterhours party. They're SUPER excited for seeing the Harry Potter stuff though, so they might go for it. I need to get with them about buying our MVMCP tickets soon anyhow, so I might let this whole thing marinate for a week or so, then present the idea to them when I get back from my Disney trip next week.

efXLCAcmhBwGI.gif

Last edited:
Billie, keep in mind that the only part you will be allowed into for the party is Diagon Alley - you cannot get into the Hogsmeade part of Harry Potter or any other portion of Universal.
Oh, for sure! That's the stuff we would be doing earlier in the day! :thumbsup2

Do the party!!!
Extra money is not particularly fun, but ... unlimited drinks & ice cream and lower crowds are definitely good perks!
I'm also a big fan of unique experiences, which I think this will be ... and I think it might be worth missing Ohana.

That said ... I totally understand waiting for park hours to be released before buying anything. Waiting for park hours can be so frustrating ... it's like they want us to plan in advance, but not so far in advance ... oh well, at least you'll have the park hours some time next month and you can start doing more planning then!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter